Dreamcast game sells 10,000 in Japan-- takes #5 spot (for one day)

Friend of Sonic

CAGiversary!
Feedback
183 (100%)
Courtsey of Dreamcast-Scene.com
2007-02-23
Trigger Heart Exelica: First Day Sales

Enterbrain (Famitsu) has published sales figures for the games that were released on February the 22nd in Japan. Please notice #5!

Monster Hunter Portable 2nd (incl. Bundle) (PSP, Capcom): over 500,000 pcs.
Fire Emblem: Akatsuki no Megami (Wii, Nintendo): approx. 50,000 pcs.
Naruto Shippuuden: Gekitou Ninja Taisen EX WII (Wii, Takara Tomy): approx. 20,000 pcs.
Sim City DS (NDS, EA): approx. 20,000 pcs.
Trigger Heart Exelica (DC, Warashi): approx. 10,000 pcs.
Riot Act [Crackdown] (Xbox 360, Microsoft): approx. 10,000 pcs.
Metal Slug Complete (PSP, SNK Playmore): under 10,000 pcs.

(source: Enterbrain, via GameFront.de)

[quote name='whoknows']:lol: A DC game outsold Crackdown.

Even though it's Japan, I still find it funny.[/QUOTE]
I took pleasure in it. I mean, it was barely outsold and Microsoft doesn't have a huge prescence in Japan, but the fact is a game for a system made in 1998 outsold a current gen game (for opening day sales). It's a small, tiny achievement.

[quote name='62t']I am also guessing Trigger Heart Exelica is a lot cheaper to produce than Crackdown.[/QUOTE]
It is. The teams that develop these shumps are small. Smaller are the teams that effortlessly port the Naomi games to the Dreamcast. That's a big reason why we're seeing new titles on Dreamcast.
Also, it doesn't hurt when you beat a game on opening sales that took millions to make. :D

[quote name='Friend of Sonic']I took pleasure in it. I mean, it was barely outsold and Microsoft doesn't have a huge prescence in Japan, but the fact is a game for a system made in 1998 outsold a current gen game (for opening day sales). It's a small, tiny achievement.[/quote]

Holy crap - it's almost 10 years old already?

[quote name='BLarR']Hmmm, could this lead to a 32X sales spike[/QUOTE]
We can only hope. I heard that THPS Project 8 was going to be on the 32X, but they canned it.

In other news, Karous hit store shelves as you may know. However, sales figures posted were a bit smaller-- 2,000 units. Hopefully it outsold the Mary Kate and Ashley games for GBC.

bread's done
Back