Dreamcast games that need to be released.

garrett_in_the_hat

CAGiversary!
The Dreamcast has been long gone for a while now. I have still have my Dreamcast but there are a couple of games that wouldn't buying again if they were re-released for Xbox Live or PS2. What games would you like to see re-released

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure, ChuChu Rocket and Virtual On are a few game i would like to play again.

[quote name='Survivor Charlie']I'm actually shocked that Chu Chu Rocket hasn't made it's way to XBLA yet.[/quote]

Yeah, I always thought this was would be a good choice for XBLA. However I don't think I'd buy it.

Maybe Samba De Amigo for the Wii? I also love JoJo's

Holy Cow!, Chu Chu Rockets! Good call, fellas. I had completely forgotten about that game. JoJo was pretty good, Virtua On not so much. Although I would love to name some of my favorite DC titles (Sword of the Berserker: Gut's Rage comes to mind), how about some of Sega's arcade ports that never saw the light of day on a console? Rad Mobile? Planet Harrier? L.A. Machineguns?

Or a title that was a PS2 exclusive: Rez?

But if I have to stick with DC titles, how about Space Channel 5?

[quote name='edzbsu']how about some of Sega's arcade ports that never saw the light of day on a console? Rad Mobile? Planet Harrier? L.A. Machineguns?[/quote]

Or Daytona USA 2. I can never understand how Sega never ported that onto home consoles.

[quote name='Rodimus Donut']Yeah, I always thought this was would be a good choice for XBLA. However I don't think I'd buy it.

Maybe Samba De Amigo for the Wii? I also love JoJo's[/quote]

It's being made already.

I'd like to see Power Stone 2 being ported over to the XBLA, that'd be a blast to play online.

Chu Chu Rocket has been rumored for XBLA many times, but nothing's ever surfaced.

Anyways, Jet Grind Radio. Actually, just make another sequel.

HALF LIFE!!!!

it wasnt released, but i was really looking forward to it. i can only imagine how much the prototype of this game would cost on ebay.

[quote name='phear3d']HALF LIFE!!!!

it wasnt released, but i was really looking forward to it. i can only imagine how much the prototype of this game would cost on ebay.[/quote]

Or just look for ROM floating out there & burn it. Someone threw it in a trade I had as a "I'm sorry I shipped late" excuse.

Pretty decent, although I hate that the default controls have essential commands(opening doors, switching weapons) mapped to the d-pad. Not to mention it has more load times than the PS2 version. I can see why Sierra canned it.

Sierra canned it because the Dreamcast was sinking. They ended up redoing it for the PS2 later instead. If they were to release Half-Life, they should fix the problem that occurs where the further you progress in levels, the more memory the damn game eats up.

As for Toy Commander, only if they fix up some of the mechanics. I remember it being an absolute pain in the ass getting the plane to stop on the tracks, only to skid right off the table and continue flying.

[quote name='tangytangerine']Or just look for ROM floating out there & burn it. Someone threw it in a trade I had as a "I'm sorry I shipped late" excuse.

Pretty decent, although I hate that the default controls have essential commands(opening doors, switching weapons) mapped to the d-pad. Not to mention it has more load times than the PS2 version. I can see why Sierra canned it.[/quote]
i eventually found that out later, some 2 or 3 years after the dreamcast's demise. still hurt to this day that they've cancelled it.

The treasure games, such as Bangai-O. The Dreamcast (and Saturn) had a wealth of games that should be rereleased. I am hoping that Sega does a Saturn collection (like the Genesis collection) with games like Astal, Clockwork Night, Bug!, Panzer Dragoon etc.

[quote name='Otherguy676']I am hoping that Sega does a Saturn collection (like the Genesis collection) with games like Astal, Clockwork Night, Bug!, Panzer Dragoon etc.[/QUOTE]

That would rock so hard.

[quote name='Otherguy676'] I am hoping that Sega does a Saturn collection (like the Genesis collection) with games like Astal, Clockwork Night, Bug!, Panzer Dragoon etc.[/quote]

A $60 subscription to Gametap will get you Bug!, Clockwork Night, Panzer Dragoon I and II, Golden Axe Duel and Virtua Fighter for a year. ...Plus a couple other games, including Chu Chu Rocket, but without online multiplayer support for some reason.

[quote name='Otherguy676']The treasure games, such as Bangai-O. The Dreamcast (and Saturn) had a wealth of games that should be rereleased. I am hoping that Sega does a Saturn collection (like the Genesis collection) with games like Astal, Clockwork Night, Bug!, Panzer Dragoon etc.[/QUOTE]

Bangai-O was originally a N64 game ported to the Dreamcast and now it's going to be heading to the DS sometime in the Winter 2008.

Jet Grind Radio, Chu Chu Rockets -- all the games that made the Dreamcast fun and different.

How about a reboot of Seaman?

[quote name='t0llenz']Jet Grind Radio, Chu Chu Rockets -- all the games that made the Dreamcast fun and different.

How about a reboot of Seaman?[/quote]

I so agree with this! I got Seaman at launch and loved it, finished it and waited for the sequel to come to my beloved Dreamcast....but it never did...

They released a new Seaman in Japan on the PS2, which should come here for sure!

http://www.ncsxshop.com/cgi-bin/shop/HSN-0012.html

Btw, I haven't played the 2nd one, and probably won't as my japanese language skills are sub par (even after 12 credits of it in college).

But yes, Seaman FTW!

I also would like to see a "Shenmue Trilogy" with 1, 2, and 3 (which of course isn't made yet) all together with new graphics. Any console would be ok with me but the QTEs would work great with the Wiimote and nunchuck.

[quote name='Tsukento']As for Toy Commander, only if they fix up some of the mechanics. I remember it being an absolute pain in the ass getting the plane to stop on the tracks, only to skid right off the table and continue flying.[/QUOTE]
Yes, Toy Commander was a pain in the ass. I liked the concept, and it was fun at first, but eventually the control quirks made everything else less enjoyable.

Re-releases I'd like to see are Jet Grind Radio and Power Stone 2, though I doubt either would hold up too well. Power Stone 2 may work better if the online multiplayer is implemented. The goofy weapons and power-ups are still a novelty and would make a re-play of PS2 appealing to me, though once Brawl comes out I can't imagine playing any other fighter (as I'm not much of a fighter and thus do my fighting in no more than one title at any given time).

Jet Grind Radio is still IMO one of the best games I've ever played. In its day it was so fresh and original, so completely out-of-the-blue. I've never had so much fun dying/failing stages, all for the sake of getting all the tags and listening to the music over and over again. I loved it so much that I'm worried what might happen if I re-played it and suddenly saw flaws I didn't see before. However, an update of JGR would be mine.

Anyhow, those would be my nominees. Six months ago I would've said Wacky Races, but I've since imported the PS2 version and played the hell out of it. The scales have fallen. It's a fun racer, but not worth the energy needed for a re-port and re-release.

I know it's seen a psp release, but Powerstone would be amazing. Shoot, even if it was just a xbla release I'd be all over it... That and Ready to Rumble (know they saw psx & n64 releases, but they played so good on the dc.

bread's done
Back