Dreamcast games

flare1185

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hey I just decided to get a dc the other day and was wondering what are some good dc games I should be looking at since I have no idea what games to start my collection except marvel vs capcom 2. Thanks

Some of the standout titles are:

-Crazy Taxi (1 or 2)
-Sonic Adventure
-Shenmue
-Skies of Arcadia
-Grandia 2
-Bangai-O (if you can find it)
-Power Stone 1&2
-Chu Chu Rocket
-Jet Grind Radio
-Soul Calibur
-Virtua Tennis
-Space Channel 5

Of course, there are tons of other great cheap titles for the dreamcast, but that's a good list to get started collecting with.

If you like Diablo style games I would recommend "Record of Lodoss War"

If you know Japanese and want a quirky and unique J-RPG get "Segagaga" AKA: "SGGG", in this you are an employee for Sega and through the game you produce video games to help Sega get 100% market share. It is alot of fun, but requires alot of Japanese knowledge or a good FAQ.

Last edited by a moderator:
Dreamcast games are really cheap and relatively rare. My advice would be to pick up any DC game you see. The price is so low, if you don't like it you'll have wasted $2. No big deal. You can check the bins at your local Blockbuster or Hollywood Video and of course ebay. You should pay no more than a couple of dollars per game.

I downloaded most of the games since i can't find them locally or for a reasonable price on eBay, but i did buy House of the Dead 2, Skies of Arcadia, and Blue Stinger.

[quote name='momomchine']Dreamcast games are really cheap and relatively rare. My advice would be to pick up any DC game you see. The price is so low, if you don't like it you'll have wasted $2. No big deal. You can check the bins at your local Blockbuster or Hollywood Video and of course ebay. You should pay no more than a couple of dollars per game.[/quote]
Rare and Cheap don't mix.

Demolition Racer: No Exit is my favorite driving game ever. It even has a mini game where you can use a light gun. Grab it if you ever see it.

It'll be hard to find, but Ikaruga is awesome. Also cdrober is right, Segagaga is fantastic (assuming that you can read JP or are willing to read a translation guide while you play), aside from those most everything thats really good has been posted here, but some I would recommend are: Bangai-O, Chu-Chu Rocket, Jet Grind Radio, Skies Of Arcadia, Marvel Vs Capcom 2, Soulcalibur, Gunbird 2, Crazy Taxi 1 and/or 2, Shenmue (duh, and if you can get a EU copy Try to get Shenmue 2, your stuff from the first will carry over to the next game), Sonic Adventure 1 and/or 2 (I liked 1 more than 2, but both pale in comparison to any of the sonic games before them), Space Channel 5, Powerstone 1&2 (yes, both), D2 (might help to play D first though), Sword Of The Berserk: Guts' Rage (awesome hack'n slash), Dyanmite Cop! (I can't stress this enough, GET THIS!), MDK 2, and Zombie Revenge (very similar to Dynamite Cop!, just with zombies..)

Border Down, Giga Wing 1&2, Last Hope, Psyvariar, Shikigami No Shiro 2, Trigger Heart, Mars Matrix, Under Defeat, Zero Gunner 2, Ikaruga, Bangi-O.

I like Shmups.

I would say 90% of the fighting games on the dreamcast were amazing and you should look for them. 99% of the shmups on the DC were like Gods gift to gamers. Pick up any of these 2 genres and stay away from the fishing games and hunting games and you should be good.

I enjoy both Sega Bass Fishing and Sega Marine Fishing.

Also, I don't think I saw Metropolis Street Racer mentioned. It's what Project Gotham was patterned from. Sega Rally 2 is also excellent.

And if you can find the maracas, Samba de Amigo is a ton of fun.

[quote name='cdrober']If you like Diablo style games I would recommend "Record of Lodoss War"

If you know Japanese and want a quirky and unique J-RPG get "Segagaga" AKA: "SGGG", in this you are an employee for Sega and through the game you produce video games to help Sega get 100% market share. It is alot of fun, but requires alot of Japanese knowledge or a good FAQ.[/quote]

I played the s--t out of Record of Lodoss War. It's really addictive.

There are so many great games for the Dreamcast! I don't think I saw any one mention Rayman 2, Toy Commander, Quake III, Test Drive Le Mans, Samba de Amigo and of course ton of fantastic fighting games.

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back