Dreamcast memory card oddity...

Zon27

CAGiversary!
Feedback
40 (98%)
Well I don't know if it's odd or not. But today at EBGames B&M I traded in a playstation and some games for the $50 deal.

While the guy was finalizing the trade-in. I was looking over the counter and noticed something hanging from a peg behind the registers.

It was a DC memory card marked $1.49. So ofcourse I snagged it but I was curious it has 4 indicator lights and a single button the top. It appears to be a 1st party memory card (the sku number on it is the same as the sku for the 1st party vmus on ebgames.com).

First thing that came to mind was that it's a 4X Memory card...but I didn't think that Sega made their own 4X memory card...is it what I think it is?

They made official Sega 4x VMU (MSRP was $29.99 when they came out)

The only downsides were it wouldn't work for some imports and it had no LCD screen like reg VMU.

Good find. It sounds like the first party, somewhat rare, 4-in-1 Dreamcast memmy card. Never really needed another one after that for usual use. I paid a good $15 a few years ago on eBay for one. Was worth every penny.

Heh. I still have one! And (on a slightly unrelated note) I still have the box and original SEGA Samba de Amigo Maracas. Flippin awesome.

Sweet, it appears so...after I posted this I searched the net for this and this is the memory card I got...

37308.jpg

$1.49 used is not bad at all, I would say.

bread's done
Back