Dreamcast Shenmue New @ Odd-Job (East Coast) $15.99

:shock: Just got a dreamcast and never played the series. I was thinking about picking it up but I didn't. I guess next time I am in the area I will pick it up.

I think its definately worth picking up for that price. I bought it when it first came out and still really enjoyed it. I think the biggest drawback of the series is that it tends to lag simply because they try to make the game so encompassing. But overall its worth it...especially at that discounted price. SEGA BETTER COME OUT WITH 3! Gotta finish the storyline at least...to not would be unforgiveable.

I think that it takes a certain type of person to love Shenmue. Think of it as a digital life simulator, along the lines of GTA or the Sims... only not so much is going on. You are Ryu Hazuki, teenager out to avenge your fathers death by beating up various people. The thing about Shenmue is that it's a go anywhere, do anything game, but aside from some old SEGA classics, there isn't that much to DO.

Shenmue I was decent, but Shenmue II (DC version, only available in PAL or JPN) was godly. I can understand why some people don't like the first game, but there is simply no excuse to not like Shenmue II.

[quote name='magilacudy']There's supposed to be like 15 different 'chapters' of it. So putting out a 3rd Shenmue is a start, albeit a slow one =/[/quote]

Shenmue 1=1 chapter
Shenmue 2=3 chapters

So if Shenmue 3 ever actually comes out, it will start on Chapter 5.

My love affair with the Shenmue series:

1. Imported the LE edition of Shenmue from Japan when it first released. I don't speak a lick of Japanese, but I had a guide, as well as some of the most fun I've ever spent playing a video game. Price: $74. Times beaten: Twice.

2. I, of course, grab up the American release the first day it is out. I play it, now able to fully understand it, and I love it. Price: $49.99. Times beaten: Twice.

3. By this point I had played through the original Shenmue (JP & US) 4 times. I was dying for the sequel. I held off on the Japanese release this time, and opted for the UK release of Shenmue II. 4 disks, Japanese speech and english subs. It was perfect. I played through it, and fell in love with the series all over again. Price: $54.95. Times beaten: Once.

Unfortunately I had to part with my DC before I got to play it again so...

4. I buy Shenmue II for XBox and play through it again, this time fully in English. Guess what? I LOVE IT! Price: $49.99. Times beaten: Once.

If I could ask for any one series to finish out its course, it would be the Shenmue series. I will be crushed if they forfeit the sequel or turn it into a movie like they mentioned before.

All in all, I spent about $230 on this series so far, and I would have paid much more. I want Shenmue III :cry:

I USED TO WORK AT ODD JOB, IT USED TO SELL FOR $9.99 BOUT A YEAR AGO. ALSO HAD STREETFIGHTER ALPHA 3, AND A FEW OTHER GEMS FOR 10 BUCKS. DID I MENTION THAT IT WAS SHENMUE LE WITH THE SOUNDTRACK. YOU GOT JACKED UP BY OJ.

:lol:

bread's done
Back