Dreamcast US Samba De Amigo w/ Maracas

briggs

CAGiversary!
Anybody know where I can find this game or the Maracas controllers. Looks like I can get this game for about $10.00 off of EBAY but I can't find the controllers anywhere. Anyone have any ideas where I can find the Maracas for cheap or anywhere at all. This game looks incredible. Thanks

Ebay is basically the only place to get the Sega maracas.

Only 10,000 sets of maracas were made for the US version of the game. The game came out in October 2000 and buy January 2001, the maracas were near impossible to find. I ended up paying $106 for the maracas with shipping and tax from FAO Schwarz online (MSRP on the maracas was $80 and they wanted $90 plus shipping and tax) because they were the only store to have them at the time.

You can get 3rd party maracas for about $50 but I have heard nothing but bad things about 3rd party ones.

Ive got a set, one doesnt work though. So if you know anything about electronics you could buy them for cheap and try to fix them.

good luck. I gave up on maracas as I refused to pay high shipping for third party ones and Samba ones cost so much. I think Nintendo should step up and bring Samba out for the GCN and have it link up with Konga

That would be a great idea. Kind of like a band type setup similar to what Konami did with Guitar Freaks and Drum Mania in the arcade and on PS2 where you have 1 person playing drums and 2 people playing guitars.

This game has been all over the place since G4 started running it in their shows a few times... Oh and that damn Night Trap game... Don't even get me started on that shit...

[quote name='maxflight']I'm going to hong kong soon I think I'll pick up the original first party ones there :p[/quote]

maxflight = lucky bastard

[quote name='maxflight']I'm going to hong kong soon I think I'll pick up the original first party ones there :p[/quote]
CAG Meetups in Hong Kong!

I bought two sets of Sega maracas and Samba the day it came out. I'm not willing to part with mine, but I wanted to let you know that if you do ever find them, they're worth every penny. It's definitely some of the most fun I've had with a videogame, and quite a workout. My arms were sore for days after I played for four hours the first night I got it. So, if you can find it, definitely go for it. You won't regret it.

[quote name='KingDox']I have some 3rd party ones I got for 30 a few years back. The game with maracas is fantastic.[/quote]

do they work alright for you?

are there anyone who has experience with third AND first party maracas in here? I'm sure all of us wants to know which is actually the better set.

I've used both the first party and third party maracas. I haven't had problems with either. Some people even say they find the third party more reliable, though I didn't notice a difference. I don't remember exactly which kind of third party maracas I have though. I've seen at least 3 or 4 different kinds. Still, if I were you, I'd go third party, as it's MUCH cheaper than first party.

You can find some third party maracas here:
http://www.lik-sang.com/info.php?category=28&products_id=1311& for $30 US.

I have only seen people on Ebay sell the type of maraccas I own, I have "king Of Maraccas" 3rd party. Most places have "Cha Cha". Mine they look like 1st party, they have the zig zag maraca sticker, and the foot mat has the same monkey feet prints, even the box is yellow and has knock off character drawings.

They worked good for me, the right one wasn't as responsive as the left one. So I did miss every once and awhile. I haven't used them in a long time. So I don't know if they keep stand up to lots of use. But if you can find 3rd party for under 30 I say get them. But try to find someone who takes returns incase they are DOA or die on you.

[quote name='dcfox']Is this game worth playing at all w/ the regular controller?[/quote]

Hell No. It is no fun at all trying to play it with the regular controller.

it is fun to play with the controller for a little while. And then you say I NEED SOME fuckIN MARACAS

thats why about a month ago I was desperate for a pair (never got any though). I plan on getting a set and version 2000 of Samba this summer

[quote name='st0neface']All this talk about how hard it is to find the maracas makes me wanna buy Donkey Konga as soon as it comes out.[/quote]

agreed. I will not miss out on this game no matter how bad the music is.

Has Donkey Konga been officialy confirmed to be coming out in the US?

I already have so many music games with special controllers already (right now I have Samba De Amigo, Dance Dance Revolution, Pump It Up, Beatmania, Guitar Freaks, Keyboard Mania, Para Para Paradise and Pop N Music) but I want to add to the collection.

I lucked out on eBay back in Decemeber and snagged a pair of original Sega maracas from Japan. They went for about $120, I think. Luckily, my girl really wanted to play the game, so I could justify the expense in my mind.

I saw somewhere, it must have been Pulse or some such show, that Sega is developing games for the EyeToy with classic characters. Part of the montage showed Samba de Amigo. I don't know if I'm reading too much into it, or if ther plan is actually to bring Samba de Amigo to the PS2. Using the EyeToy seem like a clever way to let those of us who missed out the first time participate in Samamadness and don't want to drop that much on the maracas.

yeah I saw that sega eye toy game, It has a samba level, no real details yet but the screen shot had the same 6 circle configuration that samba has. Just put some real maraccas and you have next to the best thing. I wonder how many songs from samba they will include. It would be amazing it it was all of them.

I love my Samba. I ordered the game & official maraccas when they first came out because it looked so fun, and I've never regretted it for a second. As soon as they announced Donkey Konga, I knew I was gonna jump on that one too. :)

BTW, YoshiFan1, how is Guitar Freaks? I've always been curious about that one, but I'd like to know a little more about it before I drop the cash for the import + controller.

It's a great game. My 2nd or 3rd favorite Bemani game.

The gameplay is the same as other Bemani, when the notes hit the line at the end of the screen, you hit the corresponding button on the guitar (red blue and green). When the wailing icon hits the line, you tilt up the guitar for a bonus.

Right now all I have is 1st Mix and 2nd Mix. 1st Mix has a very small songlist (25 songs total, including the same song with a different difficulty like of those 25 songs, like Hypnotica on Normal is counted as 1 song and Hypnotica on Expert is considered a different song) and it takes a while to fully unlock all the songs.

I haven't played 2nd Mix yet since I wanted to wait until I got bored with 1st Mix.

Keep in mind that there are only 4 home versions of the game (1st and 2nd Mix for PS1, 3rd and 4th Mix for PS2) even though in the arcade they are up to 10th mix.

With 3rd and 4th Mix, both also have Drum Mania games with them too which is a nice bonus (Guitar 3rd has Drum Mania 2nd Mix and Guitar 4th has Drum Mania 3rd Mix).

If you can get it at a good price, I would try to get the official Konami controller.

However, if you just want to see if you really like the game before you buy an official controller or you think you will be happy with a 3rd party controller, a cheap 3rd party one might be good enough (I have never used a 3rd party guitar so I can't say for sure how good or bad it is)

It took me a year of searching on Ebay but I finally saw a buy it now on the Konami Guitar and 1st Mix for $65 with shipping and bought it (the guitar alone can reach $100+ even used which I think is way too much money) .

Are you talking about the DC versions? I'm not sure if the game came out in other consoles...that's why I'm asking. I bought a pair about 2 years ago from eBay for $50 w/ the Dreamcast system and 10 games. They're the original Sega ones but they're uses. Just dirty but with a little cleaning, could be almost new.

bread's done
Back