Dreamcast VGA cable questions

Some monitors are not compatible with 640x480, especially new ones since that resolution is so low and rarely used.

Sorry.

[quote name='yukine']Some monitors are not compatible with 640x480, especially new ones since that resolution is so low and rarely used.

Sorry.[/quote]

That sucks. Technology is wacky.

[quote name='babycarlitos']hello i have a quick question:
i bought the dc vga box ( the one with the switch) and it works fine on the monitor but on the tv it says not supported.... i have the samsung lna46a550 and it supports 480p all the way to 1080p... isnt the vga box 480p? it works on the monitor so Im assuming is fine... how can i connect the DC to the tv then?[/QUOTE]

sorry for bumping an old thread, but wanted to say i've the same issue with the Samsung LN46 A550 46inch and my racketboy VGA box. TV says "mode not supported"

the box DID work with my friend's Samsung LN46 A650 46 inch though, with capcom vs snk 2. looked great

[quote name='Adjective']sorry for bumping an old thread, but wanted to say i've the same issue with the Samsung LN46 A550 46inch and my racketboy VGA box. TV says "mode not supported"

the box DID work with my friend's Samsung LN46 A650 46 inch though, with capcom vs snk 2. looked great[/quote]

thanks for that info.... now to sell my 550 to get a 650... lol

[quote name='nico stallion']I thought that an s video cable would give me a much better picture than the standard RF unit. I want to play my dreamcast through my Sony Vaio monitor.

The VGA box has an s video connection that is why I'm asking if this is the best route to take.

I also have a Tv with a DVI connection and another tv with a RGB connection.

I don't like the RF unit's picture. What would you suggest other than the RF Unit:)[/QUOTE]

Sorry for bumping this thread, I just wanted to clarify - yes, the RF output is terrible and should not be used. But anyone still interested in this issue need not purchase a VGA box if they don't plan on using the VGA proper. You can easily obtain a plain old composite/AV cable for your Dreamcast which is leaps and bounds better than the RF, and you can even find s-video cables for your Dreamcast. No need to buy a vga box to run s-video from the system :)

bump from the past but I'm having this issue - I have an older VGA converter box and a new samsung pn50c6500. The tv does not have svideo or composite (it has shared composite with component that have to disconnect my wii for) When I hook in my VGA box, the TV says mode not supported. Am I officially SOL or is there another way to hook up my dreamcast?

thanks

oh yeah - RF does work but it looks bad and sounds even worse

bread's done
Back