Drinking game catch words/phrases for Obama's speech tonight?

I'm trying to think of a few that won't have us dead of alcohol poisioning in the first 5 mins, so economy, Congress, bill, and president are out.

Any suggestions?

Also taking bets on the response by Wall Street tomorrow.

Crisis - 2 shots

You'll have alcohol poisoning soon enough.

Edit - I'm also excited to see exactly how he cleverly and tactfully blames the previous administration for as much as possible.

Last edited by a moderator:
Crisis is probably a good call for a a 1/4 shot.
Broly, I think "fair" at 2 shots a pop might make our game a suicide pact. I'll be using the rest of em though. Good call.

If he says nukulur, we might just have to agree to make it a suicide pact anyway.
[quote name='thrustbucket']Edit - I'm also excited to see exactly how he cleverly and tactfully blames the previous administration for as much as possible.[/QUOTE]
Aside from the people that have divorced themselves from the reality of how badly the Bush administration handled .. I dunno, everything, I don't see why he would want to be tactful or clever in explaining either.

obama20presidential20al.jpg

only fitting...

progress, promise and pricetag get a drink

If he says hillbilly then you have to swig half a 5th.

misappropriated is a good one too.

[quote name='speedracer']Broly, I think "fair" at 2 shots a pop might make our game a suicide pact. I'll be using the rest of em though. Good call. [/quote]

I don't think he'll use it much. How about a little clarification if you think you'll be hearing it a lot.

"Fair" - 2 shots
"Fairness" - 1/2 shot

Oh, and a new one:

Diplomacy - The whole fucking bottle

[quote name='freakyzeeky']Ronald Reagan - A whole shot

Oh, and I'm sure the Market will drop a couple hundred points tomorrow. ;)[/quote]

god damn obama !!

He will probably say "responsible/responsibly" a bunch of times..trying to convince people he isn't really wasting trillions of taxpayer dollars.

BTW: In honor of Mardi Gras (Fat Tuesday) I already drank two large glasses of Hurricane before the speech even started!

[quote name='hostyl1']BTW: In honor of Mardi Gras (Fat Tuesday) I already drank two large glasses of Hurricane before the speech even started![/QUOTE]

high gravity hurricaine? that stuff is terrible, but it will get you drunk

someone should've said recovery

Okay, i just don't give a shit about what Obama says anymore. He's just, ugh. It's like a joke, it almost seems as if he's saying what he KNOWS will get people to like him on the spot. And the people just eat it all up.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='RAMSTORIA']high gravity hurricaine? that stuff is terrible, but it will get you drunk[/quote]

No. I dont know what that stuff is you're talking about. This is a twist on the New Orleans favorite that my wife (who's from NO) made for me today. She upped the ante though from regular rum to 151. I feel pretty good now.

[quote name='HovaEscobar']someone should've said recovery

Okay, i just don't give a shit about what Obama says anymore. He's just, ugh. It's like a joke, it almost seems as if he's saying what he KNOWS will get people to like him on the spot. And the people just eat it all up.[/quote]

You sir, have seen the light

[quote name='speedracer']I'm trying to think of a few that won't have us dead of alcohol poisioning in the first 5 mins, so economy, Congress, bill, and president are out.

Any suggestions?

Also taking bets on the response by Wall Street tomorrow.[/quote]

Threadwin.

You have the best approach out of anyone I know when it comes to this speech.

[quote name='HovaEscobar']it almost seems as if he's saying what he KNOWS will get people to like him on the spot. And the people just eat it all up.[/QUOTE]
I don't get it. He's positive and speaks to the issues as he seems to see them. He didn't seem to say a whole lot we don't know, but at the same time I think it's clear that the guy at the top needs to be talking about just this to calm nerves (ie the market) and to try to clearly lay out his vision for his administration.

I get disagreeing with his positions. That makes sense to me. Not liking the guy because he's saying what most people are thinking doesn't make sense to me.

I guess my question to you and Broly is what do you want him to say?

[quote name='JolietJake']Why do republicans hate funding scientific research?

http://news.yahoo.com/s/livescience/govjindalfollowupwhatisvolcanomonitoring[/QUOTE]

Drives me nuts--especially as an academic who depends greatly on federal funding to do my research, get tenure etc.

But in this case I think Jindal was just complaining that the spending for research like that has nothing to do with stimulating the economy. And I'd say that is true. Grants tend to be used just to keep people in jobs at research organizations, and in academia they are used for summer salary and course buyouts for faculty and for funding graduate assistants to work on the project (tuition and salary). And of course funding for materials and equipment for the research.

So it's not really creating new jobs or promoting a ton of spending that woudl stimulate the economy. It's very important and something that needs more funding after Bush made a lot of cuts (especially in my area) after his first few years. But it probably shouldn't be part of the stimulous package.

[quote name='RAMSTORIA']level2online? hmmmm...[/quote]
[quote name='Friend of Sonic']Yep.[/quote]
Not any longer.

Until we see level3online.

[quote name='ananag112']Why was level1online banned?[/QUOTE]

The way I heard it was someone PM'd him asking for the link to a book that was copywritten. He obliged, and that person told on him.

[quote name='dmaul1114']Drives me nuts--especially as an academic who depends greatly on federal funding to do my research, get tenure etc.

But in this case I think Jindal was just complaining that the spending for research like that has nothing to do with stimulating the economy. And I'd say that is true. Grants tend to be used just to keep people in jobs at research organizations, and in academia they are used for summer salary and course buyouts for faculty and for funding graduate assistants to work on the project (tuition and salary). And of course funding for materials and equipment for the research.

So it's not really creating new jobs or promoting a ton of spending that woudl stimulate the economy. It's very important and something that needs more funding after Bush made a lot of cuts (especially in my area) after his first few years. But it probably shouldn't be part of the stimulous package.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, most welfare recipients don't like it when their benefits might not go up. :)

bread's done
Back