Drinking Games with Video Games

Rodimus

CAGiversary!
Feedback
183 (100%)
Another topic here (guess which one it is) influanced this post. Do you guys play drinking games with friends (or by yourself) while playing video games. If you do name it, I might wanna try it.

Mine is with Mario Party. It's simple and can be done with any Mario Party. Everytime some gets a star everyone takes a shot. and stealing stars counts. Lose a star some how or get one stolen from you, take a shot. We usally do it with rum.

I would never ever think about driving drunk but playing a driving video game, especially with a wheel, while you are wasted is a blast.

A few weeks ago we played Duck Hunt while having a few. If you miss a duck, you drink. Player 2 controlled the ducks so we had a nice rotation and tried teams since we had 4 people.
Most racing games work well, any Mario Karts are great because the battle mode or race, but they're fun drinking or not.

Any 4P game is great. Add up your points (points based on placing), and every 10 is a shot or if you're drinking beer, sip the number of the place you got.

There's a game in development called "The Guy Game" that pretty much has this concept in mind.

IMO, drinking and gaming go hand in hand.

I agree with Mario Party.. it just seems to work great adapted into a drinking game. Of course once we're far enough into the drinking game it usually ends up as Strip Mario Party, which isn't too bad either.

And yes, I play with members of the female persuasion.

I think I'll have to find a way to turn either Time Crisis 3 or DDR to involve drinking on my 21st. Preferably DDR.

[quote name='joystickz']WarioWare Inc., Mega Party Games.

Add a little sake for a drunken theme with no turning back.

Pure insanity.[/quote]

Yes Wario Ware. Get drunk then play "Doctor's Orders." For those of you unfamiliar with that game you play one of the Micro Games while doing what the doctor tells you to. Example: while doing your best impersination of someone. Then the other people playing can clap for you if it was entertaining enough. The game isn't that fun if you're not drunk.

[quote name='alongx']I think I'll have to find a way to turn either Time Crisis 3 or DDR to involve drinking on my 21st. Preferably DDR.[/quote]

DDR doesn't work good. My friend puked all over his mat and ruined it. And it was one of the official Konami ones.

[quote name='CTLesq']One scotch before Madden.

I become an assasin.

Two scotches, I look like my avatar.[/quote]

So thats how you got the pic! lol

[quote name='BigNick'][quote name='CTLesq']One scotch before Madden.

I become an assasin.

So thats how you got the pic! lol[/quote]

Thats actually after three.

[quote name='CTLesq'][quote name='BigNick'][quote name='CTLesq']One scotch before Madden.

I become an assasin.

Thats actually after three.[/quote]

ha ha ha

Ya, that was one of the funniest south parks ever. Jimmy on 'roids! ha hah I'm gonna watch that one now!

My favorites are Goldeneye and Fuzion Frenzy - Twisted System.
Both work the same way. Winner takes a shot. That's it. It is a great way to play. It evens the playing field very well.
Except, one of my friends' reactions seem to get better as he gets more drunk. After 7 shots he has gotten up to a score of 140 on Twisted System. He goes into a trance or something.

[quote name='BigNick'][quote name='CTLesq'][quote name='BigNick'][quote name='CTLesq']One scotch before Madden.

I become an assasin.

Thats actually after three.[/quote]

ha ha ha

Ya, that was one of the funniest south parks ever. Jimmy on 'roids! ha hah I'm gonna watch that one now![/quote]

After seeing Cartman impersonate the retarded, I knew without question I had found my new avatar.

Just to point something out to people.. Video Game Drinking Games are not just playing video games whilst drunk.

Its using the video as a drinking game, as in playing SSBM, whenever someone dies they have to take one shot, if they kill themselves, they take 2 shots, if they die to someone with over 300% damage they take 3 shots, etc, whatever rules you come up with.

Super Bomberman (any would probably work as well, but we always use SNES one.) Normal pace drinking throughout game, but once a player is Golden Bomberman, that player takes a shot when he loses the title (even to the computer.)
Super Streetfighter II Turbo on SNES. Other fighting games just aren't simplistic enough for this. Drinking during off-fights keeps it going good. The player that wins 3 matches in a row is champion. If a player defeats the champion, the champion takes a shot. If that player wins 5 in a row, he has to play the rest of the matches (until he loses) while not looking at the screen.
My favorite and most ridiculously punishing drinking game though.
The original Super Mario Bros. on NES. No beer! Do a shot everytime you die and pass the controller. Starts a tad slow depending on how good you are, but quickly escalates into a trash-talking, cursing, rowdy bunch of fun. Lost my job at McDonald's in college because of this one....sad, but true story.

legion_stxds Posted: June 30, 2004, 2:18 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My friends and I play pandora tomorrow drunk.

I'm glad to know I'm not the only one who does this. most people don't now how to react when their random partner turns out to be blitzballed. I just think alcohol makes me stealthier.

[quote name='catacasa']
My favorite and most ridiculously punishing drinking game though.
The original Super Mario Bros. on NES. No beer! Do a shot everytime you die and pass the controller. Starts a tad slow depending on how good you are, but quickly escalates into a trash-talking, cursing, rowdy bunch of fun. Lost my job at McDonald's in college because of this one....sad, but true story.[/quote]

I like this one. Gonna try it Friday night I think, but with Mario 3.

[quote name='Rodimus Donut'][quote name='alongx']I think I'll have to find a way to turn either Time Crisis 3 or DDR to involve drinking on my 21st. Preferably DDR.[/quote]

DDR doesn't work good. My friend puked all over his mat and ruined it. And it was one of the official Konami ones.[/quote]

dude, I haven't played DDR, but I've watched people at the mall play it, and even that is enough to make me a little nauseous. DDR is a surefire ticket to either vomiting or serious personal injury.

Beer Golf is the greatest. The more players the merrier. Any golf game will work. Drink once before your first putt (If you go off the green you must drink before first putt again). You drink once for every stroke you are over par and everyone else drinks one for every stroke you are under par on each hole. Lots of drinks with lots of players.

We used to play Devil Dice and Mario Party. The worst combination of drining game and video game ever was one night when we were playing Mario Party and we had a rule where if you stepped on a red(lost coins) space you had to drink. I hit some random space on the board that reversed all the spaces, so ever space was red except a very few. We were completely bombed before the game was over. Good times =)

me and my college buddy drink playing madden and mvp baseball online vs each other...in madden, every td, int, fumble, 1st down allowed, being sacked, missed fg, is a shot or a big swish of beer...in mvp, every run, homer=x2, walk, error, hit into double play, if get 1,2,3 inning, strikeout, and k looking = x 2

NHL 2003, or any Hockey game, for that matter. great games to play a drinking game with. everytime you get scored on, its a drink everytime you get a penalty, its a drink. come up with your own rules.

i second the nhl game idea, but it must be done with nhlpa '93 for the sega genesis. with the final scores being in the 20s (at least), you'd probably only need to play once game. and there can be extras of some sort if a goalie scores a goal the other goalie.

For playing with my friends I came up with a Madden/Espn/Ncaa drinking game, first off loser of the overall game would take a shot but loser of almost anything would take a drink of their beer during the game (coin toss, give up a touchdown, fumble or throw an interception, you get the picture)

Wario Ware (gamecube) should come with a 30 pack of beer I swear. We play "wobbly bobbly" and any time you lose a minigame you have to drink. Its madness.

On a somewhat related note, my friends and I created a drinking game to go along with the movie "The Wizard". Anytime there was a Nintendo or generic video game reference you had to drink. I don't remember most of that night, lol.

I wanna start a good drinking game with fighting games. How bought eveytime a high level super move is done on you, you take a shot? Also something with Mega Man. Any ideas?

[quote name='hunter_d'][quote name='Rodimus Donut'][quote name='alongx']I think I'll have to find a way to turn either Time Crisis 3 or DDR to involve drinking on my 21st. Preferably DDR.[/quote]

DDR doesn't work good. My friend puked all over his mat and ruined it. And it was one of the official Konami ones.[/quote]

dude, I haven't played DDR, but I've watched people at the mall play it, and even that is enough to make me a little nauseous. DDR is a surefire ticket to either vomiting or serious personal injury.[/quote]

I've played DDR while drinking, but I'd agree that its not a good game to play when you're on the verge of getting sick drunk. I find its fun to play at that moment where you start walking a bit crooked but can still count how many beers you've had.

[quote name='Rodimus Donut']I wanna start a good drinking game with fighting games. How bought eveytime a high level super move is done on you, you take a shot? Also something with Mega Man. Any ideas?[/quote]

With fighting games, I'd just drink per fall. And any side-scroller works well just taking a drink and passing the controller when you die.

I like pulling out the Eye Toy Groove with my friends. Its halarious cause their waving their arms around the screen trying to hit the sensors and one of them even try hitting the sensor on the tv.. they end up confusing themselves, its like that trick where u put ur hands up to their face and go "Your running through the forest..." moving ur hands fast. hehe

[quote name='Cornfedwb'][quote name='Rodimus Donut']I wanna start a good drinking game with fighting games. How bought eveytime a high level super move is done on you, you take a shot? Also something with Mega Man. Any ideas?[/quote]

With fighting games, I'd just drink per fall. And any side-scroller works well just taking a drink and passing the controller when you die.[/quote]

The thing with Mega Man is that I can play through the entire game and only die like 2-3 times, and I wanna get drunk.

Hmmm, drinking and Megaman, that's tough. For any time you die/need to use an energy tank, that's a drink. Also death results in passing the controller. If you go Megaman X, you can throw in every time you find a power up. If you don't die often enough, for every boss you kill, drink, gets real interesting in Wily's castle when you play them all again.

Game #1: Play Superman 64 shitfaced. You can do this alone, or with friends. But notice how much more the controls make sense as you become more intoxicated....

#2: Street Fighter Alpha Fatality: Basically, when you lose the match, take a shot of tequila or vodka.

Game #3: Die, Bit#$, Die!!! Get Halo, play Boarding Action, and use ONLY Sniper Rifles. Every time your sniped, take a shot.

Beer Run Battle: Talk alot of smack to somebody about Grand Turismo, race each other. Whoever wins covers the next beer run.

Illegal but fun: Stoner Lost Vikings: Play Lost Vikings stoned. Not that I've ever done this....

[quote name='Rodimus Donut'][quote name='Cornfedwb'][quote name='Rodimus Donut']I wanna start a good drinking game with fighting games. How bought eveytime a high level super move is done on you, you take a shot? Also something with Mega Man. Any ideas?[/quote]

With fighting games, I'd just drink per fall. And any side-scroller works well just taking a drink and passing the controller when you die.[/quote]

The thing with Mega Man is that I can play through the entire game and only die like 2-3 times, and I wanna get drunk.[/quote]

So drink every time you're damaged.. that should get you shit-faced quickly :p

[quote name='Cornfedwb'][quote name='Rodimus Donut'][quote name='Cornfedwb'][quote name='Rodimus Donut']I wanna start a good drinking game with fighting games. How bought eveytime a high level super move is done on you, you take a shot? Also something with Mega Man. Any ideas?[/quote]

The thing with Mega Man is that I can play through the entire game and only die like 2-3 times, and I wanna get drunk.[/quote]

So drink every time you're damaged.. that should get you shit-faced quickly :p[/quote]

By the time I get to Wily, my body will be 90% alchool. Sounds fun.

bread's done
Back