Driver's license test

Oktoberfest

CAGiversary!
Feedback
35 (100%)
I don't really have a problem driving but I'm still really scared that I'm going to fail. So when you took the driving test, what mistakes did you make so I can try to not make them?

[quote name='Oktoberfest']I don't really have a problem driving but I'm still really scared that I'm going to fail. So when you took the driving test, what mistakes did you make so I can try to not make them?[/QUOTE]

you can pass the test and still be a shitty driver........just come live in VA and see how many shitty drivers we have and you will know why they passed that damn law!!!

I finished the test by parking in 2 spaces, and I still got my license!

My best piece of advice would be to find a nice small easy to drive car for the test.

Parallel Parking. I'm not sure if every state makes you do it but I failed because I didn't put my turn signal on while going into the spot and pulling out of the spot.

I got flipped off by another driver during my test and still got my license.

Just be calm.

And make sure to signal and look over your shoulder like a motherfucker.

the female state trooper told my driving instructor "he was a bad driver, but he was cute" I forgot which lane was the passing lane 3 times.

During my driving test, I had a light turn yellow while I was already moving through the intersection. The DMV test lady started screaming that I had run a red light and gave me an automatic fail. On my next attempt, I rolled out of bed and showed up without combing my hair, shaving, or even showering. They passed me with flying colors that time!

just stay calm, and make sure you practice the basics. Make sure you get enough experience out on the road.

I failed my first test because I was honestly a nervous wreck, but managed to pass 2nd time through.

i missed 1 point because i didnt signal when i pulled over to do a u turn. just remember its ok to cry if you fail. my sister cried because she failed her first time she took the test. i cant remember what she did, but it was an automatic fail.

I did so much wrong in my test.

#1 The street like curved kind of like a banana, and I ended up crossing the middle divider for a few seconds, she didn't say anything. My car was halfway over.

#2 I hit the curb parallel parking. She just told me, "K looks like you're wedged up against the curb, pull forward a little bit then let's try this again.

#3 I didn't stop completely making a right turn on a stop sign.

I passed missing 10 points, and you can miss a max of 15. So just don't be nervous, make sure to look at one of your mirrors every 5 ish seconds, look at the speedometer every 5ish seconds. Try to make it as obvious as possible, overexaggerate. If you're a girl wear dangly earrings. Even if you're not and have peirced ears wear earrings that would draw attention to the person giving the test that your head is moving.

Also, last thing, when you're passing intersections remember to do your "animated head movements" and look both ways quickly when you come up on it. Good Luck.

I got dinged for not "scanning" each driveway of every house.

This was out in the hick town where every lawn is dirt, every sidewalk is dirt, every road is dirt, every driveway is dirt. How the hell do you know what's a driveway and what's lawn! Sheeesh. Other then that it was a breeze. Just don't freak out and you'll be fine. Mind your speed and watch where you backup. Hitting a curb is an instant fail too.

wait...you're supposed to take a test first before you drive?;)

anyway, i failed twice and both times were just dumb...the first was this lady who obviously was not having a good day and had me drive around the block and then brought me back without even having me really do anything and failed me...stupid bitch....

the second was my fault but i think it was a trap since they lead you to a neighborhood and as i was driving i happen to run a stop sign...but there was no street there, just a stop sign in the middle of a long street...i couldnt believe it but sure enough the guy puts on his panicking act even though there isnt another car in sight and when i got back i failed

I failed my first test because: 1. the woman is known amongst high-schoolers in my town as being a bitch, and 2. I nicked a curb while making a turn. The turn is basically like making a U-turn and that curb always has tire marks all over it.

My second time I passed even though the guy bitched me out about going "27 in a 25", even though I made sure to watch my speed and know I never went over the limit. Then he made it sound like he was doing me a favor by passing me.

Needless to say, I fucking hate the DMV.

I only got 1 point off for not knowing how to turn on my highbeams. WTF was that about?

Make sure you emphasize that you are checking your mirrors. Just enough so they tester notices you doing it.

[quote name='Oktoberfest']I don't really have a problem driving but I'm still really scared that I'm going to fail. So when you took the driving test, what mistakes did you make so I can try to not make them?[/quote]

im ashamed to admit it but i only recently ( maybe 3 months or so ) got my first liscense. long story short i never needed a car to get around but where i live now its a necessity. that said i passed with 3 points to spare and i would have gotten a higher score if not for the fact i drove too slow and i forgot to signal once and screwed up somewhere else. i lucked out and go to take it early and most of it was done in a parking lot.

she didnt ask me any questions i just went in did as she said and in 10 minutes i had a liscense. one suggestion is whatever car you use to practice on your own time use it on the test. take the test in a vehicle youre comfortable in.

I passed on my first time with 30 points (just enough).
Things my instructor said i had problems with:
Not looking back enough (I think this was bs)
Not turning the blinker on when slightly crossing over a lane because of a double parked car (ill admit to that)
Turning your blinker on too early before you make a turn (WTF?)

Majority of the points came from being "Unaware of surroundings" which til this day made no sense to me. I did the parallel perfectly, but got marked for not "paying attention behind me when pulling out".

[quote name='lokizz']im ashamed to admit it but i only recently ( maybe 3 months or so ) got my first liscense. long story short i never needed a car to get around but where i live now its a necessity. that said i passed with 3 points to spare and i would have gotten a higher score if not for the fact i drove too slow and i forgot to signal once and screwed up somewhere else. i lucked out and go to take it early and most of it was done in a parking lot.

she didnt ask me any questions i just went in did as she said and in 10 minutes i had a liscense. one suggestion is whatever car you use to practice on your own time use it on the test. take the test in a vehicle youre comfortable in.[/QUOTE]Yeah, I'm finally about to get my full license soon, and I'm quite old. I wasn't able to get a license because my parents wouldn't sign the paper work in H.S. (didn't want me driving because of what happened with my older sister), and then I went away to college and was gone for several years (only coming home occasionally). Since I was going to be home this summer, I finally got a permit and I've been working on driving. Unfortunately, I still haven't driven on a highway or busy intersection. There's no doubt I'm extremely nervous about driving on the highway, because of merging onto traffic from an exit (Where I have, the exit designs are really weird and at rush hour, it can be near impossible to merge into traffic). Also, I sometimes fear a semi-truck may hit me on the side because I get very nervous when a semi is besides me (you know, since they are big and close to the car). My car is tiny (I actually have my own car), so I know it would really get crushed.

I need to take the driver's test sometime, but I'm worried. I'm good at regular parking, but have not had much success parallel parking (I gotta do it in my state). I'm really worried I won't be able to pass the test because I struggle with it. Also, I'm worried I'll lose points for a few other things with driving I'm still not too good at (I either take a turn too fast or slow down too much). I'm also known to turn on my signal a tad or late or WAY too early. I just haven't gotten the perfect feel yet when to turn it on. I also have some difficulty judging the length of my car, and whether I'm in the the right lane enough (I sometimes pull over the side too much since I'm trying to stay away from the center lane).

I'm debating if I should go to driving school, but I barely have the time to do it. I really hope I get my driver's license because I really need it after I finish college next year (hopefully). It really sucks that I'm just now learning to drive, but there really wasn't much I could do (I go to a college where I can walk or take a bus most anywhere).

For some reason, I do find driving a bit difficult. Don't ask me why I can be skilled at Physics and hard mathematical problems, but have some issues with driving. Maybe I'll do all right, since I play tons of racing games.

[quote name='KhaosX']I passed on my first time with 30 points (just enough).
Things my instructor said i had problems with:
Not looking back enough (I think this was bs)
Not turning the blinker on when slightly crossing over a lane because of a double parked car (ill admit to that)
Turning your blinker on too early before you make a turn (WTF?)

Majority of the points came from being "Unaware of surroundings" which til this day made no sense to me. I did the parallel perfectly, but got marked for not "paying attention behind me when pulling out".[/quote]actually,yeah,if there are two left turns ahead of you and you blink before the 2 of those turns,the person behind you will think you are going in the first and not the second.Kind of stupid but yeah.The bad thing I did was that I went 16mph in a school zone and crossed the white line where you park.I still passed though.I think if you don't put your seatbelt on,it's an automatic failure.

The Mana Knight : you need to do my Physics homework now!!Help atleast?

Passed my first time. The test was wicked easy. I'm pretty sure the guy just wanted to go on his lunch break or something because I don't see how what I did could qualify as a test. He had me pull out of the parking lot, go around the block, and pull back into the parking lot. That was it. No parking, no backing up, nothing.

[quote name='Rei no Otaku']Passed my first time. The test was wicked easy. I'm pretty sure the guy just wanted to go on his lunch break or something because I don't see how what I did could qualify as a test. He had me pull out of the parking lot, go around the block, and pull back into the parking lot. That was it. No parking, no backing up, nothing.[/QUOTE]Lucky, I hope I get that, but knowing my luck, I'll get the hardest instructor. That's why I'm trying to learn every trick with driving possible, so hopefully I won't lose points (maybe I should look for more driver's manuals or something). I'm probably worrying about this too much. :(
[quote name='snakelda']

The Mana Knight : you need to do my Physics homework now!!Help atleast?[/QUOTE]Lol, I'm a little busy myself with my own work. I use to do others Physics homework, but that's another story. ;)

The first time was in a small town I had been in only a few times before in my life, and a guy ahead of me went strait through a stop sign without stopping and because of that I didn't even look for a stop sign, so I failed.
The second time I passed with flying colors. When I took the eye exam I didn't even pass, but the woman let my try over again and again, so I finally passed and I don't legally have to wear my glasses while driving.

I have yet to take mine yet either but here is my problem I got one more year left in Ohio then going to AZ for college so should I wait n get it there or get it both here and there?

bread's done
Back