Driving just isn't fun anymore.

Scrubking

CAGiversary!
So I decide to get some stuff from Publix and when I get there I find a line of cars parked right in front (where you aren't supposed to park), blocking half of the road so that cars half to alternate to go around. I find a parking spot next to this lady sitting in her truck that is parked half way out of the parking spot and also blocking traffic, but she doesn't seem to care. When I get out the lady in the truck is still there and still doesn't care that she is parked half way out of her parking spot and blocking traffic, and when I pull out she completely blocks my view and hinders me from getting out, but she still doesn't seem to care. Okay, so I'm half way out of the mall parking lot and this lady pulls out in reverse at about 50mph completely oblivious to my being 4 ft away and having the right-of-way. So when she gets out she looks at me for about 15 seconds and I can't help but wonder what she is doing - she already cut me off so why doesn't she just hurry up and go? So I get out to a 2 lane road and need to make a left turn and I happen to be lucky and catch a car coming from my left that needs to make a left turn. There are no stop signs or lights so he stops traffic and waits until he can make his turn. Well apparently the person in the BMW is too rich to wait and pull out onto the dirt and speeds around the car waiting to turn. Fortunately there was a garbage truck next in line and he couldn't do the same. So I finally find an opening and pull out only to find a red truck gaining on me at like 80mph, and just as I suspected he tailgates me all the way to my next turn. I guess the speed limit is too low for him. Just as I am about to make my last turn to my house another car starts tailgating me, in a residential zone, and almost hits me as I slowed to make my turn.

All of this happened just now, and isn't it wonderful?

I can remember the days when I used to want to be out on the road all the time, but now you need a cattle prod to get me to go anywhere. Driving has become a game of dodge the assholes.

/rant

My drive is hald rural half city and both suck. In the city, theres the damn mall traffic (Novi IS freakin a mall) and when i get closer to home threes a chance YOU MIGHT RUN INTO A GOAT.

I prefer the goats

It's obvious you need a nice luxury sports car. My friends little 318is BMW is fun to drive, everytime I get in the car my smile gets wider and wider on my face. Same for my moms XJS jaguar. What you do is you slam on your brakes when they are right behind you. You get a free rear end :) My friend got himself a free rear end, courtesy of a tailgater.

Half of the fun of driving is the car, half is the location, I'd say. For me, it's become approximately 0 fun. The car I drive mostly is a station wagon, and I'm usually driving the major highways of NJ and Long Island. Primarily the Garden State Parkway or the Belt Parkway. If you've ever driven either, you'd know how much of a hell that can be.
Commuting also can decrease the fun of driving a lot.

Still waiting 4 driving to be fun....it's so not like those fucking car commericals....utter and complete bullshit.....Until I can get my car a la Twisted Metal...give those bastards what they really deserve....that'll be the day....

I just back driving from Trenton to Bergen County via Route 1. Driving is fun for me still, just as long as its not on that damn highway. I can't describe the feeling but I get so disgusted driving through Route 1. I believe it was voted the worst roadway in NJ.

I'm telling ya, you guys don't have the right car. You're driving a station wagon for crying out loud... And those cars in the commericials, they're economy cars. You only feel good for the first 50 miles or so.

It doesn't matter what car you are driving when there is bumper to bumper traffic or some asshole cuts you off or blocks traffic.

:roll:

[quote name='Storamin']It's obvious you need a nice luxury sports car. My friends little 318is BMW is fun to drive, everytime I get in the car my smile gets wider and wider on my face. Same for my moms XJS jaguar. What you do is you slam on your brakes when they are right behind you. You get a free rear end :) My friend got himself a free rear end, courtesy of a tailgater.[/quote]

You cant just slam on your brakes. If by chance you were spraying your winshield washer fluid, and see a cat in the road, then slam on your brakes. :) Or, if you have a manual transmission, downshift. You could even pull up the ebrake SLOWLY.

I hate it when rednecks cut me off and wave their middle finder with one hand and a gun with the other. What hand is on the steering wheel?

There is a lot of hostility in todays drivers.

I live in La and i wish there was somewhere i could drive 80 much less 60 during the day. i'm lucky to go 20 miles in an hour on the damn freeway here.

La traffic sucks! I hated it. Then I moved to Ga! Bunch of drunk teethless smeel people who learn how to drive by riding on the tractor! These people can not drive! What I love is the little lady a tad bigger then a frigin midget driving a tank suv talking on a cell who fighting with some on on the phone 9 million kids in the back fighting and throwing toys at mom and trying to put on make up all while driving this said tank in the middle of the frigin road and not paying attention to driving this big ass tank that she would have a hard time driving even if she was paying attention!

[quote name='CaseyRyback']IF you think that they can not drive try Raleigh. A bunch of reject yankees who never have any courtesy for anyone[/quote]

I totally agree.

[quote name='Storamin']It's obvious you need a nice luxury sports car. My friends little 318is BMW is fun to drive, everytime I get in the car my smile gets wider and wider on my face. Same for my moms XJS jaguar. What you do is you slam on your brakes when they are right behind you. You get a free rear end :) My friend got himself a free rear end, courtesy of a tailgater.[/quote]

Well, you are definately showing your age. I'm guessing Under 22. Probably under 18. All I have to say is getting your car screwed up sucks. I was rear ended twice and your car is never like brand new again. Also, the pain of dealing with car repair and driving a crappy rental car is never much fun.

[quote name='BigNick'][quote name='Storamin']It's obvious you need a nice luxury sports car. My friends little 318is BMW is fun to drive, everytime I get in the car my smile gets wider and wider on my face. Same for my moms XJS jaguar. What you do is you slam on your brakes when they are right behind you. You get a free rear end :) My friend got himself a free rear end, courtesy of a tailgater.[/quote]

You cant just slam on your brakes. If by chance you were spraying your winshield washer fluid, and see a cat in the road, then slam on your brakes. :) Or, if you have a manual transmission, downshift. You could even pull up the ebrake SLOWLY.[/quote]

It's fun to turn on your headlights also. Since the tail lights will usually cause them to brake thinking that you are stopping.

[quote name='rjblazed']I live in La and i wish there was somewhere i could drive 80 much less 60 during the day. i'm lucky to go 20 miles in an hour on the damn freeway here.[/quote]

I was just out there. Your 5 and 405 suck so much dick!!!! I was lucky i was only on the 405 till the first exit! I hear that you can go 1 mile in an hour sometimes!

[quote name='Scrubking']It doesn't matter what car you are driving when there is bumper to bumper traffic or some asshole cuts you off or blocks traffic.

:roll:[/quote]

lol miami traffic tell me about it.....can be so frustrating at times

Driving has become more of a chore lately. Except for the occasional need to go driving after playing NFSU. Gee I wonder why....

You know what's funny Scrubking, just by reading your post I KNEW you were in Florida, and after reading your post I saw your location, and sure enough you're in Florida. Miami at that. I'm in Boca Raton, so we have all the old people here, it drives me crazy, I hate driving now. What I hate even more is Miami drivers though. People just have no respect on the road, and/or can't drive.

Old people are the worst. There are plenty of them around here, and they almost always do 20-25 MPH under the speed limit. Some of them are going so slow to begin with...if they slowed down, I could pass them in park.

I used to live in Florida, and just thinking about what it's like there now makes me shudder. Cottonheads is what one radio station used to call them. "They come grazing the interstate at 20 miles an hour..."

[quote name='PsyClerk']Old people are the worst. There are plenty of them around here, and they almost always do 20-25 MPH under the speed limit. Some of them are going so slow to begin with...if they slowed down, I could pass them in park.

I used to live in Florida, and just thinking about what it's like there now makes me shudder. Cottonheads is what one radio station used to call them. "They come grazing the interstate at 20 miles an hour..."[/quote]

Or Q-Tips, cause all you can see is white about the head rest.

bread's done
Back