DropMix Music Gaming System $30 @ Best Buy, Card Packs $3.50 each

TehMuff1nM4n

CAGiversary!
Feedback
18 (100%)
GameStop has these on clearance now for $39.97. BUT with the current 50% off clearance collectables going on now, it drops the price to $19.99. This is IN-STORE only, as the website shows them out of stock @ $50.

This was the magic price for me and I picked one up!

Thanks for the heads up.  The website actually shows the check in store, and shows one quite a bit away from me.

How accurate is their stock check via the website?

Thanks for the heads up. The website actually shows the check in store, and shows one quite a bit away from me.
How accurate is their stock check via the website?
Just saw the website updated pricing to $19.99.

The website has been pretty accurate most of the time in my dealings, but my suggestion is to always call to verify.

EDIT: If you are looking to get one to a more local store, some stores will call another store to have something transferred over. This is very much to the discretion of whomever is working at the time, though.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm about to try and price match at Target
Edit: They won't price match. Not in their Target App

Just saw the website updated pricing to $19.99.

The website has been pretty accurate most of the time in my dealings, but my suggestion is to always call to verify.

EDIT: If you are looking to get one to a more local store, some stores will call another store to have something transferred over. This is very much to the discretion of whomever is working at the time, though.
My wife went to the local store yesterday. The guy *did* call another store, and they're sending one up for me! Was a very helpful employee for sure. Thanks again for the post on it. I'm actually pretty excited to try this when it comes in!

I just got mine in and I'm impressed. Now I want to get all the other ones. I heard there was a Transformer's card, but it seems pricey. Is it worth $15 for the 1 card?

Might be a silly question, but, I've never seen card packs in the store for this.

If I were to buy the "Complete Series 1/2" packs, that includes all of those other playlist packs?

So, for example, I would not have the buy the"Dropmix Playlist Pack Rock (Ouroboros)" if I got the series packs?

I figure that's the case, but wanted to hear from someone who knows before I start buyinse series packs.

Might be a silly question, but, I've never seen card packs in the store for this.

If I were to buy the "Complete Series 1/2" packs, that includes all of those other playlist packs?

So, for example, I would not have the buy the"Dropmix Playlist Pack Rock (Ouroboros)" if I got the series packs?

I figure that's the case, but wanted to hear from someone who knows before I start buyinse series packs.
The Playlist packs are separate from the Series 1/2 Discover packs. So, if you wanted everything, you'd have to buy all of the Playlist packs and all of the Discover packs.

The cards in the Discover series packs are separate from the cards in the Playlist packs. In other words, there are no shared cards among any of the various packs, although there are sometimes repeated songs but with different pieces of that song located in different packs (i.e the guitar part in a Discover pack, the vocals in a Playlist pack, the drums in a different Discover pack, etc.).

The Playlist packs are separate from the Series 1/2 Discover packs. So, if you wanted everything, you'd have to buy all of the Playlist packs and all of the Discover packs.

The cards in the Discover series packs are separate from the cards in the Playlist packs. In other words, there are no shared cards among any of the various packs, although there are sometimes repeated songs but with different pieces of that song located in different packs (i.e the guitar part in a Discover pack, the vocals in a Playlist pack, the drums in a different Discover pack, etc.).
Damn. Thanks for the help!

I'm about to try and price match at Target
Edit: They won't price match. Not in their Target App
You just have to find the right people to do it. Some are sticklers with the app on their handheld, especially in electronics. I was able to get one for my household and one for the in laws at 2 separate stores by taking them up to Customer Service about 10 minutes after store opening with no problem.

My nephew and I played this quite a bit this weekend.  Really enjoyed it.

I already want more cards though!

The small amount of vocal cards with the starter deck is brutal.  Unless you like hearing "call me maybe" over and over.

EDIT:  Just a little ProTip, these cards still function while in clear Ultra Pro card sleeves

The small amount of vocal cards with the starter deck is brutal. Unless you like hearing "call me baby" over and over.

EDIT: Just a little ProTip, these cards still function while in clear Ultra Pro card sleeves
I was thinking of putting mine in the Ultra Pro sleeves, but also wondered if they would work in the top loaders. I will try when I get home.

I was thinking of putting mine in the Ultra Pro sleeves, but also wondered if they would work in the top loaders. I will try when I get home.
They would probably work in top loaders, but there's a lot of shuffling involved, so I wouldn't really recommend using those.

Thanks.  I snagged the last Series 3, and grabbed Series 4 while I was at it.  (Not that I needed to spend money...)

Bummed I saw this late and ordered 3 and 4 from Hasbro directly. Cost me $10 more total.

I have pumped a decent chunk of change in to this after getting the $30 board and I'm concerned with this statement on the Hasbro site: "App available through December 31, 2019." What happens after that? If you still have the app on a device will it still function or will it be dead in the water?

Harmonix says this:

"12/31/19 is just the minimum for app support, but is not necessarily a maximum. We have no plans to make the app unavailable at this time. If you have any questions regarding DropMix, always feel free to reach out to Hasbro consumer care."

bread's done
Back