Drums for Rockband/Guitar Hero (360)

crystalklear64

CAGiversary!
Feedback
7 (100%)
Bass pedal exploded. Green requires being hit with the fist of an angry god to register. Its time to replace my original rockband drum set.

Cheapest I've found is 40$ but I'm pretty sure I got this set for 20$ so thats hard to swallow.

Also interested in getting Rockband 3 since I haven't been able to find it in stores anywhere so if theres a nice bundle that includes some drums and the game or something I could live with that.

Thanks.

Unfortunately there is no drum bundle with RB3 and I'm guessing that $130 (MSRP) will give you a heart attack.

I was in this same situation last year and unfortunately never found a deal. I ended up buying the Beatles Rockband Special edition from Amazon (drums, guitar, game, mic) even though all I needed was the drums because it was $80 total and that was BY FAR the best price I could find on the drums. A quick look to Amazon shows that it is no longer that price.

A quick look to Gamestop, amazon, Newegg, and Bing shopping confirms that you are in the same position that I was. Drums are too fucking expensive.

I guess the reason why I'm posting this is to say that last year, after literally 3+ months of patiently waiting I ended up having to jump at that Beatles deal for $80 and I thought it was GRAND to get the set for $80. If you have found a set that you feel comfortable buying for $40 I would jump on it like there's no tomorrow.

Walmart had them for $10 like a year and a half ago, I needed a pedal and buying a new set was cheaper for me, then I got the Beatles bundle on clearance for like $40 or $50 and got a third set of drums that I've never even used. I've never even used the second set because I had a perfectly good first set that just needed the kick pedal, so bottom line is that I have three sets two of which have mostly never been used. At this point they're not even making new instruments, so you'll have to find a place that still has stock or buy them used. I imagine that GameStop might even just sell the drums used, they used to have a crap ton of guitars, have you looked in a store? I would start there, then venture into Walmart, Kmart, or other low rent store that doesn't turn over merchandise every two weeks, a la Target.

would be kinda sketchy buying used instruments. the drums i found are the original rb drums and those are the ones i have. I don't want to get those again since the pedal is such a piece of shit : /

I haven't tried checking in the actual stores yet so I'll go ahead and do that.

As for RB3, the 130$ is eeeeek, but it would be nice to have the cheapy midi keyboard for my own music, it'd be quicker than placing notes by hand so that'd factor into the cost some. but 130 is still eeeek.

thanks guys.

Mad Catz is the new publisher of Rock Band 3, and they're going to start selling it bundled with their instruments later this year. You'll probably be able to get a drum bundle with the game then.

[quote name='mkelehan']Mad Catz is the new publisher of Rock Band 3, and they're going to start selling it bundled with their instruments later this year. You'll probably be able to get a drum bundle with the game then.[/QUOTE]

No you won't, there is no drum bundle.

[quote name='victimsofadown']No you won't, there is no drum bundle.[/QUOTE]

Looking at the press release, you're right; no mention of the drums. Maybe they'll rerelease the drums themselves, then.

So the drums are getting rare? WHo would've thought?

Are you looking for the Rock Band 1 or 2 drums?

I can't help you with drums, but I can help you with the cymbals. I'm trying to get rid of them. PM me if you're interested in the cymbals. I won't give them away, but I'll give you a deal.

What system are you looking at for the drums?

bread's done
Back