DS Baseball game

schuerm26

CAGiversary!
Feedback
122 (99%)
anyone know of any plans for a baseball DS game? I can't help but think of how cool it would be using the stylus to swing the bat and pitch. I looked on Gamespot but didn't see anything. Anyone heard about anything?

a licensed game would be nice. but more realistically, id like mario baseball. just as long as they keep the stylus garbage out and make it a straight game.

There's a couple Power Pro Kun baseball games in Japan.

I'm not really into the series, but from what I hear from those who ARE... they're really really good.

The next closest thing is Wiffle Ball Advance DS that's coming out as a budget title in December.

Here's the info I went by with regards to the new Power Pro game:

http://japanesebaseball.com/forum/forum.jsp?forum=86

The thread for the newest DS game is:

http://japanesebaseball.com/forum/thread.jsp?forum=86&thread=25479

The knock against Power Pro games has always been that you don't need Japanese to play, but to get the true nitty gritty of it you do.

The plus side is that if you take only the slightest effort into learning Japanese (the games are usually Katakana), then all of your terms and what not are phoenitically the same. So it's really not bad.

pro_kun_shots.jpg

The newest one also has online play.

Probably not the answer you're looking for, but.... they're a very popular series of games for a reason: because they're good.

I definately want a baseball game for the DS too! I always keep Baseball Advance from Sega in the GBA slot of my DS. It's like a 8/16 bit baseball game, so it's time for an upgrade. I understand that sports games generally dont sell good for Nintendo portables, but I enjoyed a lot of sports games on my Game Gear around 15 years ago. There was a basketball game on there that I wish I could play on the DS.

[quote name='mini.boss']a licensed game would be nice. but more realistically, id like mario baseball. just as long as they keep the stylus garbage out and make it a straight game.[/quote]

How can you not want it to use the stylus?

You could litterally make sort of a 3/4 circle to swing the bat. With changeups and curveballs screwing up your timing it would be great. Screw the mario baseball nonsense though, i would love to see a realistic baseball sim.

Whatever happened to that realistic baseball game that was supposed to be out on Gamecube?

I would SOOOOOOOOO buy Mario Baseball for the DS!!!!

I love baseball, but don't like the tedium of managing teams--something more just plain fun and portable to boot would ROCK.

And while I'm not sure I want ALL of the play to be stylus based, the stylus does seem a fairnly logical fit here.

bread's done
Back