DS Browser coming to US in December??

why would you think it's not happening? The UK version even has an US region option so it's obviously meant for the US as well. I don't know much about digg.com but cnet is a respectable site.

It'll come out, and I'd think they'd want to get it out before the holidays. Probably not in huge numbers though since I don't think it'll be very popular.

Both of those articles are old. I hope it comes out in December but it's strange that there's been nothing new said about it since the Japanese release.

I've been meaning to post about it, anyone know/read about how the browser works? I know when it came out, people that had imported it complained that it was really slow. The theory was that this may have been because of it being the Japanese release and being used in the U.S. Any reviews from people in Japan using it? I'm hoping this will be decent.

I heard someone on a different forum say it was faster than Opera mobile for smartphones and PDAs but slower than browsing from the PC.

I think it will sell pretty well in the US. There's a lot of interest from what I've seen. Why would so many people be importing DS browser if there wasn't a lot of interest? There's a lot of games released only in Japan that don't get imported much.

I'm interested in it... but 50+ for a browser? no thanks. =/
If it does release in the US they'll need to give it much more sane price

[quote name='looploop']I'm interested in it... but 50+ for a browser? no thanks. =/
If it does release in the US they'll need to give it much more sane price[/QUOTE]

It was $32 in Japan (after currency conversion). Importing games make them cost more.

I bet it will be $35 for us when/if it is released here.

yeah, it'll be priced at something reasonable, but it won't get here before the new year. we would have heard about it by now if it were coming out anytime soon.

I'll buy it for $35 or $40, if and only if they fixed the slow problem loading pages. Somehow I doubt it, though. Although it *would* be mighty convenient to be able to surf on the DS!

[quote name='keithp']I'll buy it for $35 or $40, if and only if they fixed the slow problem loading pages. Somehow I doubt it, though. Although it *would* be mighty convenient to be able to surf on the DS![/quote]

Add flash and i'd pay 40. Only way though.

bread's done
Back