DS Demos?

myxyplik

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
I thought I remembered hearing that Nintendo would offer free DS demos with its wifi service. I couldn't find anything on their website and googling didn't come up with much of anything. I also thought I heard demos would be available thru Revolution (which I'm leaning toward getting anyway). Anyone know something?:?:

i can't recall them ever saying that they'd offer demos from the beginning, when it's just a DS service... but they did mention demos being downloadable to the revolution, which can then be transferred to the DS. so i still think there's another year or so until anything like that happens.

cause right now, the online interface is within the wi-fi enabled games. there isn't a central hub to connect to, and therefore no place to get demos from. and there probably won't be until the revolution comes out.

[quote name='Requiem']I hope so, but there isn't much room in the DS RAM to hold a decent demo.[/QUOTE]

What are you talking about? Many games have either single card two player, demo sharing or both already! Both of those options rely on the memory.

I recall hearing about that as well, I think we'll see more once NintendoWiFi gets going. We'll most likely see the first couple demos hit their site come xmas.

"What are you talking about? Many games have either single card two player, demo sharing or both already! Both of those options rely on the memory."

I had that in mind, but for some reason, I think multiplayer works differently and requires less ram. Of all the multi-single cart games I've played, the other DS that is downloading and "piggybacking" only downloads a simple level or stage.

When I think of demo, I think of something considerably larger....with a few good levels in it. And thats why I think a full demo, like Metroid Prime Hunters, would only fit on a cartridge and not be downloadable. Hey, I could be wrong though.

bread's done
Back