DS Fat hinge broke :(

ITDEFX

CAGiversary!
Feedback
13 (100%)
So I was playing some Castlevania:poR and decided to take a break. As soon as I closed the top screen i heard a small *crack/snap*.. Immediatly I took off the protective case I had for it and noticed the hinge was cracked :( Now I have heard this problem happening with the lite and Nintendo fixing it for free, but do you guys know if they will fix the fat with the hinge problem? I bought it in Feb during the Sam Goody close out sales so I think I am still under warrenty. Suggestions?

thanks

[quote name='ITDEFX']So I was playing some Castlevania:poR and decided to take a break. As soon as I closed the top screen i heard a small *crack/snap*.. Immediatly I took off the protective case I had for it and noticed the hinge was cracked :( Now I have heard this problem happening with the lite and Nintendo fixing it for free, but do you guys know if they will fix the fat with the hinge problem? I bought it in Feb during the Sam Goody close out sales so I think I am still under warrenty. Suggestions?

thanks[/QUOTE]

Should still be under warranty. I believe it's a year. Give them a call tomorrow.

[quote name='spooie_redux']Should still be under warranty. I believe it's a year. Give them a call tomorrow.[/QUOTE]

gave them a call, seems people are having Wii problems so I can't get a rep :(

Anyways I filled out the form for the repair service. It said phsyical damage is not covered. Ok.......yet it was the hinge that broke, which is a Lite problem that Nintendo was fixing in the first place for free. I should still be able to get this fixed for free anyways right?

You can always order another shell (different colors) off of eBay, but you'll need some fancy tools to put it back on. There should be a repair service in your area that can do it.

[quote name='6669']You can always order another shell (different colors) off of eBay, but you'll need some fancy tools to put it back on. There should be a repair service in your area that can do it.[/QUOTE]

sorry but the only thing I take apart is my computer, anything smaller I tend to screw up lol.

I think there was a production error that mad tiny cracks appear in the hinge of the ds lite. Maybe this was the reason it cracked. It should be covered by warranty. Don't give up;)

ok i got the prepaid UPS sticker from Nintendo and invoice saying no charge for the hinge crack. I will ship it out on Monday. Now what if they either send me a brand new ds fat OR a ds lite, how will this affect my DS wifi adapter I bought for it last year so I can link up to the internet? I think i remembered somewhere that the official wifi adapter binds itself to your DS. If my ds is replaced with another, will it still accept the wi fi connection? I don't have wireless internet at home so I need to use the official adapter.

Yeah, it will still work. You'll just have to reconfigure everything again if you didn't ask Nintendo to transfer your settings to another DS.

bread's done
Back