DS Game Deals: Hotel Dusk, Phoenix Wright 2, and more

Sockey

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
I haven't played my DS in a while (distracted by new console releases etc). As a result I have missed out on a lot of quality DS games.

In a few days I will be going on vacation and will have a lot of time to play my DS. I was hoping my fellow CAGs could point out some good deals on the games I have missed out on.

Off the top of my head, some DS games I am interested in are:
Hotel Dusk
Phoenix Wright 2
Elite Beat Agents
Mario & Luigi: Partners in Time

If anyone has a recommendation on a deal of a game not on that list please mention it.

Thanks in advance for the help.

The best I have found Phoenix Wright And Justice for All for was $19.99, but that seems to be the standard price everywhere. Got it for that at Best Buy last night.

I too am still looking for good deals on Hotel Dusk and Elite Beat Agents.

I saw in the Deals section that Phoenix Wright 2 is $15.00 at Game Crazy. What are the chances of them still having it in stock. Is their a list of all the games on sale there?

Thanks

I am going to go and try to get Phoenix Wright 2 at Gamecrazy in a couple of hours. Are there any other good DS games on sale there?

I called my local Game Crazies and they both are selling Phoenix Wright for $19.99. Is it YMMV?

[quote name='linkpwns']I have EBA if you are interested PM me[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the offer, but I am leaving tomorrow. Any other in-store deals on these DS games?

I've also seen Mario & Luigi for $20 at Sears. To get the rest of the games at a quick discount, you could try using the $5-off BB coupons. They're expired, but still scan and work. Not huge savings, but you could potentially get all your games at 1 store and in time for your trip. Good luck and enjoy your vacation.

Ok, so I got some DS games on sale. Anyway, I have still got a DS phat and while playing it there seems to be a really big glare. Ive been planning on getting a DS Lite soon, is its backlight powerful enough to eliminate this glare? If so I might go ahead and get one.

I never have any glare while playing my DS Lite on the default setting. But even if that's still not good enough, you change it to DEATH (seriously, the highest setting is way too bright) mode and that should definitely eliminate any glare problems.

[quote name='Rockgamer']I never have any glare while playing my DS Lite on the default setting. But even if that's still not good enough, you change it to DEATH (seriously, the highest setting is way too bright) mode and that should definitely eliminate any glare problems.[/QUOTE]

Awesome, Thanks. Any recommendations as to black or white (leaning towards black). Also, any good/necessary accessories? Screen protector?

[quote name='Sockey']Awesome, Thanks. Any recommendations as to black or white (leaning towards black). Also, any good/necessary accessories? Screen protector?[/quote]

This could go either way depending on who you ask. I've always been in the black camp. Basically, the main disadvantage for the black one is that fingerprints show up on it easily, while the main disadvantage for the white one is that it gets discolored over time. It's a no brainer if you ask me (you can always wipe off fingerprints, but you can't get rid of discoloration), so if you have no color preference, definitely go with black.

As for accessories, I don't really find any to be absolutely necessary, but the ones most people seem to like are screen protectors, a bigger/longer stylus, and a headset mic if you're getting any games with voice chat.

Well I went ahead and got a white DS Lite (they didn't have black). Im very happy with it so far. The glare that I was talking about is now gone. Ive been sort of afraid of playing stylus games until I can get some screen protectors (I've mainly been playing Phoenix Wright 2 without the stylus).

bread's done
Back