DS game not working

Weedy649

CAGiversary!
Feedback
27 (100%)
Last night i was playing Age of Empires for DS(great game btw) when i got really tired. I decided to save and quit so i can go to bed. It seemed like the saving finished or the game froze so i turned it off.

I go to turn it on this morning and only a black screen shows up. Did i fuck up my game? I know you can fuck up a save if you turn off the game before its done, but for DS does this mean the cart is done for?

Any help will be appreciated

[quote name='keithp']Sounds like it. Wasn't the problem if your save file was more than 4 characters long or something? Was yours?[/QUOTE]

huh? ive never heard of this. Is it something AoE specific?

[quote name='geigerm']Yeah, it's an AoE-specific problem; here's the link to the last time this came up on CAG (I think), which in turn has a link to the Majesco forums:

http://cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=99063

Sounds like your cartridge is pretty well screwed, though.[/QUOTE]

Thanks didnt realize it was a game bug and not system. My name was Jrx(3 long), but it was save and quit that did it to me.

I dont know how to feel lol, im mad because a game i bought corrupted while using normal features. Im sad because i just beat the tutorial compaign mode and was having alot of fun with this game and confused as to what ill do about it.

At least i know what happend though, thanks again

Yeah, it happened to me too. Any name 3 letters or less and save&quit will destroy the cartridge, basically. Nice game testing, Majesco!

[quote name='banpeikun']if you could wipe the save file, would that salvage your cart?[/QUOTE]

Possibly, but there is no way to do that. The screen just goes black as soon as you pick AoE from the DS start up menu.

I bought this for $20 near release used at gamestop but theres no way ill find a reciept that old.

[quote name='banpeikun']Can I have your bricked game?[/QUOTE]

sorry keeping it, ill take it up with majesco when i get around to it

[quote name='Weedy649']sorry keeping it, ill take it up with majesco when i get around to it[/quote]REIN DS is able to backup and restore (as well as delete) save files off your cart. If you want, I could try doing that for you and see if it fixes your game.

bread's done
Back