eldergamer

CAGiversary!
When at Best Buy today they had 4 DS games for $9.99
They were
Mr. Driller - Drill Spirits
Dig Dug - Digging Strike
Pac Man World 3
and one other, I forget.

I picked up the Dig Dug one. Should've I gotten the Pac Man World 3 too? I like platformers.

They were together in a separate box below the main shelf.

[quote name='toneroni']they had some crappy ps2 games for 4.99 and b1g1 on ps2/GC greatest hits titles too.[/quote]
Would have picked all those up for the Gamestop trade 3 get $10. I'm guessing this is pretty high in the ymmv meter.

EDIT: Thought you meant B1G1 on the 4.99 games. Woops.

Might be, but then again it took my BB a week to update the price of Sonic for the DS.

Dig Dug is pretty good (besides not supporting single-cart multiplayer), but I read a bad review of Pac-Man World 3 a while back. It could be worth it for 10. Anyone have it?

[quote name='eastx']Dig Dug is pretty good (besides not supporting single-cart multiplayer), but I read a bad review of Pac-Man World 3 a while back. It could be worth it for 10. Anyone have it?[/QUOTE]

Dig Dug & Mr. Driller are pretty good... Pac Man 3 is a nightmare - avoid.

My Best Buy had these games on the cheap too. They weren't in the normal DS section. They were near the registers next to the magazines, gift cards, and other impulse items. That may be why some of you can't find them. I only noticed because I was hunting for GGCs.

[quote name='mcgavin27']Is the prince of persia game worth the $9.99?[/QUOTE]

Absolutely! It is *NOT* an action game! My review is here.

It is a pretty solid turn-based strategy game - won't make you forget Advance Wars, but certainly better than Field Commander on the PSP. It is card based, just so you know.

Mike

I picked up POP Battles about a month ago and it is really cool. Kinda easy but really cool and different from all the other games. To bad my dslite has to be fixed again...

Driller and Dig Dug are great games, other than Namco deciding you have to have multiple carts for multiplayer. Boo!

these best buy deals are YMMV most of the time. Battalion Wars was going for 6 bucks the other week at Norwalk CT BestBuy for me and I posted it and caused a huge commotion. too bad it sold out quickly before I could get a copy for CAGs here...

i'm picking up DOA4 today using my GGC, I may go check the DS games prices out as well

ive seen the B1g1 free on GH games at 2 NY bestbuys already but its still probably YMMV and they might just be clearing out stock to make room.

I saw all 4 games for $9.99. The 4th game the OP wasn't sure about is "Real Time Conflict Shogun Empires". I picked up Drill Spirits. :)

[quote name='toneroni']ive seen the B1g1 free on GH games at 2 NY bestbuys already but its still probably YMMV and they might just be clearing out stock to make room.[/quote]

the manhattan bestbuys? which one? is the one on 23rd st./6th ave part of this?

[quote name='diablofreak']the manhattan bestbuys? which one? is the one on 23rd st./6th ave part of this?[/quote]
oops forgot to write locationsaw it at 86th and Lex, not too many games left. They seem to have restocked on some though and added more games (with GH packaging only on the shrinkwrap). Also saw it at the Best Buy near Roosevelt Field in Long Island.

I bought the P.O.P game for 9.99..I didnt do a look up on this game and didnt like the gameplay at all. I sold it on ebay for like 15 bucks or something.

I bought Dig Dug for full price, and really didn't like it. Too frustrating too quickly. In theory it was a solid way to expand the Dig Dug gameplay though.

I also found Pac 'N Roll in the 9.99 DS Games along with the others that were mentioned at the Ocoee FL Best Buy. They also had some PSP and PS2 games for 9.99 in a similar display. The only ones that I can remember are Kill Switch for the PS2 and a Poker and 2 different Pool games for the PSP. They also had a 4.99 display that consisted of Bad Boys 2, Choro Q, and Puzzle Challenge: Crosswords And More for the PS2.

These have been 9.99 for awhile and reported previously. Only new thing is maybe B1G1, but that sounds more YMMV than anything.

[quote name='quercus']I thought I saw Feel the Magic DS for $9.99 at BestBuy over the weekend. But maybe I was seeing things.[/QUOTE]
You weren't, my Best Buy had several copies of Feel the Magic for $9.99 as well. I picked it up (after deciding against Battles of Prince of Persia), though I still haven't gotten around to trying it out.

mine didnt have any of those games but had feel the magic (1 copy) for 9.99 and dynasty wearriors for the gba for 9.99 oh and viewtiful joe red hut rumble gc for 9.99 but ive been told to stay far away from that game.,

Viewtiful Joe: Red Hot Rumble is a cool little game. I got it at TRU months ago for $15 (since BB didn't have it) and was planning to play it just to see if I'd like it. If I didn't, I'd trade it in. I'm not the type who likes Smash Bros. that much since you can't use the D-pad, plus it's not that fun. Not really a fighting game fan, unless its beat'em ups.

When you first start out, if you're playing multi-player, it sorta sucks cause your characters are so tiny. But after playing 1-player and getting the hang of what you're supposed to be doing and learning the character moves, it's a cool game. The extras are cool, as well as the ending. :)

If you play this game, be sure you've beaten part 1/2, lots of spoilers. I had yet to even beat part 2 (or the first boss) at the time, so when reading a character bio, was spoiled. hint hint Jet Black. But I recently beat VJ 2, it sucks there's no secret characters you can open up. I went through Ultra V-rated mode just to find out you don't get a new character.

Eugh, how could you tolerate VJ2's Ultra V-Rated mode? The new VJ2 enemies are ridiculously badly balanced compared to VJ1.

Also, how could you be spoiled regarding VJ2? It:

USED THE SAME DAMN PLOT POINT FROM VJ1! :p

As a counter-point, VJ:RHR is a blast the first few hours you play it, but after a point it gets REAL old and just sorta dies. Great soundtrack though.

Yes, it gets old after you get everything. The last thing you open up just sucks. Pissed me off that it was that. :) I haven't played it since I opened everything up. I still have to go back and view all the character art for the Gedow villians. Not sure if it shows anything from the DS version, as I haven't started that yet.

Oh, on ultra v-rated, I would mainly use red hot kick while zoomed in on the black ninjas and zoomed in punches. That one 3 switches puzzle on 7-1, I think, was the hardest thing in the whole damn game about.

And VJ 2's story. Yeah, ditto. Who would've thought they do that? I certainly didn't. :( That's why, even though I was spoilt, it didn't make me angry or anything. At the time I hadn't beat the first boss on VJ2, so I hadn't seen a certain person yet in the cut-scene. First time I saw it was in Red Hot Rumble. That's all. Back to topic. :)

While picking up a copy of Pokemon FireRed tonight, I noticed a cardboard shelf in the checkout area, sporting a few perhaps less-awesome third party titles. Still, they're $9.99, and if you've been wanting them, this is a good price.

:ds:

Dig Dug: Digging Strike
Shogun Empires
Pac Man World
Pac-n-Roll
Mr. Driller: Drill Spirits

And although it wasn't there in that particular area, Battles of Prince of Persia is still $9.99. It's offered online. The before-mentioned titles don't show up online anymore.

How is Battles of Prince of Persia? I still need to play the rest of the games in the series, but I do love strategy/turn-based style games.

I concur with Shogun: Empires. I was at Bestbuy in Emeryville and I saw this game by the checkout line (where the magazines and candy is located). Still....I remembered Gamespot giving this a lousy review so I didn't bite.

already got Pac N Roll since June.

i'm thinking of getting PacMan World 3. unfortunately, i can't seem to find one around here in San Jose or in any Best Buy.

[quote name='whoknows']I saw DDR E2 bundle for PS2 at 50% off making it $29.99 last time I was there...is that a good deal for it?[/quote]

It's on clearance at GameCrazy and CC for $16.00, but it's near impossible finding one.

I'd buy it at $30.00, that is usually how much the game alone costs.

[quote name='Xevious']I concur with Shogun: Empires. I was at Bestbuy in Emeryville and I saw this game by the checkout line (where the magazines and candy is located). Still....I remembered Gamespot giving this a lousy review so I didn't bite.[/QUOTE]

good because i did and boy was it terrible. the AI sucks and the stragety is like myth for the pc but shittier.

[quote name='yukine']It's on clearance at GameCrazy and CC for $16.00, but it's near impossible finding one.

I'd buy it at $30.00, that is usually how much the game alone costs.[/QUOTE]
I checked CC as soon as they were clearanced, but it looks like employees bought them all, or all of them were pulled. No gamecrazy around me either.

they had some 9.99 PSP games too. Only ones that I can remember are Hustle and the Pinball Collection.

bread's done
Back