DS games to preoccupy time.

GILiveRadio

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
I'm taking a mini business trip to Chicago and wanted to get some gaming in since I usually don't have the time. I'll be taking my trusty DS Lite and was wondering what games I should take with me. You know, games I don't mind putting down from time to time to get some work done. Any recommendations will be greatly appreciated.:D:ds:

what games are you into?
my favorite ds games are... (and i'm sure i'm forgetting a TON)

lost magic
Lost in blue series
zelda games
phoenix wright games
new super mario bros
trauma center series
advance wars games
fire emblem games
touch detective
trace memory
contra
castlevania games

Elite Beat Agents is way too good, and pretty cheap now. If you like puzzles, grab a Professor Layton game.

Thanks guys. I'm not too heavy into the DS which is why I ask what will proccupy my time better. If possible, I'm looking for something"light" meaning something I can pick up for 10-15 min and put back down when I need to go into a meeting or presentation. Also maybe a game or two to occupy the 3-4 hour flight.

For the flight, you can't go wrong with an RPG like Devil Survivor or Pokemon.
For short bursts, platformers like Mario and Castlevania, puzzlers like Tetris or Puzzle League or Picross would be great.

[quote name='detectiveconan16']For the flight, you can't go wrong with an RPG like Devil Survivor or Pokemon.
For short bursts, platformers like Mario and Castlevania, puzzlers like Tetris or Puzzle League or Picross would be great.[/QUOTE]

dont really want to start RPG unless you can put 10 to 40 hours into them since you will forget where you was if you dont play it for a few weeks ..

Devil surivor 2 is very good but expect at least a 30 hour playthough first time and more to see it all

played it 4 times to get 80% all

first time 30 hours
second time 42 hours
thrid time 50 hours
4th time 56 hours

you can see the time fall each time since your levels carry over (no grinding needed in 2+ playthough)

For something "light" definitely Picross 3D. Check it out. I highly recommend it. One of the best "puzzle" games I've played so far.
For something that would occupy you for hours I'd say one of the many great RPGs for the DS. For turn based: Pokemon, Dragon Quest or maybe a SNES classic like Final Fantasy IV or Chrono Trigger. For non-turn based: Zelda, The World Ends With You, or Tales of Innocence if possible (Japanese only).
If you haven't played the original Golden Sun for GBA than I suggest you do - one of the best handheld RPGs I've ever played.

Thanks a million guys! Picked up super Mario 64 ds, spirit tracks, room 214 (not sure thats the name but the wife recommended it....she says hi...) and Phoenix write.Also dug out my old Pokemon puzzle league challenge for gba. These should keep me occupied for the time being. Again thanks guys! Flight leaves tomorrow afternoon!

[quote name='AZR43L']For something "light" definitely Picross 3D. Check it out. I highly recommend it. One of the best "puzzle" games I've played so far.[/QUOTE]

Came in here to post this.

Seriously, it's the only game you would need for the trip.

Mario 64
NewSuper mario bros

for extended parts or even when you only have 15 minutes to go work on a star / level

Mario Kart - for 15 mins burst

bread's done
Back