DS Holiday Gift Pack at Walmart/BEST BUY $19.99 INCLUDES GAME

m3talst0rm

CAGiversary!
Feedback
10 (100%)
Hope this isn't a repost, but I was at walmart last night and seen some cool deals.

The lawn and garden section had been converted to holiday goods and they had a video game section. There was a "nintendo island" a "sony island" and a "xbox island." Each had a system set up to play.

Anyway, on "nintendo island" there were ds holiday packs for sale @ $19.99 a piece. Included were a ds game, a protective "sock" POUCH for the ds, and a three pack of styli.

The packs I saw included these games:

Elite Beat Agents
Polarium
Starfox
and
Monopoly / Boggle / Yahtzee / Battleship

[SIZE=-1]Battleship / Connect Four / Sorry / Trouble

EDIT: SORRY I Put the wrong battleship game here.

[/SIZE][SIZE=-1] This may be ymmv, but I don't think it is. Just to be clear, however, each pack included ONE game from above and the extra [/SIZE]sock[SIZE=-1] POUCH and styli. I thought it was a bargain seeing how you cant find the [/SIZE][SIZE=-1]Monopoly / Boggle / Yahtzee / Battleship pack, and in the same store at electronics starfox alone was $29.99.

Hope this helps someone out.

EDIT 2: Seen at BEST BUY. Not Walmart exclusive. Any BB coupons to make this deal sweeter? (Thanks goes to Atomsplitter)
[/SIZE]

Well, I seem to be the only one interested in this so far (or possibly just the only one awake) but I'm definitely gonna see if I can hunt one of those down.

Might want to add "includes game" to the end of the title to draw some more eyes. I almost passed by the thread thinking it was just a silly accessory bundle.

[quote name='m3talst0rm']Hope this isn't a repost, but I was at walmart last night and seen some cool deals.

The lawn and garden section had been converted to holiday goods and they had a video game section. There was a "nintendo island" a "sony island" and a "xbox island." Each had a system set up to play.

Anyway, on "nintendo island" there were ds holiday packs for sale @ $19.99 a piece. Included were a ds game, a protective "sock" for the ds, and a three pack of styli.

The packs I saw included these games:

Elite Beat Agents
Polarium
Starfox
and
[SIZE=-1]Monopoly / Boggle / Yahtzee / Battleship

This may be ymmv, but I don't think it is. Just to be clear, however, each pack included ONE game from above and the extra sock and styli. I thought it was a bargain seeing how you cant find the [/SIZE][SIZE=-1]Monopoly / Boggle / Yahtzee / Battleship pack, and in the same store at electronics starfox alone was $29.99.

Hope this helps someone out.
[/SIZE][/QUOTE]

isnt monopoly out of print ?? sure it wasnt the sorry, connect 4 4 pack that just came out

[quote name='slidecage']isnt monopoly out of print ?? sure it wasnt the sorry, connect 4 4 pack that just came out[/quote]

you're right...sorry about the confusion.

[quote name='m3talst0rm']you're right...sorry about the confusion.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I rushed out to Wal-Mart this morning hoping that the stores had some old backstock they were putting out for Christmas...imagine my disapointment.

[quote name='Cmosfm']Yeah, I rushed out to Wal-Mart this morning hoping that the stores had some old backstock they were putting out for Christmas...imagine my disapointment.[/quote]
Did you actually find some of the others though?

I went to my usual Walmart and didn't see anythig at all. I might try the "ghetto" store tomorrow. I really want to pick up a few for gifts.

Cool. Might grab one of these as a present to me.

Would anyone recommend Starfox or Battleship? I've already got EBA and Polarium.

my 2 cents, I thought Starfox was pretty awful. I didn't like the RTS aspects of it, and it didn't really feel enough like an old school SNES Starfox game.

[quote name='Atomsplitter']I just saw these at a Best Buy, so it's likely not WM exclusive.

And i'd say that Starfox is worth it, I enjoyed it.[/quote]

Same games? Or were there any additional titles?

Best Buy has a similar deal but with a pouch instead of a sock for $30. I highly recommend Starfox to anyone that doesn't have it yet.

I would have picked up the Starfox set at Best Buy, but I want the case that's all black (which only came with the battleship game)

[quote name='emceelokey']Best Buy has a similar deal but with a pouch instead of a sock for $30. I highly recommend Starfox to anyone that doesn't have it yet.[/quote]
I went to the Best Buy next to Walmart (Porter Ranch, CA) when I went lookingfor it earlier. I didn't see anything there either.

I'd rather have the case than the "sock" but I don't know that it's worth the $10 difference since that's about what most case go for anyway. It'd probably be worth $5 more if there was an active $5 off Gamepro coupon for Best Buy.

[quote name='avatar94']I went to the Best Buy next to Walmart (Porter Ranch, CA) when I went lookingfor it earlier. I didn't see anything there either.

I'd rather have the case than the "sock" but I don't know that it's worth the $10 difference since that's about what most case go for anyway. It'd probably be worth $5 more if there was an active $5 off Gamepro coupon for Best Buy.[/quote]

I guess "pouch" describes the item I seen better than "sock." The walmart I went to had it in the garden section. The said items were in a flat cardboard box showing the game, pouch, and styli.

I didn't pay close enough attention to emceelokey's post. I went to Best Buy expecting to pay $20 and it came up at $30. I'll head over to Walmart tomorrow instead.

I saw the Starfox one only at my BB the other day... took one to the register, and it rang up as $30. I declined. D'oh. Didn't see them in the last WM I visited.

[quote name='kaniball']anyone know if these bundles are still available? need to get my cousin elite beat for xmas[/quote]

Yes, I just saw a bunch at my Walmart this afternoon.

I saw these and also some similar GBA packs with board game conversions (Candy Land, etc) on the same shelf

Seems like a good deal for $20

bread's done
Back