DS Launch = Huge disappointment

?

Anyone agree with me here? I mean come on... only five games, which only one is good. Yet at the GBA launch there were many good games. I'm quite disappointed... Maybe I'll wait for PSP and see what Sonys got.

DS = Awesome.
DS Launch Games = Ghey (Exception = Mario 64)
DS only backwards compatible with GBA (no GBC OR GB) = Ghey

Holding a complete Playstation-equivalent console in your hands = OMFG

Most launches are terrible. I remember people really complaining about the PS2 launch and the time right after where nothing that good came out. Unfortunately, it takes a little while for systems to get going, but in the case of the DS, at least it plays GBA games.

Yeah, this launch is pretty dissapointing. I freaking LOVED the GBA launch. I bought it the day it came out and got four games with it: Castlevania, Tony Hawk 2, F-Zero, and Chu Chu Rocket (the only one I still play today).

Maybe slightly disappointing, but it was important to get the system in the shops before Christmas, which they've done, and there will be at least another half a dozen games released by then, so there will be around a dozen games available for Christmas, which is pretty decent really, and plenty to choose from for those that have a DS.

[quote name='Nirvanaguy777']remember the GC launch titles, talk about pathetic[/quote]

Whaddya mean pathetic???? You obvously don't understand the subtle nuances in games like Luigi's Mansion with their near infinite depth ... :roll:

[quote name='SupremeNumNuts']Yeah I was leaning toward the DS but now I'm leaning towards the PSP.[/quote]

I'm still getting the ds and, to be fair, sony hasn't really done anything to show that the psp launch will be any better than the ds (though I would love to get the psp also).

Remembers N64 Launch

Me: So can you read me off some of the games in N64 library available
Clerk: Ok let me see, we have Super Mario 64 and we have Pilotwings 64
Me: Yeah keep going
Clerk: ???????????????

Launch titles are those that come out within 60 days of the console release date. Those aren't the only launch titles.

The DS looked cool but now i see the launch and it doesnt look as good as it did before. Im interested to see what the PSP has at its release when ever that is

for me personally, there are certain sure-bets in gaming. One is that Nintendo hasn't ruled the handheld market by putting out crap for 12+ years; they have always produced cool shit that we all end up loving. well, so the GBA needed a light...

the DS looks very innovative, and i really enjoyed the few minutes i've had with it much more than i thought i would. Yeah, the launch titles are a bit poopie, but that is usually the case...

i will be getting one i'm sure, but i plan to wait until there are more good titles; i think we'll all be happy after a bit!

and yes, no GB/GBC compatability does suck.

The DS will bet going once Wario Ware/ Metroid Prime: Hunters (retail version) hit. Those will be system sellers. I'll be picking mine up after those hit. Wario Ware looks to be insane. And it comes out in three months- Feb 14. Not too long to wait. And don't forget Mario Kart, Animal Crossing, and a whole mess of others. Its a process. Plus, ALL games should be $39.99!!! Its hard enough paying that much for a console game!

I actually got mine on Friday, & I am not dissapointed at all. Mario is a no brainer, but Spiderman is really good so far, look's awsome. Asphalt Urban GT was the biggest surprise to me. I was stunned, screen shot's do not do this game any justice . IGN is just flat out wrong on this one.

[quote name='Ebraum']I actually got mine on Friday, & I am not dissapointed at all. Mario is a no brainer, but Spiderman is really good so far, look's awsome. Asphalt Urban GT was the biggest surprise to me. I was stunned, screen shot's do not do this game any justice . IGN is just flat out wrong on this one.[/quote]

Thats 60 fps IN YOUR HANDS. Amazing.

Unless I am mistaken, this is the first Nintendo system to debut in America before Japan, so that could account for some of the disappointing nature of the launch titles. Usually they get the crap launch titles in Japan and we wait a few months before we get the system, which means we (often) get better games.

[quote name='dafoomie']Dreamcast launched pretty strong... But thats more the exception than the rule.[/quote]

There has never been such a strong launch lineup as the Dreamcast.

If I bought a DS today there's not a game I'd buy to go with it. I'd just play my GBA games on it until (if) something came out that caught my eye. Nothing I've seen previewed for the future excites me either.

It's pathetic that their big marketing blitz (Metroid game) is for a damn demo. I really want to like the DS, but the first few months are looking dry.

I'll probably buy the DS at launch since I tried it out at Gamestop today and Hunters looks and plays great. Has anybody heard of any SP trade in deals yet????

The main things to keep im mind:

1. Very few systems have ever had a steller selection at launch, wait a few weeks something should pop up that you like, they cant ALL be winners.

and

2. By the time the PSP ships there will have been many more DS titles realeased, so it's not as if it'd still going to be this bad by then.

[quote name='icruise']Unless I am mistaken, this is the first Nintendo system to debut in America before Japan, so that could account for some of the disappointing nature of the launch titles. Usually they get the crap launch titles in Japan and we wait a few months before we get the system, which means we (often) get better games.[/quote]

Very good point.

[quote name='DrJustinRamone']
Dreamcast launched pretty strong... But thats more the exception than the rule.

....and then crashed and burned.

Perhaps a mediocre launch is a well-kept secret to success.[/quote]
It crashed after Sony's hype machine promised people an orgasm in a box, and people believed it.

The supposed greatest PS2 had how many good games at launch? How many pool games do you need?

XBox, PS2, GC, N64, nothing has much more than filler at launch. You have to admit though, Mario 64 is pretty cool for a handheld title.

What exactly are the ds launch titles?

I am sorry if this is a little off topic, but i am a newbie to CAG so how do you put up an avatar?

[quote name='Fire']What exactly are the ds launch titles?

I am sorry if this is a little off topic, but i am a newbie to CAG so how do you put up an avatar?[/quote]

Nintendo DS launch titles are:

* Asphalt Urban GT
* Feel the Magic XY/XX
* Madden NFL 2005
* Mr. Driller: Drill Spirits
* Ping Pals
* Rayman DS
* Ridge Racer DS
* Spider-Man 2
* Super Mario 64 DS
* Tiger Woods PGA Tour 2005
* The Urbz: Sims in the City

Click on Profile in a upper right corner :arrow: Scroll down to " Avatar control panel" :arrow: upload your avatar.

Welcome aboard! :)

Is the DS launch disapointing? Yes. Does that mean the DS its self is a disapoinment? No. The PS2 launch was a bit of a disapointment and look where that systems is now. I have the DS and one game (SM64), and while I do wish there where more good game I know that beter games are coming. Bring on the PSP!

I'm hoping to get the DS for xmas (it's a pretty sure thing) so I'll have more games at my disposal when I get it.

Truthfully, I am wanting this system almost solely for Animal Crossing DS so I'll be waiting quite a while for the game I really want to play.

[quote name='Nirvanaguy777']remember the GC launch titles, talk about pathetic[/quote]

GC isn't doing too well, bub.

[quote name='help1'][quote name='Nirvanaguy777']remember the GC launch titles, talk about pathetic[/quote]

GC isn't doing too well, bub.[/quote]

You should stick to the XBox forum alone and all your Halo2 threads.

[quote name='Rozz']Yet at the GBA launch there were many good games.[/quote]

Uh...are you sure about that? There were only 2 great GBA games I remember: Castlevania COTM and Super Dodgeball. Mario 2 I could give a shit about. DS I bought, but with no games. Don't know if I'm going to keep it. Local Target was sold out in 15 minutes, I had to wait 45 mins on line in Best Buy to get a copy, CC has none either. I figured there was no way it'd sell out, but, apparently, I was dead wrong.

Launch titles Bad
Nintendo Launch Titles = Bad

Playstation launch titles were awesome, Dreamcast launch titles were awesome. Xbox launch titles were awesome.

People who think that launch titles suck either have selective memory, or only play Nintendo launch titles.

bread's done
Back