DS Lite discontinued at Gamestop.

If the price goes down at least $25 for both the original and this, I'm picking up another one.

I guess the reason is tied to their getting rid of gba games.

This doesn't surprise me since there is a DSi, DSiXL, and now the 3DS available new. It wouldn't shock me if all retailers started discontinuing the DSLite.

I'm waiting for UMD/PSP games to be discontinued this Fall or next year when the NGP is released. I'm also waiting for the PSPgo to go for less than current prices.

Edit: I guess I'm the only one who didn't know that there's going to be a Mystery Case Files game for the Wii.

[quote name='anotherpoorgamer']Edit: I guess I'm the only one who didn't know that there's going to be a Mystery Case Files game for the Wii.[/QUOTE]

You're not the only one; it's just that no one cares what comes out on Wii. It's a dying, gasping system.

[quote name='utopianmachine']You're not the only one; it's just that no one cares what comes out on Wii. It's a dying, gasping system.[/QUOTE]

Boy, ain't that the truth. Haven't bought a new game for it since NSMB.

It makes sense. This would clear the way for price drops for the DSi and XL. Also, if other Gamestops are like the one I was in Thursday, they have plenty of used Lites that they need to sell through. Seriously, this place had the glass counter in front full of them.

[quote name='utopianmachine']You're not the only one; it's just that no one cares what comes out on Wii. It's a dying, gasping system.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='jza1218']Boy, ain't that the truth. Haven't bought a new game for it since NSMB.[/QUOTE]

It would seem that the Wii has become the Gamecube when the Wii was newly released.

I think it is time I finally buy a Wii for $150 or less. Then again, I might have to wait a little longer to see if this Wii 2 is backwards compatible and supports HDMI.

I think they did, it was more apparent in the white ones and they "magically" discontinued a long time ago. Although other colors had the issue as well, it was not as prominent.

About time for the lite though, if you ask me, they need to discontinue the XL as well to clear up market confusion. As for the Wii, it may get a resurgence later this year as games come out of Nintendo but I expect this the successor to replace it fairly quickly. Its sales aren't bad, they match what Sony and MS sell but its place in the marketplace is over. It's time for them to switch, naturally.

Welp, time to buy that backup DS Lite I've been meaning to get (the d-pad and shoulder buttons are starting to get flaky on my current one).

bread's done
Back