DS lite portability

Slade555

CAGiversary!
Feedback
15 (100%)
How portable do you find the DS lite to be?

While I got rid of my PSP for other reasons (screen ghosting, boring games, etc.), it was a big brick that was difficult to carry around. Definitely not something you could always have on you.

I like the portability of the micro I recently got but the screen is too small and gba games are a bit ghetto so I'm probably selling it.

DS LITE - Something you can carry with you all the time, or more of a home/backyard portable with just a little bit of bus/random portable use?

If I'm out and about, I don't have time to game. As such, I only play my DS or PSP while at home or at my brother's place.

I suppose that you could just pop the DSL into a pocket if it were large enough, but I'm too scared to scratch or lose it so it's always in its carrying case when I'm not using it.

Very portable, fits in a jean pocket. The clamshell design means it acts as its own case too, unless you're worried about the outside of it for some reason.

It depends. For me, it's very portable because I can just throw it in my purse and go -- one of the perks of being a female gamer, I guess. It's not as portable as my cell phone, which I can easily slip into one of the back pockets of my jeans if I need to. If you're actually going to be carrying it on your person, you're gonna need cargo jeans or something like that. It's much more portable than the original GameBoy (Dude, I practically had a set of luggage for that thing) and probably a bit more portable than the PSP thanks to the folding design.

If you had a decent-sized jacket pocket, you could carry it all the time. I don't tend to for similar reasons to Rusty Ghia, I don't often have the time for gaming when I'm out, but I usually bring it along in my jacket when I know I will be waiting somewhere for a long time. I don't tend to worry too much about scratches in those cases, as only the outside is subject to scratching (the screens are fine). The size+game selection+UI sold me on it a few months ago, and I've been pretty damn happy with it since.

I use a soft sunglass pouch (if they're good enough to protect glasses from scratches, they're good enough for the DS) since it offers mild protection without adding bulk. When it's like this, I can fit it into one of the front pockets on my jeans.

It's portable this way and I bring it everywhere, but I leave the stylus-heavy games at home.

I carry it around in my pocket all of the time. The fact that I can easily take it with me if I'm going somewhere there is the outside chance I'd have a bit of downtime to game is one of the things I really like about the system.

I keep it in my messenger bag, which I take to and from work every day. But I dont think I could carry it around in my pocket all day long. Maybe in a cargo pocket, but not in a pocket around your waist.

bread's done
Back