DS Lite touch screen less bright than top screen?

mchank

CAG Veteran
I just purchased an Onyx DS lite and the brightness of the lower touch screen is different from the top screen. The top screen shows bright white on the starting DS screen while the bottom touch screen is more of a cream, slighty less white. I had a white DS lite before this one and I didn't notice this, but that could be because the black makes the screens stand out more? Is this normal or did I get a defective DS?

the first black ds lite i got also had a creamish tint to it, well in addition to two deal pixels. i ended just exchaning it. find a friend and compare the two, the ds i have known has a noticeably whiter and slighty brighter bottom screen.

I noticed this on my normal DS.. I figure it's because of the different angles of the screens.

There are two touch screen manufacturers for the DS and DS Lite. One tends to be hazier but has a more sensitive touch screen, the other is clearer, but isn't quite as responsive and also has a light dot grid pattern on it.

This isn't an error in manufacturing.

Thanks for the replies guys. I can't return this one because the first one I bought had some dead pixels on the top screen and I exchanged it for my current one with the darker touch screen which was the last Onyx one in the store, so I have to send it to Nintendo if I want another one. Its good to know that I didn't get a defective one again. Games look fine on it; the brightness is noticeable when the DS logo comes on but you can't tell during gameplay.

Yeah, it is something you will have to deal with. I've got that too and it doesn't bug me much but it's kinda rediculous to return a DS just because the touch screen is slightly but not noticably darker. You can also risk getting another one with dead pixels or something ;).

My brother's DS Lite touch screen looks really white and bright and mine is slightly dimmer and has a mild yellow tint. It pissed me off at first, but I forget about it as soon as a game starts.

bread's done
Back