ds lite vs dsi

perdition(troy

CAGiversary!
Feedback
7 (89%)
is there much of a difference between the two other then a .25" screen difference? (and the lack of a GBA port? and is there any chance that someday there will be a way to play gba games on the dsi without having to download them?)

The DSi has a faster process and more memory so someday there will be DSi exclusive games. There are also DSi Ware you can download and the camera.

No chance of playing CBA since there wont be space.

thanks.

i'm just selling my psp atm, and am going to be buying either a dsi or a ds lite. if my memory serves me correctly, i liked some gba games when i had it which is the only reason i was wondering about the gba slot.

Will the DSi play all the current DS games? I read on Amazon that it will play "MOST" DS games. Is there a list of what it won't play?

[quote name='Wanderlai']Will the DSi play all the current DS games? I read on Amazon that it will play "MOST" DS games. Is there a list of what it won't play?[/QUOTE]
As far as I know, the only games the DSi won't play are counterfeit ones. ;)

The DSi will play any DS game EXCEPT for those that use the GBA slot.

Example: Guitar Hero.

I just got a DSi, and it is great. I do miss the GBA slot- but DSiWare makes up for it

[quote name='Wanderlai']Will the DSi play all the current DS games? I read on Amazon that it will play "MOST" DS games. Is there a list of what it won't play?[/QUOTE]

The DSi doesn't have the GBA slot so it doesn't support any DS games that use the slot such as the Guitar Hero games. This also means you can't use the rumble pak or the browser on the DSi(although the DSi has its own you can download)

As for whether or not the DSi will have a virtual handheld, Nintendo keeps saying no. Who knows what will happen down the road though....

[quote name='flameofdoom666']
I just got a DSi, and it is great. I do miss the GBA slot- but DSiWare makes up for it[/QUOTE]

Didn't you just say "The loss of the GBA slot is the worst part about the DSi. I would actually own one if it wasn't for that."? :lol:

Hope you enjoy your DSi!

This DSi Is The Best... Sure You Don't Have The GBA Slot, But You Could Just Own A GBA... The Double Cameras On The DSi Plus The Ability To Listen To Music Is Awesome! Plus Better Speakers And Bigger Screens. Oh Yeah, Don't Forget About The Free DSi Browser To Surf The Web, And The DSi Shop.

Way Better Than The DS Lite

If youre going to go online much and share photos and such, the DSi is definetly better.

If you arent planning on using any of its online capabilities I'd say the DS Lite is the better choice- it has the GBA slot and a longer battery life

bread's done
Back