Ds Lite with a dead pixel.

goldeneye64

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
I bought a DS Lite from gamestop.com at launch received it Wednesday. Noticed there is a dead pixel thats small but noticeable on top screen on the middle left part of the screen.

I called my local Gamestop store and the guy on the phone said we accept exchanges from the website but do not cover cases when the DS Lite dead pixel problem doesnt cover more then 10% of the screen.

Is this the case with most stores and should I try exchanging thru the website or they will say the same thing as the store told me? Also I know the PSP had a big problem but have there been alot of cases of dead pixels on the DS Lite so far?

[quote name='goldeneye64'] but have there been alot of cases of dead pixels on the DS Lite so far?[/QUOTE]

Yes, yes there have. Your best bet would be to call Nintendo.

Thanks I didnt notice the other thread a few posts down before. Didnt think it was this big a problem. If Nintendo will send me a new one and then I can send mine back after I get a the new one I will do it in a second. Just its not that bad the one dead pixel. Just would bother me less if I had it awhile then happened. Hate having something brand new and having a problem.

But I read on the other thread Nintendo is charging for shipping now sounds like there having way to many returns on the DS Lite then. Also has anyone returned theres to Nintendo and had a worse problem then before they sent it or all have been fixed it sounds like?

If it helps I called Nintendo the other day. My shipping label already came and my DS lite is off to Nintendo. They didn't charge me anything. I had a dead pixel on the top screen. I really love Nintendo for being so great with their customers. Even if they did charge me $5 I'd be happy getting a flawless system.

[quote name='goldeneye64']Thanks I didnt notice the other thread a few posts down before. Didnt think it was this big a problem. If Nintendo will send me a new one and then I can send mine back after I get a the new one I will do it in a second. Just its not that bad the one dead pixel. Just would bother me less if I had it awhile then happened. Hate having something brand new and having a problem.

But I read on the other thread Nintendo is charging for shipping now sounds like there having way to many returns on the DS Lite then. Also has anyone returned theres to Nintendo and had a worse problem then before they sent it or all have been fixed it sounds like?[/QUOTE]

They're not going to send you the system first. You have to send your system first then they'll fix it or give you refurbished system or a new one.

[quote name='Vinny']They're not going to send you the system first. You have to send your system first then they'll fix it or give you refurbished system or a new one.[/QUOTE]

Oh ok thanks. I read somewhere I thought they took your credit card information and charged you if u didnt return the broken one within a week guess i missunderstood.

Wait you don't get a brand new system when you send it? The representative told me it would be brand new not refurbished.

bread's done
Back