DS LITES SoCal UPDATED with MAP!

2poor

CAGiversary!
Has anyone had any luck finding a DS Lite in Souther California?

This map should be a useful tool for some of you. http://www.frappr.com/dsliteavailability

Confirmed: Southgate Target @ Firestone/710 FWY,
Santa Ana Target.

No Goes: Targets-Granada Hills, Valencia, Culver City, City of Industry, El Segundo,
Baldwin Park, Montclair, Mission Hills, North Hollywood, North Hills, van nuys, Cerritos, and Camarillo.

Walmarts- City of Industry,
Baldwin Park

Sears-Costa Mesa,
City of Industry, and Bellflower Blvd.

Best Buy-
West Covina

Gamecrazy-
12913 Harbor Blvd Garden Grove, CA 92840 (but they are giving $16 for Getting Up and $12 for Bullet Proof)

Edit: I just went to the Westminster Target and I think they pulled their Lites because they didn't have any there.

Santa Ana target doesn't sell anymore according to a post.

New method for a DS Lite:
[quote name='snood']I found a worker in housewares, asked if he could do a stock check for me, and gave him the product code for the Lite: 207 01 0007

His handheld computer thing said that they were all in the stockroom, so he went back there and returned with 2 brand new ds lites.

Complete credit for this idea goes to JETFIRE714 on Fatwallet, as soon as I read his post it seemed just clever enough to work. I just had to try since there were absolutely no stores that broke the street date here.[/quote]

It works. I got mine today like that.

Meh... This is a little off topic but since this is a thread about SoCal, can anyone tell me where there is a Gamecrazy or Gamestop or EB games that still has some old PS1 or N64 games?

[quote name='thegarageband']Meh... This is a little off topic but since this is a thread about SoCal, can anyone tell me where there is a Gamecrazy or Gamestop or EB games that still has some old PS1 or N64 games?[/QUOTE]
There is a Gamecrazy in West covina that does.

GameCrazy's still trade in PS1 and N64 games (even NES games). EB and GameStop are in the process of completely phasing PS1/N64 games out.

[quote name='espy605']How does someone confuse green for ice blue?[/quote]

In Asian cultures, the terms green and blue are often interchangeable. When I studied Japanese, we were told to think of it more as a "nature" color rather than specifically green or blue. (I guess a good rational example is a Blue Spruce Evergreen tree.) My wife (from Taiwan) still calls green traffic lights "blue" even after being here for more than 10 years.

Dane.

[quote name='2poor']http://www.frappr.com/dsliteavailability
Confirmed: Westminster's Target (Wesminster st. and Brookhurst) Southgate Target @ Firestone/740 FWY

[/quote]

Firestone/710 FWY

My friend picked one up from that Target last night at closing time. He said there were still "tons." Good luck to all =)!

[quote name='Kirra']Firestone/710 FWY

My friend picked one up from that Target last night at closing time. He said there were still "tons." Good luck to all =)![/QUOTE]

That is COOL - btw. I wondered when someone noticed my obvious mis-spelling as it is the 710 FWY - there obviously isn't a 740 but it was apparent enough.

Actually kinda shocked they still had some by FRI because it seemed one of the only verified So.Cal findings in this thread.

rewn

[quote name='rewn']That is COOL - btw. I wondered when someone noticed my obvious mis-spelling as it is the 710 FWY - there obviously isn't a 740 but it was apparent enough.

Actually kinda shocked they still had some by FRI because it seemed one of the only verified So.Cal findings in this thread.

rewn[/QUOTE]

that's the one i was talkign about earlier. good to hear that they're still selling.

[quote name='Kirra']Firestone/710 FWY

My friend picked one up from that Target last night at closing time. He said there were still "tons." Good luck to all =)![/quote]

I got 2 DS lites at the South gate Target!:D Thank you Kirra.
There were about 8 left when I was there (11:50am)

[quote name='AshesofWake']:cry: i think every store in Orange County knows not to sell them til 11th...from my research/travels..[/quote]

I know...damn upstanding citizens/employees....

I just got one at the South Gate Target. There were still probably about 5 or 6 left. The employee there said they had sold about 5 of them today.

Add more to the 'Will not sell list'
Oxnard, Newbury Park, Simi Valley, Moorpark
All have 0 or 2-3 old DS units in the case. Compared to last week (they were packed with old ones). Wonder where they all went?

[quote name='gizmogc']Add more to the 'Will not sell list'
Oxnard, Newbury Park, Simi Valley, Moorpark
All have 0 or 2-3 old DS units in the case. Compared to last week (they were packed with old ones). Wonder where they all went?[/quote]

I don't know what stores you're talking about though.

Glad to be a "confirmer." I hope you guys are happy with your lites!

[quote name='Vyrtigo']I just got one at the South Gate Target. There were still probably about 5 or 6 left. The employee there said they had sold about 5 of them today.[/quote]

Yeah, I actually had to go back again today. B/c the DS Lite that my friend got last night had one dead pixel right smack in the middle of the bottom screen. So we went back to get it exchanged. I also saw a guy buy a Lite and Brain Age while I was there. There aren't that many left, so get them while you can! (Traffic getting out of that plaza was horrible...)

I also picked up a DSLite at South Gate today (picked it up around 3:10;there were two left). After I bought it, I shopped around for a while till 4:00 and checked the DSLite section before I left. There was only one left. :whistle2:(

Does anyone know if they restocked it or is it sold out?

[quote name='Renald']I also picked up a DSLite at South Gate today (picked it up around 3:10;there were two left). After I bought it, I shopped around for a while till 4:00 and checked the DSLite section before I left. There was only one left. :whistle2:(

Does anyone know if they restocked it or is it sold out?[/QUOTE]

Seems like they restocked it. I bought one around 7 and they have quite a few left.

[quote name='Renzokuken']Seems like they restocked it. I bought one around 7 and they have quite a few left.[/QUOTE]

That's great to hear! Hopefully more SoCal CAGers will be able to take advantage of this and pick one up! :whistle2:D

This was the first time that I went to that Target and man is it huge!! About 2 times the size of my Target!! :whistle2:o!!

Found a way to get Targets to break street date! Thanks to snood's post in the main DS Lite bragging thread which I'll paste here:

Originally Posted by snood
Just got back from the Atlantic Avenue Target in Brooklyn. Managed to snag a lite for me, and one for the girlfriend.

I found a worker in housewares, asked if he could do a stock check for me, and gave him the product code for the Lite: 207 01 0007

His handheld computer thing said that they were all in the stockroom, so he went back there and returned with 2 brand new ds lites.

Complete credit for this idea goes to JETFIRE714 on Fatwallet, as soon as I read his post it seemed just clever enough to work. I just had to try since there were absolutely no stores that broke the street date here.

Totally works, no problem. Rang it up in the front and out the door!

[quote name='espy605']Found a way to get Targets to break street date! Thanks to snood's post in the main DS Lite bragging thread which I'll paste here:

Totally works, no problem. Rang it up in the front and out the door![/quote]
That works and all, but not in SoCal. Apparently everyone already knows not to sell the DSL until the 11th.
But if anyone wants to try the method out at a no go target and tell us what happens.

[quote name='2poor']That works and all, but not in SoCal. Apparently everyone already knows not to sell the DSL until the 11th.
But if anyone wants to try the method out at a no go target and tell us what happens.[/quote]

Um, it does work in SoCal. I just said I did it myself, last night at a "no go Target." That's why I asked someone in hardwares instead of someone in electronics.

[quote name='espy605']Um, it does work in SoCal. I just said I did it myself, last night at a "no go Target." That's why I asked someone in hardwares instead of someone in electronics.[/quote]

Sorry I didn't read your post all the way through. I tried it and I just walked out of Target with a BRAND NEW DS LITE!

Tax varies from county to county in California, with most counties having 7.25% (I think).

There's this weird smudge on my DS Lite below the screen, trying to resist returning it!

[quote name='espy605']Tax varies from county to county in California, with most counties having 7.25% (I think).

There's this weird smudge on my DS Lite below the screen, trying to resist returning it![/QUOTE]
I have an 8.25 :(

[quote name='klyco']Wait, is that with tax? I thought it would be around 142 with tax.[/quote]

Whoops. I actually put two prices together of something else I bought today. I meant $140.06.

anyone know if there are any more at South Gate Target or if theres a good amount? was thinking about driving from aliso viejo to there, but its a pretty good amount of driving tehre and dont want to waste gas if its for nothing =X man wish there was a closer one

ToyMandala.com at sherman oaks is selling the DS lite US version for 149.95. I ask the guy if they're allowed to sell it before the street date and he said "everyone else is selling it".

tried to get one yesterday, guy broughtit out, but then made me go to the game section to buy it. they wouldn't sell it to me. i was so close i could taste it! gonna try the one on la cienaga today.

[quote name='xplode427']tried to get one yesterday, guy broughtit out, but then made me go to the game section to buy it. they wouldn't sell it to me. i was so close i could taste it! gonna try the one on la cienaga today.[/QUOTE]

When I went to La Cienaga last night, they said there were no DS units in stock. Maybe it's a different situation today.

[quote name='BigHow']When I went to La Cienaga last night, they said there were no DS units in stock. Maybe it's a different situation today.[/QUOTE]

thanks. i'll try a different one

bread's done
Back