DS Recommendations for a 7 year old

Status
Not open for further replies.

daminion

CAGiversary!
Feedback
21 (100%)
Recently bought my son a DS and I'm looking to pick up a few more games for him.

He's a smart kid, and reads at a 5th grade level, but he does tend to get frustrated easily. I'd like to find him at least one "easy" game that he can play, beat, and then replay over and over.

He currently has

Sonic Rush -- he loves sonic, but this game is pretty tough.

Zelda Phantom Hourglass -- he just started playing this, not sure how far into it he is.

I wouldn't mind picking him up a Spongebob title if they are decent, he's a big fan of the series. I was also considering one of the "Nintendogs" titles as he played something similar at his cousins and couldn't put it down.

Any recommendations?

[quote name='micro44']If he likes music, Elite Beat Agents might be a good choice.[/quote]

heh, just bought that for myself from a CAG :) guess I'll share.

[quote name='mickeyp']
pokemon games
[/quote]

Any thought which one? There are a ton of them and I know absolutely nothing about Pokemon as that entire phenom was after my time.

[quote name='daminion']Any thought which one? There are a ton of them and I know absolutely nothing about Pokemon as that entire phenom was after my time.[/quote]

Generally, there isnt anything hugely different between each pokemon game, but pokemon pearl/diamond may be best, due to the extra features. I dont think there is any pokemon game less 'frustrating' or less harder than another, so any would be fine really

Maybe you can give it a try. you might not like it, but if you do, that is a great thing to bond with your child. Father and son, collecting all the pokemon! brings a tear to my eye.

Me and my brother collected all of the originial pokemon, really helped our relationship

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back