DS Rumble Pak aka Metroid Prime Pinball thread

the Nintendo rep switched out our Nintendogs demo for a demo of this game. didn't get a chance to play it, but hopefully I will soon, semi-interested in this title. pinball games rule :)

this game is fun. i was playing it at TRU but there wasn't any rumble pak installed. cause i didnt feel the rumble. or maybe someone turned off the rumble in the options, im not sure. but the game is really cool. theres a wall jump section which u have to kept pressing the L and R to reach an artifact. and theres one time samus came up in the middle of the screen and u get to shoot the creatures by pressing B and control her using the D pad.

[quote name='asianxcore']the Nintendo rep switched out our Nintendogs demo for a demo of this game. didn't get a chance to play it, but hopefully I will soon, semi-interested in this title. pinball games rule :)[/QUOTE]

Well done pinball games rule. I think having the dual screen for this one though should help get around the problem a lot of them have in that the camera has to constantly catch up to the action.

I picked this up at CC for $32.99, dunno if that was just mine, but you can save a couple bucks if you have a CC close.

The rumble pak is kinda weird, but I don't think it's too loud, I might just be a rebel and use the rumble pak in church, oh yeah, I'm going to hell, but at least I'll have a highscore.

[quote name='doomlv20']I picked this up at CC for $32.99, dunno if that was just mine, but you can save a couple bucks if you have a CC close.

The rumble pak is kinda weird, but I don't think it's too loud, I might just be a rebel and use the rumble pak in church, oh yeah, I'm going to hell, but at least I'll have a highscore.[/QUOTE]

IMO the rumble pack is really loud. Then again I was playing in my house w/ dead silent. Overall really nice game. I was a huge fan of *gulp* pokemon pinball ... but yeah this game blows that one away.

My only problem with the game is the dead zone but you get over it pretty quickly. Great game, I see myself coming back to this one alot. :lol:

This is just amazing. loving it! $35 might still be a little steep, but multiplayer is was awesome, even just 2 player. My friend and I played 30 games before dinner. ;)

[quote name='banpeikun']What is multiplayer pinball like?[/QUOTE]

It's a race to 100,000 points. The catch is that when you lose a ball (you have unlimited), your score is set to the person is last place's score. Would be wild with many people. Anyone know if there's a way to adjust the score you're racing to? With the two or three people we'll have playing, 500,000 might be more fun.

daroga

Having had a few more days to play this, I must say I'm addicted to this game. Been playing it lots since arriving in Kentucky. Just "beat" the game a little while ago, but I'll be busy forever trying to push my high score. Most of the time I'm playing on Tallon Overworld. Gunship Multiball rocks.

The rumble pack is incredible. I love it and it should be used from now on till forever on every DS game. Oh and the game rocks.

Yeah, this game is truly logevity. My friends and I are having High Score battles. I got the artifact temptle unlocked first, my friend beat it first, I just beat it myself this afternoon. It's such a blast!

Got to play it today, the game is great. The rumble pack adds a nice tactile feedback to handheld gaming, although it is unfortunately noisy. It sounds like when you hit the ball in Pong whenever it goes off.

Metroid Prime Pinball is the best handheld pinball game since Pinball of the Dead for the GBA. I'd say with the rumble pak it even trumps it... good stuff all around.

does the noisy rumble pak effect gameplay???

i love the sound of this game but the noisy rumble pak is making me think twice

..I think the Rumble pak noise goes with the game actually. Its really only a problem when you're using headphones or playing with the soundoff...and that problem is for other people.

It's no more noise than the original dual shock for the PS1, and is far less noisy than the rumble pack for the N64. Don't that that be deterrent. Even if you choose not to use it, the game is freaking awesome.

Question. You can play the game without the rumble pack, right? Because I'd love to play some single-cart multiplayer in school with a few people in class, but the noise would make it too obvious that something's going on other than schoolwork.

I'm a sucker for a good pinball game. Got hours upon hours of enjoyment from Kirby's Pinball Land on the GB. Picked up MPP today and so far it's amazing. Addicting too.

And I dunno if it's just me, but my rumble pak isn't noisy at all.

Damn you guys!

Metroid and fun pinball game with great remarks means I have to buy it, now!

My favorite pinball game was Kirby Pinball (still play it, alot). Anyone like to compare and contrast for me?

Going to order now...

Damnit here too. I originally said "PASS" on this but you guys make it sound so good.

Are the sales still going on for this game? You have converteed me!

[quote name='b3b0p']Damn you guys!

Metroid and fun pinball game with great remarks means I have to buy it, now!

My favorite pinball game was Kirby Pinball (still play it, alot). Anyone like to compare and contrast for me?

Going to order now...[/QUOTE]

I miss playing Kirby....
The basic designs are similar, with multiple tables and boss fights all within thier theme. Metriod wins due to the dual screens which adds a LOT to the experience. Pretty much if you enjoy pinball, its a great buy

Yaeh, this game deserves all of the glowering reviews it has been getting. And the more players the better. The game is simply great.

The game really is that good. It's the new game I'm going to use when showing off the DS. It's the type of game "regular" people would enjoy.

[quote name='hiccupleftovers']Yaeh, this game deserves all of the glowering reviews it has been getting. And the more players the better. The game is simply great.[/QUOTE]I thought the multiplayer was just everyone playing his own table trying to get to a certain score first?

[quote name='banpeikun']I thought the multiplayer was just everyone playing his own table trying to get to a certain score first?[/QUOTE]

right, but when you lose a ball, the score resets to the lowest score in the game, so the more people you have, in theory, the longer the multiplayer. :)

For the past couple days, I've had Prime Pinball and the rumble pack inserted into my DS. But for some reason, every other time I turn it on, it doesn't recognize pinball as being inserted. I have to power off, take either one out, reinsert and repower on.

Has anybody else been getting more than your fair share of "There is no DS card inserted" when there is?

[quote name='evilmax17']Has anybody else been getting more than your fair share of "There is no DS card inserted" when there is?[/QUOTE]

This has been happening with Advance Wars: Dual Strike for me ... hm ...

Possible defect in the DS? It is kind of annoying to have to take the cartridge out and put it in again.

[quote name='evilmax17']Has anybody else been getting more than your fair share of "There is no DS card inserted" when there is?[/QUOTE]

I've had this happen twice so far... once with Metroid Prime Pinball and once with Nintendogs, after playing MP Pinball. Both happened on the same day. Go figure.

bread's done
Back