DS Wifi help

Pbear1212

CAG Veteran
Hoping someone can help me. My DS was working fine with my home network until I decided to turn off SSID broadcast. Now the DS can't find the access point although all other settings are the same. If I turn broadcast back on, the ds works fine. Turn it off again, and it can't find the access point again. Have tried manual set up as well and same issue.

Would prefer to not have the broadcast on and am just wondering if anyone has had this issue and found a work around.

Thanks.

[quote name='Pbear1212']Hoping someone can help me. My DS was working fine with my home network until I decided to turn off SSID broadcast. Now the DS can't find the access point although all other settings are the same. If I turn broadcast back on, the ds works fine. Turn it off again, and it can't find the access point again. Have tried manual set up as well and same issue.

Would prefer to not have the broadcast on and am just wondering if anyone has had this issue and found a work around.

Thanks.[/QUOTE]

I think you have to manually set the access point SSID if you are not broadcasting the name. I mean in the DS's wifi settings. So, manually enter the SSID and I think you should be fine.

[quote name='crunchewy']I think you have to manually set the access point SSID if you are not broadcasting the name. I mean in the DS's wifi settings. So, manually enter the SSID and I think you should be fine.[/quote]

Appreciate the advice. I tried that and it and unfortunately it didn't solve the issue. Right now I have basically a manual set up in slot 1 and a set up I did before I disabled broadcasting in slot 2. The settings (SSID and WEP key) are the same on both. Both test fine when the SSID is broadcasted, neither work when it is not. I just can't see any reason that this shouldn't work. Have tried going through Nintendo and my router manufactuer and neither can come up with a solution either.

bread's done
Back