DSi bundle $42.48 Target (YMMV)

yorksj

CAGiversary!
Just got back from my local Target where I saw that in the new video game cases, the white DSi Brain Age bundle was marked at $42.48. Unfortunately they were sold out, and all that remained was the Mario/Luigi bundle. I will be going back tomorrow to take a picture of the price tag. I asked an employee about the discount and he was surprised by the price, so it is possibly a mis-labeled item, but i thought I should give a heads up to everyone so my fellow CAGs can check it out :D

edit: This deal is definitely a wild goose, consider yourself amazingly lucky if you can find this in stock at this price point. As numerous posters have pointed out, these units were clearanced out months ago and I probably witnessed one of the few DSi bundles that were found in a dimly lit, back room and put on clearance to simply quickly get rid of a discontinued item. Happy Hunting CAGs :D

Last edited by a moderator:
You sure you didn't forget a 1 in front of the 4..that's really hard to believe even with the new 3DS being announced.

This is not a deal. At this point you'd have a better chance of winning the lottery than finding one of these in store. Don't waste your time.

[quote name='BingoBrown']This is not a deal. At this point you'd have a better chance of winning the lottery than finding one of these in store. Don't waste your time.[/QUOTE]

You are correct, I just felt obliged to give people a chance to check it out for themselves.

My Target had a few of these laying around at the beginning of the year, but I don't think I've noticed them lately. Going to assume I won't find them, but will definitely take a look next time I'm at Target... you never know :D

yeah, this is so beyond YMMV that it's not worth bothering with. These were clearanced out MONTHS ago and most barely made it past the first drop. It's likely that with all the Target remodeling going on, they just printed out a pricing strip that happened to have this on it and they probably never had one at that price to begin with.

And all calling the store will do is enable an employee who might just happen to find the one in a million location with these at $42 AND in-stock to buy the last bundle after being alerted by a well meaning potential customer. ;)

[quote name='Goodfella2487']No way...

EDIT: On phone with my local Target now to see if true.

EDIT 2: None in stock. Trying another location...[/QUOTE]

^^^^^HE DID!!^^^^^ tsk tsk

[quote name='Justin42']yeah, this is so beyond YMMV that it's not worth bothering with. These were clearanced out MONTHS ago and most barely made it past the first drop. It's likely that with all the Target remodeling going on, they just printed out a pricing strip that happened to have this on it and they probably never had one at that price to begin with.

[/QUOTE]

You're right. When Target switched to the new set up, the majority of their old clearance games made a guest appearance on the label strips. When I was working, I saw FIFA 09 for $14.98 and we had it on clearance last summer for that price.

There may be some of these floating around out there, but I wouldn't go hunting for it. If I remember at work tomorrow, I'll check the Northern Cali/Northern Nevada stores to see if anyone has stock on it.

:whistle2:s It is flippin' ridiculous that there are unsold DSi's sitting around in ANY retailer marked down to ~$45, I don't care what color or bundle they are. :joystick: At the Toys R Us I work at, we were completely sold out of those by mid-January at least.

A while back I did find a bunch of Zen Stones sitting around in a clearance case we had for $3 apiece after a customer asked me to price check them; they were marked at $49.99. I was almost embarrassed I hadn't snatch them up earlier. Nothing I have even approaches this, though.

bread's done
Back