DSi Matte Black/Blue + Free Downloable Games - $164.99 shipped at Costco.com

iNCREDiPiNOY

CAGiversary!
Feedback
216 (100%)
Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='prateeko']Who on this sites does not have a costco membership?

Hell, any cheap ass in general needs to be a Costco member.[/quote]

Not if there aren't any where you live.

Interesting, in tiny print on the little logo by the DSi it says to visit dsioffer.nintendo.com for more info on the free game, so it most likely will be with any DSi purchase.

(site isn't working, at least for me, OpenDNS reports no such page)

Where else would I buy my 50 gallon drum of CranApple juice?

[quote name='180husher']Where else would I buy my 50 gallon drum of CranApple juice?[/quote]While comments like this are entertaining, if you're serious and not just being facetious, it shows you obviously don't go to Costco because many items are available in sane quantities, and I say this as a single-person household. I'll definitely grant you my FoodSaver helps in this regard though, which I personally think should be a prerequisite to shopping at places like Costco. How convenient that Costco sells them there. :p

Now, as for the DSi deal itself, this seems decent to me; probably the same as these will be in B&M Costco's if sold unbundled there (as Wii's in Costco have been lately). Costco is definitely the place to buy game consoles with their return policy. At this point I can't imagine buying one anywhere else. :)

[quote name='Googer']Now, as for the DSi deal itself, this seems decent to me; probably the same as these will be in B&M Costco's if sold unbundled there (as Wii's in Costco have been lately). Costco is definitely the place to buy game consoles with their return policy. At this point I can't imagine buying one anywhere else. :)[/quote]

That return policy is a good point. I'm always paranoid about getting dead pixels (never happens though). If they had black I'd prolly cancel my amazon pre-order.

[quote name='Googer']While comments like this are entertaining, if you're serious and not just being facetious, it shows you obviously don't go to Costco because many items are available in sane quantities, and I say this as a single-person household. [/quote]

Maybe if you're a fatty with unlimited storage space. I did a shopping trip at Costco once; stuff was littered all over the apartment and most of it ended up spoiling before I could get to it. I keep my membership solely for buying gas.

[quote name='Vegan']Maybe if you're a fatty with unlimited storage space. I did a shopping trip at Costco once; stuff was littered all over the apartment and most of it ended up spoiling before I could get to it. I keep my membership solely for buying gas.[/quote]Ha! If anything people say I'm underweight - 5' 10", upper 130's. Nice try though. ;)

[quote name='Googer']Ha! If anything people say I'm underweight - 5' 10", upper 130's. Nice try though. ;)[/QUOTE]

that is underweight, for a guy. if you're a chick that's about right if not slightly hefty.

[quote name='kylematthews']Agreed that everyone should have a membership to costco, they are a lifesaver, but many a times, local costco has good deals, but when I go in there, they are sold out. I am mad.[/quote]

I've had both Sam's club and Costco memberships. I'd say it is good to have one, I am with Sam's Club now because you can go in and buy 25 bubble mailers for $4.xx.

Also, Sam's club has a college membership. You pay $40 and get a $15 gift card.

Edit:

Forgot to mention, you can throw a kick ass BBQ with the meat from either place.

[quote name='shoe478']I've had both Sam's club and Costco memberships. I'd say it is good to have one, I am with Sam's Club now because you can go in and buy 25 bubble mailers for $4.xx.

Also, Sam's club has a college membership. You pay $40 and get a $15 gift card.
[/quote]

Nice deal! I just got a membership through my work for $30. I'll be going there soon for the first time!

[quote name='Tom Ato']That return policy is a good point. I'm always paranoid about getting dead pixels (never happens though). If they had black I'd prolly cancel my amazon pre-order.[/quote]

Wha? I thought costco switched to a 90 day return policy on electronics. 90 days is still good.. but other stores offer that too.

Me.There isn't one where I live.

[quote name='Valkryst']that is underweight, for a guy. if you're a chick that's about right if not slightly hefty.[/QUOTE]

Wow, that's flamebait if I ever saw it...

[quote name='mietha']Wow, that's flamebait if I ever saw it...[/quote]Indeed but even if I was a girl I'm thick-skinned enough to not be offended by such things. :p And no, even as a guy, I'm not underweight - if anyone doesn't believe me, try seeing what the CDC thinks (yes I know BMI isn't perfect but for most people it's a relatively accurate assessment). Maybe relative to the population-at-large I am but that's society's problem, not mine. ;)

[quote name='sunghost']Wha? I thought costco switched to a 90 day return policy on electronics. 90 days is still good.. but other stores offer that too.[/quote]AFAIK game consoles don't count as electronics under Costco's return policy. This makes sense when you consider that game consoles have much more static pricing than computers and other electronics do, with new models coming out far less frequently. The change in return policy was to prevent people from using it as a 'free upgrade' policy, because it was being abused in that exact manner. Such abuse doesn't really apply to game consoles, so (unless Costco has further changed their return policy) they're still fair game for unlimited-duration returns. :D

the DSi is not gonna crap out.. otherwise it will be dead in the water before it tries to eliminate the DS (phrase out the DS).

I agree that getting this from Costco gives you peace of mind, but for taxes, not worth it. As to those don't have membership, come on, you're a CAG, ever occur to you that you can use the # from a friend or something?

Will ship 7-10 days from purchase. Probably from release day. Amazon Prime and it's 3.99 overnight shipping makes it a better deal in my opinion.

The image says the downloadable games can be seen at dsioffer.nintendo.com, which isn't live yet. That may be a deal for everyone who buys the system within the first week or so.

[quote name='mkelehan']The image says the downloadable games can be seen at dsioffer.nintendo.com, which isn't live yet. That may be a deal for everyone who buys the system within the first week or so.[/QUOTE]

I think nintendo has said that everyone who buys the system will get 1000 pts FREE

i will wait and see what games are downloadable before buying the system since i just got a new DS back on FEb 1

[quote name='Serpentor']the "deal" here is the unconditional return/replace "warranty" from Costco. Every other deal is pretty better than this...[/QUOTE]

Yeah, but who breaks a DS? Seriously.

[quote name='Cmosfm']Yeah, but who breaks a DS? Seriously.[/quote]

my point exactly... but you know, some people like to pay extra for the peace of mind.

[quote name='slidecage']I think nintendo has said that everyone who buys the system will get 1000 pts FREE

i will wait and see what games are downloadable before buying the system since i just got a new DS back on FEb 1[/quote]I believe that the free 1000 points was only for Japan; Nintendo is planning a code redemption system via Club Nintendo when you register your DSi (which is most likely what this offer refers to).

FWIW my older brother's first DS Lite had something happen to it that Costco's return policy would have been perfect for (I say would have because he bought that DS Lite at BB soon after they had come out ;)). It seemed like its battery died / would no longer hold a charge (system would turn on but die after only a few seconds) but he borrowed the battery out of my DS Lite before just ordering a replacement battery, only to find that it was apparently the DS Lite itself because he had the same symptoms even with my full battery... So, besides the klutz factor of if you drop it, DS Lite's can and do still actually die on occasion. :p

[quote name='Googer']FWIW my older brother's first DS Lite had something happen to it that Costco's return policy would have been perfect for (I say would have because he bought that DS Lite at BB soon after they had come out ;)). It seemed like its battery died / would no longer hold a charge (system would turn on but die after only a few seconds) but he borrowed the battery out of my DS Lite before just ordering a replacement battery, only to find that it was apparently the DS Lite itself because he had the same symptoms even with my full battery... So, besides the klutz factor of if you drop it, DS Lite's can and do still actually die on occasion. :p[/quote]

I think it can be said that ANY piece of electronic equipment can die on occasion, that's just the nature of the beast. It doesn't matter what it is, with everything going on, there's bound to be some units that are defective. However, we can almost all agree that of the big three, Nintendo makes the best hardware in terms of problems. Nintendo seemingly is always the company that has the least amount of problems with their systems, so they must be doing something right ;)

[quote name='Cmosfm']Yeah, but who breaks a DS? Seriously.[/quote]

My brother bought a DS with a dead pixel, twice. My DS lite has the crack in it on the hinge. Those are all manufacturing issues. Even for people who take great care of their things like myself, stuff happens that is out of our control.

Edit: $12 in tax, that hurts. I may stick with my Amazon pre-order.

[quote name='Cmosfm']Yeah, but who breaks a DS? Seriously.[/QUOTE]
Many launch DS Lites developed hinge cracks and the annoying tendency to shut off when pressure is applied to their right side due to insufficiently grounded screen circuitry.

[quote name='Tom Ato']My brother bought a DS with a dead pixel, twice. My DS lite has the crack in it on the hinge. Those are all manufacturing issues. Even for people who take great care of their things like myself, stuff happens that is out of our control.
[/QUOTE]

Nintendo fixes cracked hinges for you, and you can't even see dead pixels when playing games.

Seriously, dead pixels? I still don't understand why this is a concern. More important things to worry about...

For anyone wondering about the downloadable games, it's not a costco exlcusive.

"The Nintendo DSi is able to connect to an online store similar to the Wii Shop Channel, called the DSi Shop. Here, using Nintendo Points (previously known as Wii Points), users will be able to download DSiWare games and applications to the internal memory or the SD card of the user's DSi system. Each DSi that accesses the DSi Shop prior to March 2010 will receive 1,000 Nintendo Points. The applications will either be free, or cost 200, 500, or 800+ (marked with a 'Premium' tag) Nintendo Points.

The DSi Shop was launched with the DSi Browser, a web browser available for free download."

Source

[quote name='Buri']Each DSi that accesses the DSi Shop prior to March 2010 will receive 1,000 Nintendo Points. [/QUOTE]

Yeah, but as far as I remember, that was only confirmed for Japan, never for other regions.

Luckily, though, I've just found a confirmation that this deal will apply in the US, thanks to the listing on Target.com.

Upon initial access to Nintendo DSi Shop, 1,000 Nintendo DSi Points will be credited to your account, which you can then use to download your free Nintendo DSi-exclusive games and applications. Wireless broadband connection and acceptance of user agreement required. Nintendo DSi Shop must be accessed to receive free points. Limited time offer. For full details, please visit DsiOffer.Nintendo.com.

bread's done
Back