DSi pricedrop includes Mario&Luigi Bundle on Amazon

johnnypark

CAGiversary!
Feedback
57 (100%)
So, the DSi dropped down to $149.99, which isn't a deal since it's MSRP. But, I thought it was worth mentioning that the DSi bundle which includes Mario & Luigi 3: Bowser's Inside Story, is also $149.99 on Amazon.

http://www.amazon.com/Nintendo-DSi-..._4?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1284411687&sr=8-4

I know a lot of people have credit from all of Amazon's preorder promotions, which makes it even better. I used my Other M credit and got the bundle for $129.99, the price of a new DS Lite. Considering the price of the game alone (and being a 1st-party Nintendo game) that makes the DSi ~$100. Sure, with the 3DS probably 6 months away, it makes less sense to buy a DSi right now, but I've been taking my DS online a lot lately due to Dragon Quest 9 and have lost my patience with the archaic wireless security the DS Lite has.

If anyone's paranoid about bundled games, a review on Amazon states that the package comes with a full retail box for M&L.

[quote name='johnnypark'] it makes less sense to buy a DSi right now, but I've been taking my DS online a lot lately due to Dragon Quest 9 and have lost my patience with the archaic wireless security the DS Lite has.
.[/QUOTE]
Good deal, but just wanted to throw in some extra info here. The wireless security is built into the game carts themselves. It is true that the DS Lite can't support advanced encryption even if the game cart did, but by the same token, if you put Dragon Quest 9 in a DSi you won't get to use the advanced encryption (since it is built into the cart). As in, you'll still need to connect to some WEP or unsecured router.

You can go online using the DSi's built in browser/"app store" with advanced encryption but that is built into the device itself, not the games.

[quote name='spuffin']Good deal, but just wanted to throw in some extra info here. The wireless security is built into the game carts themselves. It is true that the DS Lite can't support advanced encryption even if the game cart did, but by the same token, if you put Dragon Quest 9 in a DSi you won't get to use the advanced encryption (since it is built into the cart). As in, you'll still need to connect to some WEP or unsecured router.

You can go online using the DSi's built in browser/"app store" with advanced encryption but that is built into the device itself, not the games.[/QUOTE]

Hmmm. I knew that was a problem with older games that didn't support the new features, but I was under the impression that new games post-DSi release would be compatible with it when played on a DSi... apparently not. Now to contemplate if I should cancel my order.

bread's done
Back