DSi XL screen questions

1NintendoFan

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
Hey everyone,

I just got the DSi XL for Christmas and I had a question about the screen. The first thing i noticed when I started using it was that it has a dead pixel. I really hate dead pixels but I'm not sure if it is worth returning to Amazon for one small pixel. It looks different than other screens I have had though because they normally look like white dots where this has a gray tent and I just thought it was dirt at first. Anyway, my real question is about the hinge of the screen. My first DS lite got the cracked hinge after a while but continued to work and it wasn't an issue. But, it does make me more concerned now with my DS. When I started playing the XL I noticed that the screen kind of wobbles when it is opened up. So, my question is, is this normal for the XL? I looked around online and didn't find much info on it, so I was just curious if anyone else has the same thing happening. If that is normal, then I will be okay with it, but I just want to be sure it won't cause problems down the road.

Thanks!!!

I'd send it back because of the dead pixel, actually that's why I don't buy electronics online because I have terrible luck. The wobble for the top screen is normal but I have heard of people getting ones that don't wobble much/at all but they've had to take it back a few times.

Thanks for the info. I spent some more time researching the wobble and saw it is kind of normal. So, I guess I will contact Amazon and see what they have to say. I don't really buy electronics online either because I feel it is easier to just get it in store and there is less room for problems. However, my brother loves to buy gifts online and this happened to be one of the many for this year.

Thanks again!

bread's done
Back