[DSiWare] Shantae: Risky's Revenge out NOW!

utopianmachine

Nintendo Fangirl
Feedback
241 (100%)
Shantae released today, October 4th, on DSiWare for 1200 points.

The description from the Nintendo update:

Shantae: Risky's Revenge
Publisher: WayForward
Players: 1
ESRB Rating: E10+ (Everyone 10 and Older) – Comic Mischief, Mild Cartoon Violence, Suggestive Themes
Price: 1,200 Nintendo DSi Points™
Description: The sequel to the critically acclaimed Shantae is here! Fans asked, and WayForward has answered with a powder keg of high-octane, hair-whipping, hip-shaking action available only on the Nintendo DSiWare service. Shantae: Risky's Revenge sets the bar even higher with thousands of frames of animation, huge multi-sprite bosses and a quest so big it's bursting at the seams. Guide "half-genie" Shantae through haunted wastelands, burning deserts, enchanted forests, dripping caverns and deadly labyrinths. Discover magical attacks, brew zombie coffee, save golden babies and master the art of belly dancing to transform Shantae into more powerful creatures. Use your powers to foil the lady pirate Risky Boots and save Sequin Land from certain doom. With its infectious characters, flirtatious humor and deliciously outlandish action, Shantae: Risky's Revenge offers up all the hair-whipping, belly-dancing action you can handle.

For scans of the Nintendo Power article about the game, see below. This article is a little dated now, as originally the game was going to be released in three parts.

Page 1:
Shantae1.jpg
Page 2:
Shantae2.jpg
Page 3:
Shantae3.jpg
Page 4:
Shantae4.jpg
Page 5:
Shantae5.jpg

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vaAw_SfNC9c[/media]

Last edited by a moderator:
You aren't alone, I've never played the original either, but after taking a look at the game I'm very interested. Any idea how much the episodes will cost?

[quote name='pete5883']I have yet to actually enjoy a WayForward game, but I'm looking forward to this anyway.[/QUOTE]
Contra 4.

[quote name='saggypockets']Well then that is your fault for not enjoying a wayforward game lol.[/QUOTE]
Or MFC or that GBA racing game could've been good, instead.

Edit: Oops, that was Racing Gears Advance by Orbital Media. No wonder it was no good. Consider my WayForward comments retracted.

Bumping this old thread I made, as Shantae is out today! The thread even has a snazzy trailer placed just so to weasel 1200 points out of you.

I would've bought this immediately, but the L button on my DSi is pretty much broken. Someone please tell me the L button isn't used at all in this? I don't want to wait until 3DS day to play this.

I had some points sitting in my account so I grabbed this. I only played it for about 15 minutes but liking it so far. It feels like a retail release.

[quote name='jkam']I had some points sitting in my account so I grabbed this. I only played it for about 15 minutes but liking it so far. It feels like a retail release.[/QUOTE]

Awesome! I will pick this up sometime this week. I need to buy a 2000 points card.

Is there a quick save option? I've only found one save "area" so far... I really dislike that in a handheld game. I generally play for 15 minutes at a time and not being able to quick save or save frequently will be it's downfall for me.

[quote name='pete5883']It's perfect, you can buy Pictobits and still have 300 points left over![/QUOTE]

I already have Pictobits and other than that there is nothing on the store that interests me =/

I really wish they would have chosen 1000 points and not this arbitrary 1200.

I definitely want to support WayForward on this though so I'll have to think of something.

Last edited by a moderator:
I grabbed Elemental Masters with a 10 spot and have 200 left over. I almost bought Foto Fighter (or whatever the 200 point fighting game is) with it, but then saw this so I might save it.

While playing this game, it's like you are reaching second base over and over and over.

God bless you, WayForward.

Do you guys think they DSiWare games will wok on the 3DS? I don't have a DSi and no way will I ever get one but I really don't wanna miss out on this game.

bread's done
Back