DSL router help!!

check on www.dealuniversity.com

i got my router for like $10+shipping over two years ago. i got another one free + shipping a few months ago for my sister.

a wireless router typically has 4 100mbps ethernet connections, and you can easily disable the wireless. IMO you should just get the wireless because A: They're so much more available and B: then you have the wireless option in the future for your nintendo DS, or PS3, or whatever!

Good luck!

PS: There's always ebay.

check bensbargains.net or fatwallet.com and search for "router". I'm sure you'll find some great deals at CC, Staples, Office Max, etc...

most can be had for well under $50 (wireless) and sometimes free AR.

A router provides an internal network for all connected devices - each device recieves it's own IP address. A hub simply connects several devices together - you'd have to manually assign each device's IP address in order to communicate between them.

You'll want to pick up some CAT5 ethernet cables too - of whatever length you need.

best of luck!

if you can find an Eb games with a Wireless microsoft router, normally 99.99 for only 29.99 your in luck. It doesnt even look like a wireless router. I picked one up the other day. Its well worth the $30 to get it.

after talking to my friend I believe I would rather need a hub. as all I am doing is getting a connection from my PC to my xbox while still being on the internet at the same time.

That will work fine. I'd also like to give a bump to newegg for having the best consumer driven rating system and cheap ass fast shiping.

Hey CAG's, I'm also looking for a wireless router to network 2 computers. But the only problem is that I need one from BestBuy.com because I have plenty of Best Buy Bucks to dish out, and why not use them? So does anyone know of a good router at BB.com and/or some coupon codes to lighten the price? Any help would be appreciated.

damn it. well the cheapest router I can find at best buy is $39.99, and then with my $24 best buy bux it is still going to cost me about $25 w/ shipping. which is alright, but not quite cheap ass enough for me.

[quote name='.JPG']Hey CAG's, I'm also looking for a wireless router to network 2 computers. But the only problem is that I need one from BestBuy.com because I have plenty of Best Buy Bucks to dish out, and why not use them? So does anyone know of a good router at BB.com and/or some coupon codes to lighten the price? Any help would be appreciated.[/QUOTE]
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage...00050001&type=product&cmp=++&id=1051384663529
70-30 MIR = $40

you have to purchase it before or on saturday 11/05 for the mail in rebates

If you have a Fry's near you they are always have sales on routers. You can probably pick up an el cheapo Airlink router for less than 20 bucks.

i lied it doesn't work, it would work when I would run my internet threw it, but xbox live wouldn't work. Then I headed to wal-mart and got a router instead, but that didn't even work at all!!!! so I don't know what to think.

of coarse you would be the first one here to mock me DT.

But like I said I tried a router, and it didn't work for crap. just so frustrating! :headache:

the router I had wouldn't work with my modem due to there is no LAN output on my DSL modem which that router required.

and with the hub I had my DSL running threw it and the internet on my PC would work, then I would go to turn on xbox live and it couldn't connect to xbox live.

[quote name='birdman']if you can find an Eb games with a Wireless microsoft router, normally 99.99 for only 29.99 your in luck. It doesnt even look like a wireless router. I picked one up the other day. Its well worth the $30 to get it.[/QUOTE]Do you know if this router will still work for the Xbox 360?

bread's done
Back