DSLR Camera Lenses on sale?

Good luck with any B&M store having a "sale" on these lenses. Your best bet is online. What are you looking for specifically?

Funny coincidence... Just yesterday my wife said she wants a new lens to upgrade her Nikon D-40. I'm not even sure where to start looking.

Hate to thread hijack but if you guys could leave your opinion on a question for me.

What superzoom would you guys get and it must be a superzoom, no detachable lens.

Panasonic FZ-28 or Canon SX10/

Sorry to thread jack but I know everybody that comes in this topic will have an idea about cameras.

[quote name='mtxbass1'] What are you looking for specifically?[/quote]

A macro lens that fits a Sony A350

bhphotovideo.com, one of the best. Their store is camera mecca. Robertsimaging.com is great, too, and will match B&H prices.

Great lens is made by Tamron, can find them on ebay. If you are looking for close up macro, look up macro ring extenders (they are tubes you can make different lengths)

As for the super zoom I don't have an opinion/suggestion. I do DSLR and a point and shoot. I have a sony one and it works great for normal shot. Had a Sony F-717 before and it worked awesome. Not sure if that qualifies as a super zoom, but worth checking out. I'm sure they have newer products

Eh sigma and tamron are kind of shoddy quality, at least compared to Canon and especially Nikkor lenses. My father has a Sigma ultra wide angle lens and I was really disapointed with its performance. If you want a great zoom (well up to 200mm) I'd get a Nikkor 18-200 w/ VR. Its probably the single most versatile lense made by any company. It can focus throughout the whole zoom range at around 1.5 feet or so in front of the camera, which means you can get some really good macro type shots with it. Not to mention its easy to shoot at low speeds 1/10 ->1/15 with the VR and get ~50% of your shots in nice focus.

So as long as yoru camera will accept Nikkor DX lenses its probably the best single lens you can buy.

Oh, and two great, reputable places to look for lens are bhphotovideo.com and adorama.com. Both are the websites for two amazing stores in NYC, and are considered some of the best stores to buy stuff from by professionals. I've seen B&H have some really good deals from time to time too, but in general if you find a lens for a consierably cheaper price than most other places, its gonna come back to bite you if you buy it there, and also on that note, its somewhat rare for lenses to go on sale.

[quote name='spedmunki']I was looking to get a new lens for my DSLR. Does anyone know if theres any stores having a sale on them during Black Friday?[/quote]

try to find a store you can rent a lens at. I have a local photo shop that rents them for $25 a day. a buddy rented a canon fish eye and doesn't like it. better than spending $600 and being stuck with it...

bread's done
Back