Dual Graphics Cards.

gamemasterjd

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Ok, before I get into this, I know of the many cards capable of doing these things and I know of SLI configs, but this is a general question where if it does work, it would rock. hard.

So I have a moderatly dated graphics card in my computer (a 6600gt AGP 128mb) currently, doing well to run the games it does (Counterstrike, HL2, BF2, Fear etc). Recently I came across an old. elderly. feeble. ancient ATI rage 128 all in wonder PCI, in all its 4mb ram glory. Why would i want such a card?

Ah ha...TV tuner capabilities!

So to the actual question at hand.... Is it possible to continue to use my normal 6600GT while being able to use the AIW for its Tv Tuning ability at the same time (in the same way another TV tuner USB or PCI would be used) or an i just hoping for way too much?

BTW, after installing it in the compy, XP reports that it cannot be started (yet this card was pulled out of a compy running XP go figure)

So any suggestions (sans going and buying a top tier AIW or a diff TV tuner card)?

Technically, yes. But you may face face driver conflicts...

I heard that some AiW cards use tuners that ATI sells stand alone and so you can use the drivers for just the tuner, which means that there will be no ATI graphics drivers to conflict with the Nvidia card.

But figuring out which tuner card you have might be hard...

bread's done
Back