Dual Shock 3 - April 2008 MSRP $54.95

Gshocker

CAGiversary!
SCEA will introduce the DUALSHOCK 3 wireless controller for the first time in North America in April 2008 for $54.95 (MSRP). DUALSHOCK 3, which incorporates both rumble and motion sensing SIXAXIS™ technologies, maintains the award-winning design and precise, responsive features of PlayStation controllers. The added rumble feature, combined with the SIXAXIS system, enhances the gamer experience with more interactive, intuitive and immersive game play experience and will work with more than 100 current PS3 titles.
http://kotaku.com/360931/dualshock-3-dated-for-us
Still wondering when the Dual Shock 3 will make an appearance in the US.. I managed to grab a white one in Japan but I would like another one and was hoping that they would be at least announced here in the US soon.

Has anyone heard anything?

[quote name='Gshocker']Still wondering when the Dual Shock 3 will make an appearance in the US.. I managed to grab a white one in Japan but I would like another one and was hoping that they would be at least announced here in the US soon.

Has anyone heard anything?[/quote]

Spring 2008 is all we have right now. As I mentioned in the PS3 101 thread, you can order them from PlayAsia for $59 + shipping (about $7?).

to each his own, but i don't really understand why people are excited about the rumble in the controller. is there something more to the dual shock 3 that i'm just not seeing? or is that the only thing that it gives you?

[quote name='bendeco45']to each his own, but i don't really understand why people are excited about the rumble in the controller. is there something more to the dual shock 3 that i'm just not seeing? or is that the only thing that it gives you?[/QUOTE]

I'm pretty sure the only thing extra it has is rumble

Rumble is what it gives you, but that rumbles adds weight, and some people like that. You can always turn the rumble off and have a heavier controller.

[quote name='bendeco45']to each his own, but i don't really understand why people are excited about the rumble in the controller. is there something more to the dual shock 3 that i'm just not seeing? or is that the only thing that it gives you?[/QUOTE]

I'm just hoping that the new controller revision will allow for auto power-off. How did they miss that with the Sixaxis?:roll:

The buttons have different feel to it too, less clicky, more smooth. It exudes quality.

I think they could just add auto off with a firware update to the ps3. i.e., have the ps3 tell inactive controllers to shut off.

Yeah this feature would be nice. I bought the BD remote, because I was sick of manually shutting the controller off to watch divx.

~S

The rumble is quite nice in games like MLB since this is the only way you can tell where the pitch is being aimed at times. I was surprised that many games support the rumble already. Even the MLB 08 demo has support for it. One thing that kind of bummed me out was COD 4 did not seem to support it. I wonder if there will be a patch once it is officially announced in the US.

As a bonus I thought the white was cool so I had to go for that one. Looks sharp.

Lucky for you you don't care about rumble -- you'll be able to snatch up some cheap sixaxis controllers as they flood the market when everyone else switches over!

[quote name='bendeco45']to each his own, but i don't really understand why people are excited about the rumble in the controller. is there something more to the dual shock 3 that i'm just not seeing? or is that the only thing that it gives you?[/quote]

[quote name='dfo']Lucky for you you don't care about rumble -- you'll be able to snatch up some cheap sixaxis controllers as they flood the market when everyone else switches over![/QUOTE]

w00t!

i still only have 1 controller, since i don't really have any multiplayer games, and i didn't want to spend $50 on a new contorller.

[quote name='eastx']http://kotaku.com/360931/dualshock-3-dated-for-us

April 15th release for $55... Too damn expensive. I'll probably just import one now.

Oh, the DS 3 also has better analog sticks and shoulder buttons, and doesn't suffer Bluetooth dropout like the SixAxis sometimes does.[/quote]

I was able to get a white import one off of ebay for $55 shipped! Considering the white one probably won't come out here for a while now, I think I got a really good deal so far.

[quote name='Rollett']Now does the Japan DS3 work with the USA PS3 Flawlessly ? its just a controler right nothing special ?[/quote]

Works without problems...

Damn....$55 in the US. That sucks...I guess the only benefit of waiting is coupons/deals locally. I'll just wait as I don't really need another controller at this point.

$55 is pretty expensive, but $5 more isn't bad for the rumble, though it's pretty easy to find a sixaxis for less than msrp and I'm not too concerned about finding it for less than $55. If I actually paid for my second sixaxis I would be pissed about having to buy another controller.

I think I would grab an import if it was around the same price. I was thinking about grabbing another one when I am in Japan this summer but it looks like they will be out here.. Looks like only black for the US though.

I have not had any dropout issues with my DS3 which is nice. I had not even thought of it till I was playing with a friend who was using my sixaxis and he had a drop when we were playing warhawk.

you can import one now for 50-60 bucks shipped which is the same as 55 plus tax 2 months from now. you can also get a heads up on selling your non shock sixaxis which is going for 25-35 bucks on ebay.

Im so glad I didnt wait as I ended up getting it cheaper at PlayAsia. Only by 8 cents but it was definetly worth getting early isntead of waiting hoping to get it for a better price in the US

On black friday I bought 3 sixaxis controllers from amazon, think they were like 20 dollars. I like rumble, but I don't need it.

I got mine for $40 in Akihabara this past November. If anyone is planning a trip to Japan I suggest that you look around. It is definitely possible to find it on the cheap. I got two white ones!

I really wish gamers would stop supporting these high priced controllers so sony will be forced to lower the price.

54.95 is INSANE to pay for a controller.

I'm glad I imported a white one in Jan. I thought $60 delivered was too much but I needed another controller and wanted rumble. Now that they'll be releasing at $55 it'd cost just as much with tax.

[quote name='pete5883']No, $70 is insane to pay for a controller, Nintendo. 55 is relatively sane.[/QUOTE]

The Wiimote Nunchuck combo is 59.98.

[quote name='scorero23']nope. mgs4 is due to release mid june, supposedly on the 12th.[/QUOTE]

What's that got to do with anything?

[quote name='Ivanhoe']I really wish gamers would stop supporting these high priced controllers so sony will be forced to lower the price.

54.95 is INSANE to pay for a controller.[/quote]

I am not worried about $5 more than what it was and the price of a 360 controller. And it is still better than getting a combo for the Wii. :bouncy:

Like someone mentioned earlier, it sucks that COD4 isn't supported by the rumble. I just picked up a white DS3 today at a store that imports them. I really hope they release a patch for that soon!

$55 + tax and no white prompted me to import from Play Asia. With $10 off coupon I got a white for $56 shipped.

since dualshock 2 controllers run from 19.99 to 24.99 and they probably cost 5 bucks to make and the dualshock 3 has the same parts minus the cord and dongle, I wonder how much bank they are making on the DS3? 900% profit?

No way I am paying $55 for any controller. I picked up 2 SixAxis controllers from Amazon for $19.99 each in November, so that should last me for a while, hard to pay almost 3 times as that for a Dual Shock 3, especially since I like how light the SixAxis is

bread's done
Back