Dual Shock 3 - April 2008 MSRP $54.95

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']This is up for sale on Gamestop's site for $54.99(LINK: http://www.gamestop.com/Catalog/ProductDetails.aspx?product_id=69638) and with the free shipping code SAVER(I think), that makes this $55 SHIPPED for a Dual Shock 3, which is just slightly a better deal than importing for $59.

Mind you, let's hope Sony makes up their mind and sticks with ONE controller, unlike the multiple SKU's for their systems.

The original SixAxis controller is listed as 'Not For Sale' on Gamestop's site currently. WTF, does that mean they're going to stop selling them and ship back any leftovers?[/QUOTE]
The Sixaxis is discontinued; they're not going to ship them back, but once they're gone, they're gone.

I guess Gamestop's site is still in flux since they revamped it, which is why it says 'not for sale', instead of 'sold out' or something along those lines then. As for me, if I ever pick up a PS3, I'll want one that comes WITH a DS 3, since I'm still not too keen on the whole near 100% price jump for peripheral prices this gen yet.

Just bought a white DS3 from eBay for $58 shipped. Seller is only about an hour away from me, so hopefully it will get here by the end of the week.

Picked up a DS3 from Walmart for $49.82 last night. May not be as good as $39 shipped (buy.com + GCO), but the convenience factor is always nice (I was there anyway), and $5 off MSRP is nice too.

[quote name='CrimsonPaw']Anyone seen these at Best Buy? I'm going to stop by tonight and am hoping they've already reiceved them.[/QUOTE]

I checked last night , they're on the way in the computer but not there yet .

Do you even play PS3, kuga?

I think I'm gonna order a silver one after all, probably from the same guy you ordered from("omgly88"?)

[quote name='Mojimbo']Do you even play PS3, kuga?

I think I'm gonna order a silver one after all, probably from the same guy you ordered from("omgly88"?)[/QUOTE]

Ya, but I've been playing my 360 a lot lately. And ya, I ordered from omgly88.

You mean white?

Just though id post a few pics of my new JP Ceramic White DualShock 3 from Play-Asia and also the new US Black DualShock 3 from that i got from Amazon.
DSC_0343.JPG

DSC_0344.JPG

SixAxis on the Left, and new DualShock 3 on the Right
DSC_0366.JPG

A Happy Matching Family
DSC_0363.JPG

Wow, looking at the white I almost prefer the black just because of the all the other black parts (buttons, d-pad, etc). Freakin' Best Buy better get these in quickly.

Damn peer pressure. You guys win. I ordered me a White DS3 last night. I was just going to go regular black DS3, but I went with my gut not my brain.

Can't wait for some rumble though. Should get here shortly before GT5P.

Since it is a new item I figured, why not make a thread. I only have one question and it is as follows, can you turn the rumble off so it is like an original sixaxis. I have two sixaxis controllers and im wondering if I should trade them both in to get 2 dualshock 3s

Press the home button in-game and go to controller settings, I believe you can turn rumble on and off there.

In the future, check out the FAQ upstairs. :bouncy:

Got mine today and love it. When I first held a sixaxis I thought it felt like a cheap toy. The DS3 just feels a lot better IMO. Now I have a second controller finally.

On our second DS3 (the first one bought from Japan a few months ago).
Love the weight but already having issues with both (2nd one bought this week!)

Second one is not taking/holding a charge properly.

Both just intermintley "have a mind of their own". Character locks up, starts spinning, or drifts to the right or left.

Anyone else with these issues?

I've actually seen other players online start to spin ...

I thought this may need a thread of it's own.

On our second DS3 (the first one bought from Japan a few months ago at launch).

Both just intermintably "have a mind of their own". Character locks up, starts spinning, or drifts to the right or left.

I've actually seen other players online start to spin ...

[quote name='donut']On our second DS3 (the first one bought from Japan a few months ago).

Both just intermintley "have a mind of their own". Character locks up, starts spinning, or drifts to the right or left.

I've actually seen other players online start to spin ...[/quote]

Don't have my DS3 just yet, but I have had those things happen with my 6axis a few times. Not the holding a charge thing though.

No issues here.

Try connecting it via usb and playing with it plugged in. This forces the controller to not use wireless. If the problems go away there might be interference with your controller's signal.

[quote name='donut']I thought this may need a thread of it's own.

On our second DS3 (the first one bought from Japan a few months ago at launch).

Both just intermintably "have a mind of their own". Character locks up, starts spinning, or drifts to the right or left.

I've actually seen other players online start to spin ...[/quote]

My regular ps3 controller makes me spin on unreal 3 sometimes. It is rather annoying,but it is rare.

[quote name='donut']On our second DS3 (the first one bought from Japan a few months ago).

I've actually seen other players online start to spin ...[/quote]Maybe it's online lag?

[quote name='Vanigan']No issues here.

Try connecting it via usb and playing with it plugged in. This forces the controller to not use wireless. If the problems go away there might be interference with your controller's signal.[/quote]

Tried it both ways (plugged in and not).
Happens in COD4, Army of Two, and Rainbow Six 2

One is Japanese (bought at original launch) and one is US (bought his week at GS)

Quick question:

Are the DS3 Analog Sticks supposed to be looser than the Sixaxis or tighter?

My DS3 seems looser than my Sixaxis and my DS2 and it makes fine movements seem harder to do.

It's kind of annoying but I can't tell if its supposed to be this way.

Thanks guys

I was playing bully yesterday, and I noticed that the X button sticks/is harder to press on mine if you press it at the top part of the button. Has anyone else experienced this? I might have to take it apart and see what's going on, so I hope I don't fuck it up when I do.

bread's done
Back