Dual Shock 3 for 44.99 at Radio Shack until 8/9

LxLegend

CAG Veteran
I didn't see it posted here so I thought that I would let everyone know that Radio Shack has the DS3 on sale until Aug. 9 it's in their weekly ad also.

When I went to the store the clerk said it was nation wide and it's also on their web site so it shouldn't be a ymmv.

http://www.radioshack.com/product/i...igkw=dualshock&kw=dualshock&parentPage=search

They also have the sixaxis for 39.99 but that's in store only.

http://www.radioshack.com/product/i...&origkw=sixaxis&kw=sixaxis&parentPage=searchl

If you have an Entertainment book there is a $10 off coupon for Radioshack bringing this down to $35.

Just got one for $ 34.99 + tax after using the coupon. Now, what's the TIV for the sixaxis.

Edit: I called GS and the TIV for sixaxis is $15.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Qsilver7850']Where do you get the Entertainment Book and can you post the coupon?[/quote]

they usually sell it around town through fundraiser organizations for like $20

~~Also thanks to the OP, I would rep you if there was a way. Is there?

Whats the trade in value Six axis?

Whats the PRO's of the Dualshock controller? is it worth it even though I have a perfectly good Six axis? are the triggers any better?

[quote name='Poor2More']
Whats the PRO's of the Dualshock controller? is it worth it even though I have a perfectly good Six axis? are the triggers any better?[/quote]

The Dualshock 3 is same as the Sixaxis but it's a little heavier and has vibration. If you have a working Sixaxis and don't need another controller you could skip this deal because I'm fairly sure there will be another from some other retailer by the end of the year.

But if you have SC4 and like me playing Vader makes your controller hit walls this is a good way to pick one up quickly without waiting for shipping.

And with only a 5 dollar price difference getting a Sixaxis just didn't make sense for me.

[quote name='gi60']Just got one for $ 34.99 + tax after using the coupon. Now, what's the TIV for the sixaxis.

Edit: I called GS and the TIV for sixaxis is $15.[/quote]

the TIV at game crazy last time i checked was at $23

[quote name='joker______']the TIV at game crazy last time i checked was at $23[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the info. I actually was able to sell it on craigslist at 25 a piece. So basically extra 10 to upgrade to ds3 is good enough for me.

[quote name='gi60']Thanks for the info. I actually was able to sell it on craigslist at 25 a piece. So basically extra 10 to upgrade to ds3 is good enough for me.[/quote]

np anytime man

The DualShock 3 also eliminates the problem of randomly losing the Bluetooth signal that some SixAxis controllers have.

I will probably pick this up as there is a Radio Shack very close to my job and I have been waiting a while to pick one up.

Do you guy think there will be a better deal on the Dual Shock 3 by the time Resistance 2 comes out? 45 seems like a bit much just to add the rumble feature.

This isn't a bad deal considering buy.com has them for $44 + with a 5% coupon new member discount which will bring it down to approximately $42

Either way I'm still holding out hoping for a miracle price drop/sale to happen ($35 min) Cause I'm a TRUE CAG

I know this deal only last till the ninth but there are people selling original copies of the $10.00 off $40.00 on e-bay for like $3.00. I got 6 copies of the coupon last night for $2.50 shipped and they were mailed out this morning so i am going to try and pick up at least two DS3 before the ninth.

Since that coupon says no photocopies, I'm not sure all Radio Shacks are going to accept a printed one. I had that problem at K-Mart.

[quote name='Maromi']Since that coupon says no photocopies, I'm not sure all Radio Shacks are going to accept a printed one. I had that problem at K-Mart.[/QUOTE]
u dont lose from trying

[quote name='eastx']The DualShock 3 also eliminates the problem of randomly losing the Bluetooth signal that some SixAxis controllers have.[/quote]

lol i thought i was the only 1 with that problem it sucks when im playing soul calibur & that happens

[quote name='Maromi']Since that coupon says no photocopies, I'm not sure all Radio Shacks are going to accept a printed one. I had that problem at K-Mart.[/quote]

I used 2 "printed coupon" already for the DS3, paid $35 + tax each. I printed in color. Sold my 1 yr old sixaxis for $25 each on craigslist.

So buy it now with coupon fast people, before more people use it.

[quote name='flount']I got a printout of the coupon from the other forum (thanks starmask2k3) to work and got the DS3 for only $35:

http://forums.slickdeals.net/showthr...9#post11127359

I used thick paper and printed out the front side then turned it over and printed the back side and cut it out. It had some print lines, but it did not bother the "associates".[/QUOTE]

very happy to help a CAG in need and that thank u means alot to me i'm crying in side

[quote name='fidodido']Scored one for $35 after searching 3 different Radio Shacks. They could stand to include their store inventory online.[/quote]

They're barely in the 90's and you want them to move into the 2000's?

When I walk in I still feel like it's 1984 and I'm looking for a Commodore 64 tv/game switch. :D

[quote name='xannibal']They're barely in the 90's and you want them to move into the 2000's?

When I walk in I still feel like it's 1984 and I'm looking for a Commodore 64 tv/game switch. :D[/quote]

Lemme know if you find one, I could use it.

I really don't need a third controller, but something is drawing me to buying one for $35... (I have a legit coupon too)

Picked up a controller for $34.99 plus tax. Printed the coupon on glossy paper with both sides. Don't think the paper made a difference but made it looked like it came from a magazine. It scanned without a problem.

thanks for the post, i need a second controller but didn't want to pay $55 for one & have been waiting for a sale. I have a legit coupon so I will be definitely picking one up tomorrow for $35. hopefully one of the 2 radioshacks by my house will have one in stock. i haven't been to radioshack in years, i didn't even know they sold video games.

[quote name='JMEPO']Use this coupon for 10 bucks off: http://forums.slickdeals.net/showthr...9#post11127359 (Thanks starmask!)
Trade in one of your old sixaxis controllers at GS and get the DS3 for close to free!
It's a win win situation.[/quote]

Before trading your Sixaxis to GS (only $15 TIV), try craigslist first. I listed mine at $25 and it sold super fast and 3 other people was calling me before I took down the ads. Even at $30, I think it should sold fast.

It worked, thank you the person who posted the coupons link.

The coupon will easily work if u print on a good inkjet printer. what i did was print on both sides using the booklet setting under the fit the page option.

got it around 1pm
photoshop the "no photocopy" print out
printed in black & white
37.27 plus tax

hell yeah ganna used this again.

I was also able to successfully use the coupon. My associate wasn't sure what to do with it at first, leading to discussions with the manager and my being resigned to the $45 price point, but he got it worked out and a double-sided color copy on glossy paper went through without any difficulty. Thanks, to the CAGs who provided the heads up about the Radio Shack sale and the coupon!

[quote name='weguzs']got it around 1pm
photoshop the "no photocopy" print out
printed in black & white
37.27 plus tax

hell yeah ganna used this again.[/quote]

Mmm.. you'll be ruining this for everybody!!! Why do you have to photoshop a perfectly good coupon that works......!!!!:bomb:

[quote name='bgame2']Anyone successfully use regular paper with a color printer?[/quote]

I did, and the color printed both side will make the paper looks good anyway.

[quote name='bgame2']Anyone successfully use regular paper with a color printer?[/quote]

Yep, it worked fine :D Went into my local Radio Shack, got the DS3 and presented the coupon. With L.A. county sales tax it came to a total of $37.88. Thanks so much for this post and also for the coupon!! My first CAG related purchase :cool:

Awesome deal and thanks for the Post...!!!

Too bad most games STILL don't support rumble, even retroactively, which is completely pathetic. How on earth can I play Sega Rally withOUT rumble....?!!??

Thanks Sony for fucking up this generation like Nintendo with your blatant incompetence.....

I had it printed out just on regular paper, but both sides and with good ink. Both the CSR and the manager were there, and the CSR asked the manager if it works if it's a sale. Without even a pause, the manager said that as long as the total was over $40, it works.

Great deal. Thanks OP!

I lucked out in Lexington, KY. I printed on regular paper but it turned out pink instead of red. I didn't think it would work but it did. Yay for business trips away from home.

Is there a list of PS3 games that support more than 2 players? I'm contemplating if I should pick up another DS3 since it's such a good price (already have 2).

great deal & thanks for the coupon. just picked up two ds3's. printed on regular paper double sided cashier just rung it up & it worked. anyone know anything i could buy for a few cents or less than a dollar? thinking about picking up a wii remote

bread's done
Back