Dualshock 3-Metallic Gold-Gamestop exclusive (10/9/12)

shadowkast

CAG Newbie
MSRP $54.99 DS3 Gamestop exclusive release date of 10/9/12.

Stumbled upon this by looking at the crappy $30 steering wheel. No this is not a deal (at the moment) but figured I'd share. Has that nintendo look to it:cool:
803283b.jpg

[quote name='Yamato']one of the ugliest controllers I've seen.[/QUOTE]

Looks better than the Gold 360 controller. Better looking than I expected actually.

[quote name='RedFoxCommando']Looks better than the Gold 360 controller. Better looking than I expected actually.[/QUOTE]I would imagine it looks better in person. I think the blue dualshock3 and pearl white pspGO look way better in person when you see the speckles that dance in the light (just my opinion of course)

[quote name='Barkwhip']There are people who would be happy to get this for collecting purposes. Thanks for posting OP.[/QUOTE]

Only if it is packaged as a collectible. If it comes in the same DS3 packaging (the new blue sony packaging) then no thanks. Sony takes the time to do a lot of tie in DS3/game bundles but never takes the effort to actually put out a custom controller.

Is this going to be a forever gamestop exclusive or just something they get earlier then other retailers?

I have a Silver DS3 that I got on clearance at Sears for $19.97. I was thinking about selling it, but since they are coming out with a gold I might keep it.

[quote name='YBX87']is this only sold online? or can you purchase in store?[/QUOTE]

You can pre-order in store. $5 down.

If the employee cant find it, tell them it's under "Video Game Accessories"

Isn't this the controller from the gold One Piece: Kaizoku Musou PS3 system bundle that was exclusive to Japan? So they decided to release just the controller overseas.

[quote name='sasukekun']You can pre-order in store. $5 down.

If the employee cant find it, tell them it's under "Video Game Accessories"[/QUOTE]

thanks, i will keep that in mind

[quote name='GBAstar']Only if it is packaged as a collectible. If it comes in the same DS3 packaging (the new blue sony packaging) then no thanks. Sony takes the time to do a lot of tie in DS3/game bundles but never takes the effort to actually put out a custom controller. [/QUOTE]There's a scarlett red PS3 coming out but no logo on it can't understand why they just don't have custom consoles/controllers based off their 1st party titles.
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=285148

[quote name='ohnoitschris']I'd get it if it came bundled with a game. Any game, really.[/QUOTE]^^^

Why don't they do this shit earlier? Everyone wants a different color when a new console is released. Then they do this when everyone already probably isn't even interested in another controller.

[quote name='scblueeyedguy']Why don't they do this shit earlier? Everyone wants a different color when a new console is released. Then they do this when everyone already probably isn't even interested in another controller.[/QUOTE]

They sell regular colors just fine when the console is new.

[quote name='scblueeyedguy']Why don't they do this shit earlier? Everyone wants a different color when a new console is released. Then they do this when everyone already probably isn't even interested in another controller.[/QUOTE]

Controllers are always in demand.

After seeing a better picture of it, I guess I'll take back that statement. I still don't want one, but it doesn't look nearly as bad as I thought.

What do you mean "topic "? I put it in the title and op[quote name='barrit']You need to rename your topic OP. According to the GS page, it's a "GameStop Exculsive"[/QUOTE]

Agreed. Looks like it came from the claw machines with fake gold watches in them.

[quote name='shadowkast']What do you mean "topic "? I put it in the title and op[/QUOTE]

It was a joke. The GameStop page has "exclusive" spelled incorrectly.

[quote name='barrit']It was a joke. The GameStop page has "exclusive" spelled incorrectly.[/QUOTE]
haha nice. Didn't notice that in your post at 6am....my bad

Its like N64 controller all over again. Thanks OP for posting it, but i read it over at kotaku & joystiq & its a MUST have for me. Even though the the controller is to celebrate the 2012 olympic games of london. Am still getting it on october.

i love gooooooooooooollllllllllldddddddddd.....
meh.... i like the urban camo one better. but thanks for the heads up!!!

[quote name='exaznkid']i guess i'm the only one that wants an orange ps3 controller[/QUOTE]

You're not alone. Yellow would be cool too.

It's not ugly to me. Sure gold can look tacky as shit, but this one looks alright. I mean gold and black is typically a neat color scheme, so I'm down with it. I could use a second Dual Shock 3 controller, but I'm not about shell out $60 for one. fuckin' ridiculous prices these days.

After I spilled coke on my first Dual Shock 3 (Rage!), I luckily found my second for $5 with a charging deck at a garage sale. Lucky me.

bread's done
Back