Dualshock 3 Pre-order $50 shipped at Amazon

Nice, looks like it saves a few bucks. What do you think Cheapy, is it worth it? Or is rumble so "last gen"...

I am sure I will pick one up if/when I need a second controller, but not sure if it is worth the $ as a replacement for my daily sixaxis.

I'll bite on a second when they post up some Ceramic Whites.

If you don't already own one of these, plan on getting at least one. It totally changes the experience of the console.

[quote name='OGHowie']Does this come with another mini USB cable to charge the controller?

Want to eBay my used Sixaxis.[/quote]
The Japanese one does not, and I assume that's case here, too. Don't count on it. But you can always get another cable for cheap from monoprice if need be.

I find it offensive that Sony is charging $50 to replace the gimped controllers they foisted on us in the first place. They were too cheap to pay Immersion in the first place and then lied to us (i.e. said that tilt and rumble were mutually exclusive) and spun (i.e. "last gen") for nearly two years before doing us the favor of selling us the controllers we should've had all along. Wake me when they're doing the appropriate thing: TRADE-IN!!!

[quote name='silent h3ro']How is the rumble compared to the 360's? Just curious... I will still get one eventually.[/quote]

I heard it isn't as strong as the 360's but it is still satisfying.

I went ahead and ordered one...if I decide I don't want it before it comes out I'll just cancel the order.

[quote name='DirkBelig']I find it offensive that Sony is charging $50 to replace the gimped controllers they foisted on us in the first place. [/quote]
They're charging $55 ;)

[quote name='doodofdoods']I'll pass. I couldn't care less about a rumbling controller. What purpose does rumble serve to you folks, anyway?[/quote]Helps out immensely in MLB 08 to distinguish pitches outside of the strike zone and notify the user of "key moments". The added weight helps quite a bit, too.

In for one as well. I don't think its just the rumble people were waiting for, I also think that the controller has the added heft that the sixaxis was missing.

[quote name='Nibi']In for one as well. I don't think its just the rumble people were waiting for, I also think that the controller has the added heft that the sixaxis was missing.[/quote]

That's what makes it the controller of choice for us, the weight.

Bought/traded for one from a CAG and it just went on the fritz yesterday (hours and hours of COD4 online). Since this is the 2nd one to break (one regular and now one shock 3) it makes sense to pick it up from BB with a $5 replacement warranty. But dammit, hate missing out on this deal to save $5 and tax ($6).

I've never pre-ordered a product from Amazon. If I do so, are they going to charge $50 to my credit card now or when the product ships?

Only think I'm hesitant on is whether or not Sony is going to release a white controller by then too. I'd much rather have that...

[quote name='Guy Legend']I've never pre-ordered a product from Amazon. If I do so, are they going to charge $50 to my credit card now or when the product ships?

Only think I'm hesitant on is whether or not Sony is going to release a white controller by then too. I'd much rather have that...[/QUOTE]

After the product ships to your door. The UPS will compute those tiny GPS thing and then charge you to your credit card.

[quote name='Guy Legend']I've never pre-ordered a product from Amazon. If I do so, are they going to charge $50 to my credit card now or when the product ships?

Only think I'm hesitant on is whether or not Sony is going to release a white controller by then too. I'd much rather have that...[/quote]

They won't charge until it ships and you can cancel any time.

Thanks Cheapy D for the info, I'm also gonna snag one. I was thinking of getting the silver one but overall the matching black is nice.

you guys should totally buy the japanese dualshock controller's on ebay for 55 bucks. There is one guy who ships priority and it comes in 3 days. The cool thing about it is that the package is open, meaning you can put your regular sixaxis controller in it and re-sell it on ebay now. I just did that and sold my sixaxis for 36 bucks. If you guys wait for the amazon one you will be left with sixaxis that aren't worth anything. y

i need one just for ps2 games right now, since resistance's the only ps3 game i got since the launch.

but i still got 1 sixaxis unopened from amazon for $20........

I bought one on ebay its better then the non rumble but not as good as the 360 controler mine was $60 bucks new from some place in CA everything was in Japanese but who cares?

For others who haven't yet bought but are considering the PS3, looks like there will be at least some models bundled with the DualShock 3 soon - so you don't have to pay extra if you can wait a bit with your PS3 purchase.

[quote name='lawman1108']I bought one on ebay its better then the non rumble but not as good as the 360 controler mine was $60 bucks new from some place in CA everything was in Japanese but who cares?[/quote]Look into getting some punctuation, too.;)

Did I miss something? I thought I read that these were supposed to white.

[quote name='SteveMcQ']Look into getting some punctuation, too.;)[/quote]

LOL. Is it just me or does that shit seem to be getting worse here lately?

Never really cared about rumble one way or the other, but the PS3 controller is just too damn light, so this will be welcome. After spending most of my time on the 360 controller as of late, trying to even play anything on the SIXAXIS has been a pain in the ass.

I already have bought two and sold my original two so in all I paid $30 more to upgrade to two dualshocks.

IMO they are better than the 360's because they give you the experience but not over the top to infringe on the gameplay like the 360's is at times.

So far MLB the show is amazing. Had a game in the 9th with one run lead and bases juiced and the thing is pulsing like a heartbeat as I am going into my windup. (Hoffman backdoored him looking and the final bell tolled.) By the way if you like baseball then MLB the show is an awesome game. As a sports fan playing sports games for over 15 years now I can honestly say this is the best sports game I have ever played. Their attention to detail was amazing.

dang... i just bought one off of ebay which still hasn't arrived lol. i'll bite for a total of 2 ds3 and 2 sixaxis

wait a sec... am i missing something here? the only deal is that you're paying $5-$10 less b/c you're not buying an import. The pre-order is set at $50, which is the retail price of the controller no? If not, i don't see $5 off from $55 on Amazon. If it's $5 off, then it should be $45. Sorry, no bite for me... main reason, no ceramic white color. I rather pay $5 more to have it in white.

I know you could argue that rumble adds so much more to the gaming experience (I'll even totally agree with you), but I can't justify $50 for a controller. Maybe when the third-party knock-offs start rolling out or there is a major price drop, then I'll bite.

[quote name='Serpentor']wait a sec... am i missing something here? the only deal is that you're paying $5-$10 less b/c you're not buying an import. The pre-order is set at $50, which is the retail price of the controller no? If not, i don't see $5 off from $55 on Amazon. If it's $5 off, then it should be $45. Sorry, no bite for me... main reason, no ceramic white color. I rather pay $5 more to have it in white.[/quote]

Sony has set the MSRP at $55. It's $5 off.

Why do people post in here if they have no interest in the product? If you don't wanna buy it then move on and don't click on the topic. We don't really give a fuck what your reason is for not buying. Oh yeah thanks for the deal.

Rumble adds a lot to the experience IMHO. Playing COD 4 on my 360 vs PS3 it's feels more immersive.

I'm going to hold out for a better deal. As far as I know games currently don't support rumble, so there's no real reason to buy one now until games are patched or new games come out that take advantage of the feature... and I imagine that retailers will be marking these down on sale frequently.

I want one, but not right now. I got enough PS3 controllers.. I bought 3 sixaxis controllers when they were 19.99 on amazon black friday.

bread's done
Back