Dualshock 3 Pre-order $50 shipped at Amazon

[quote name='daminion']Rumble adds a lot to the experience IMHO. Playing COD 4 on my 360 vs PS3 it's feels more immersive.

I'm going to hold out for a better deal. As far as I know games currently don't support rumble, so there's no real reason to buy one now until games are patched or new games come out that take advantage of the feature... and I imagine that retailers will be marking these down on sale frequently.[/quote]

Actually, I think most games do now support it. I think the only notable game released since the DS3 has been available (November) that doesn't support rumble is CoD4. All Sony first party/second party games have been patched already (Resistance, Warhawk, Ratchet and Uncharted) and some shipped with it already as a feature such as Burnout Paradise.

In for one. I figure MGS4 will make good use of the rumble, maybe I'll go back and play Uncharted and/or Ratchet to see how it feels.

[quote name='dragyynvessyl']In for one. I figure MGS4 will make good use of the rumble, maybe I'll go back and play Uncharted and/or Ratchet to see how it feels.[/quote]Ratchet's rumble is anemic and piss poor. I'm hoping they re-patch it for better support, but I doubt it. I heard Uncharted was pretty good, though.

How many of the popular older (or already released ) games for the ps3 have rumble support? All of them, or just a select few?

And does this mean that all new releases will support the rumble and build it into development?

Btw... thanks for the deal, got mine preordered.

[quote name='sparklecopy']you guys should totally buy the japanese dualshock controller's on ebay for 55 bucks. There is one guy who ships priority and it comes in 3 days. The cool thing about it is that the package is open, meaning you can put your regular sixaxis controller in it and re-sell it on ebay now. I just did that and sold my sixaxis for 36 bucks. If you guys wait for the amazon one you will be left with sixaxis that aren't worth anything. y[/quote]

Yeah dude, except that $10 shipping charge REALLY sucks. The controller ends up being $65.

I bit only because I've been waiting for the DS3 to be my 4th and final controller :). Now everyone can play and I can have rumble :eek:. Now if only CoD4 can get 4-player split screen lan x_x. Rather have 8 man death match instead of 2 4 man deathmatch tourneys :(

[quote name='sparklecopy']you guys should totally buy the japanese dualshock controller's on ebay for 55 bucks. There is one guy who ships priority and it comes in 3 days. The cool thing about it is that the package is open, meaning you can put your regular sixaxis controller in it and re-sell it on ebay now. I just did that and sold my sixaxis for 36 bucks. If you guys wait for the amazon one you will be left with sixaxis that aren't worth anything. y[/quote]

Uh...yeah...

I can barely bring myself to pay $50 for a controller, but I held off on buying any sixaxis controllers so I could justify buying this so I can do local multiplayer.

[quote name='doubledown']Will they bring a WHITE version to the US? Just curious.[/quote]

Doubt it.

In for one, thanks Cheapy D.

If I hadn't already got a ceramic white one from Play-Asia for $56, I'd be all over this. For an extra $6 I'm happy to get white instead of black, you know, something different. Works like a charm with the American PS3 too.

As for the rumble, I've only used it with Resistance so far (I have Warhawk, Ratchet & Clank, Folklore, Motorstorm, Uncharted, etc. but I haven't tried them yet). The rumble in Resistance doesn't knock your socks off, but you know it's there. It adds to the experience a little bit, but my first impression is that the 360 controller's rumble is definitely stronger.

I really like the extra weight though. It makes the controller feel a bit better in your hands, and it's not quite as heavy as the 360 controller. Why Sony waited so long to bring these out over here I'll never know...everybody should have imported these months ago just on principle. I'll probably import a second DualShock 3, maybe in silver, so that I have two rumbling controllers.

Thanks Cheapy, but I can't justify spending $50 bucks just to have a controller rumble. I'd rather put that money toward a new game.

Maybe if I can pick it up for around $20-$30 sometime in the future, I might bite.

I hate how expensive all the controllers are this gen. I don't care about the games. I remember Secret of Mana and Final Fantasy III being 74.99.

I got one from play-asia back in January. The left analog stick now only works sporadically. PA said they would replace it, but really stressed that if it worked when they got it, I’d be out the controller and money.

So, now I’m stuck with a DS3 that doesn’t always work. I’ve thought about getting a new one at Best Buy when they come out here and trying to exchange the broken Japanese one for a new one. Doing the old switcharoo.

[quote name='Hoffer']I got one from play-asia back in January. The left analog stick now only works sporadically. PA said they would replace it, but really stressed that if it worked when they got it, I’d be out the controller and money.

So, now I’m stuck with a DS3 that doesn’t always work. I’ve thought about getting a new one at Best Buy when they come out here and trying to exchange the broken Japanese one for a new one. Doing the old switcharoo.[/QUOTE]

if it is really broken then just return it to pa

[quote name='62t']if it is really broken then just return it to pa[/quote]

I’ve spoken with them in email twice. They said that it was shipped working and is not their fault it is broke. I really got the feeling they are trying to make it seem it is my fault. I’m sure a lot of people smash controllers. So, I can see their concern.

As I said, it works fine sporadically. I’m really concerned that it will work when they get it and they said they wouldn’t refund money or return it if it worked.

Their emails to me really didn’t make me feel comfortable returning it. They worked hard to discourage me from doing so. Definitely the last time I’m importing hardware of any kind.

Be aware the analog stick is the same problem we are having, and it's completely broke.
Amazon price is great, but do they warranty like Best Buy?
If so, what has been anyone's experience.

Ours broke/wore out in 2.5 months.

Mine wore out in about a month and only about 10 hours of use.

My problem is up and down don’t work on the left analog stick. If I push the stick in, like doing the left click, it will go. If I work with it for a couple minutes, sometimes it starts working.

I would return it to play-asia in a second. They just went out of their way to make me uncomfortable doing so.

[quote name='donut']Be aware the analog stick is the same problem we are having, and it's completely broke.
Amazon price is great, but do they warranty like Best Buy?
If so, what has been anyone's experience.

Ours broke/wore out in 2.5 months.[/QUOTE]

30 days return policy and they will give you a return shipping label if the item is defective. I've returned a couple xbox 360 system with no problems.

[quote name='the3rdkey']I hate how expensive all the controllers are this gen. I don't care about the games. I remember Secret of Mana and Final Fantasy III being 74.99.[/QUOTE]

Hells yeah bro! Good ole cartridge technology

[quote name='doubledown']Will they bring a WHITE version to the US? Just curious.[/quote]
Probably, when/if they bring a white ps3 sku to the US.

Already picked up a ceramic white DS3 from PA for $56, but went ahead a pre-ordered the black one from amazon. I don't mind have an ebony one to complement the ivory, and can always cancel later if I change my mind.

[quote name='DirkBelig']I find it offensive that Sony is charging $50 to replace the gimped controllers they foisted on us in the first place. [/QUOTE]

So the $50 Sixaxis you can get in stores is offensive too, right? I mean, how dare they sell you more controllers? Those bastards!

I paid a premium for the import, and the controller is good and the added heft ius welcome. But all in all, that's a lot of $$ for a controller.

[quote name='h3llbring3r']I am on the fence. I am still not playing my PS3 enough to warrant another controller. If the ergonomics had been improved maybe, if the thumbstick had been swapped with the d-pad mos-def. (I can't stand the thumb on thumb bumping.)
Buy.com also has them pre-order priced at $46 shipped after GCO. Do they give CAG referral credit?
Here's the link anyways:
http://www.buy.com/prod/ps3-dualshock-3-controller/q/loc/108/207536742.html[/quote]It's still a bit too small for my liking and yes, I'm not too fond of the sticks, but the added weight really does help.

silly Q I'm sure.. is there anyway to use a 360 controller on PS3, maybe via USB or something.. if they can make usb dvd remotes for the PS3 that mimic controller functions, I don't see why not =) that'd rock my world.

I definitely want one of these, the Sixaxis is way too light and flimsy for my taste but what i wanna know is if the rumble will work on PS2 games. Anybody know?

[quote name='roymustang']I definitely want one of these, the Sixaxis is way too light and flimsy for my taste but what i wanna know is if the rumble will work on PS2 games. Anybody know?[/QUOTE]

I've read that it does, yes.

As much as I like my ps3 and would love to have the rumble feature again, I just can't fork over $50 bucks to buy it.

I am too cheap to even buy ps3 games at full price, controller for $50 is def out of the question.

Here is hoping amazon will have them for $20 at turkey day this year~ :)

I grabbed one. Mainly based on everyone who owns one saying that they no longer drop their connection. Just going to need to figure out what I'm going to do with my two Sixaxis controllers now.

Anyone have this show up in their Amazon Recommendations yet? A gold box discount would really sweeten the deal.

It does. I just got mine in from Play-Asia last night. Tested it with Shadow of the Colossus and there was indeed rumble. The rumble seemed a little subdued but that may just be the game ...

I also tried it with Resistance and with the Burnout: Paradise demo. Rumble was a nice addition to Resistance, but especially with Burnout the rumble was nice and strong, which was reassuring after the negative comparisons to the 360 controller (I have both systems and I would recommend trying the Burnout demo before you conclude that the DS3's rumble is weak).

[quote name='roymustang']I definitely want one of these, the Sixaxis is way too light and flimsy for my taste but what i wanna know is if the rumble will work on PS2 games. Anybody know?[/quote]

Ah, I'm in for one I guess. I'll use my second Sixaxis as a backup. I guess I missed some of the rumble in my PS2 games.

[quote name='h3llbring3r']I am on the fence. I am still not playing my PS3 enough to warrant another controller. If the ergonomics had been improved maybe, if the thumbstick had been swapped with the d-pad mos-def. (I can't stand the thumb on thumb bumping.)
Buy.com also has them pre-order priced at $46 shipped after GCO. Do they give CAG referral credit?
Here's the link anyways:
http://www.buy.com/prod/ps3-dualshock-3-controller/q/loc/108/207536742.html[/quote]

I just tried to order 2 (figured it was a good way to use the $20 of $80 GCO thing that I received) but unfortunately GCO is not available for this item.... it tells you that after you've added it to the cart.

[quote name='daminion']I just tried to order 2 (figured it was a good way to use the $20 of $80 GCO thing that I received) but unfortunately GCO is not available for this item.... it tells you that after you've added it to the cart.[/quote]GCO bonuses like this tend not to work on pre-order items like this one . Probably why it won't work.

[quote name='Cow_tipper']The deal's dead. Amazon has it listed at $55 now.[/quote]Guess I'm glad I jumped on it when I did.

[quote name='roymustang']I definitely want one of these, the Sixaxis is way too light and flimsy for my taste but what i wanna know is if the rumble will work on PS2 games. Anybody know?[/QUOTE]

I can confirm that yes it does. I imported a white one for $58 and some change, so in the absence of a deal like this, I got it early for a few pennies cheaper than the US. *Totally* worth it, IMO. the added weight is fantastic.

deal is still alive and thanks soo much... its a excellent price for the dualshock 3 for the time being..

its a must if ur gonna get mgs4.. now im gonna have 4 controllers lolz

bread's done
Back