Dualshock 4 is available at Gamestop

Hmm that's too bad. Idk what's so hard about a patch that would allow it to be used as a Bluetooth device, but I'm not a programmer. Still though.

and yes only select games work. It seems random. Far cry 2? dead space 1 but not the others? Who knows.

via gamechup.com:

Here’s the list of games that work:
•PS1 Games
•Call of Duty (MW2, MW3, Black Ops, Black Ops 2)
•Castle Crashers
•Portal 2
•Far Cry 2
•The Last of Us
•LittleBigPlanet/LittleBigPlanet 2
•Ni No Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch
•Heavy Rain (no motion sensing)
•Uncharted 1/2/3
•Red Dead Redemption
•Infamous + Infamous 2
•Resistance 2 (had to use a DS3 to get past the start screen, but DS4 worked fine after that)
•Killzone 3
•Dead Space
•Battlefield: Bad Company 2
•Motorstorm (Apocalypse, Pacific Rift)
•Tomb Raider
•Prototype
•Skyrim
•Dark Souls
•Battlefield 3
•Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon
•Final Fantasy XIV
•Super Stardust HD
•Diablo 3
•Bioshock: Infinite
•Kingdom Hearts 1.5 H

Last edited by a moderator:
  also not all ps3 games will work with the ds4, right? only select games will work with it?
Yeah, I've seen reports of specific PS3 games not working with the DS4.

Yeah, I've seen reports of specific PS3 games not working with the DS4.
i mean obviously i can go through every single ps3 game i own currently , and test each. lol
any1 happen to have that list tho?
Edit: nvm, found a list somewhere
Working

PS1 Games
Call of Duty (MW2, MW3, Black Ops, Black Ops 2)
Castle Crashers
Portal 2
Far Cry 2
The Last of Us
LittleBigPlanet/LittleBigPlanet 2
Ni No Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch
Heavy Rain (no motion sensing)
Uncharted 1/2/3
Red Dead Redemption
Infamous + Infamous 2
Resistance 2 (had to use a DS3 to get past the start screen, but DS4 worked fine after that)
Killzone 3
Dead Space
Battlefield: Bad Company 2
Motorstorm (Apocalypse, Pacific Rift)
Tomb Raider
Prototype
Skyrim
Dark Souls
Battlefield 3
Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon
Final Fantasy XIV
Super Stardust HD
Diablo 3
Bioshock: Infinite
Kingdom Hearts 1.5 HD

Not Working

Grand Theft Auto V
Resistance 3
Jak and Daxter HD Collection (only the analog sticks work)
Gran Turismo 5

i mean obviously i can go through every single ps3 game i own currently , and test each. lol
any1 happen to have that list tho?
Edit: nvm, found a list somewhere
Working

PS1 Games
Call of Duty (MW2, MW3, Black Ops, Black Ops 2)
Castle Crashers
Portal 2
Far Cry 2
The Last of Us
LittleBigPlanet/LittleBigPlanet 2
Ni No Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch
Heavy Rain (no motion sensing)
Uncharted 1/2/3
Red Dead Redemption
Infamous + Infamous 2
Resistance 2 (had to use a DS3 to get past the start screen, but DS4 worked fine after that)
Killzone 3
Dead Space
Battlefield: Bad Company 2
Motorstorm (Apocalypse, Pacific Rift)
Tomb Raider
Prototype
Skyrim
Dark Souls
Battlefield 3
Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon
Final Fantasy XIV
Super Stardust HD
Diablo 3
Bioshock: Infinite
Kingdom Hearts 1.5 HD

Not Working

Grand Theft Auto V
Resistance 3
Jak and Daxter HD Collection (only the analog sticks work)
Gran Turismo 5
lol...or you could use this exact same list. Guess it looks better coming from you? Or...? Lol

Hmm that's too bad. Idk what's so hard about a patch that would allow it to be used as a Bluetooth device, but I'm not a programmer. Still though.

and yes only select games work. It seems random. Far cry 2? dead space 1 but not the others? Who knows.

via gamechup.com:

Here’s the list of games that work:
•PS1 Games
•Call of Duty (MW2, MW3, Black Ops, Black Ops 2)
•Castle Crashers
•Portal 2
•Far Cry 2
•The Last of Us
•LittleBigPlanet/LittleBigPlanet 2
•Ni No Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch
•Heavy Rain (no motion sensing)
•Uncharted 1/2/3
•Red Dead Redemption
•Infamous + Infamous 2
•Resistance 2 (had to use a DS3 to get past the start screen, but DS4 worked fine after that)
•Killzone 3
•Dead Space
•Battlefield: Bad Company 2
•Motorstorm (Apocalypse, Pacific Rift)
•Tomb Raider
•Prototype
•Skyrim
•Dark Souls
•Battlefield 3
•Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon
•Final Fantasy XIV
•Super Stardust HD
•Diablo 3
•Bioshock: Infinite
•Kingdom Hearts 1.5 H
Working (games I tried):

Spelunker HD

Darkstalkers Resurrection

Skullgirls

The Simpsons Arcade Game

Hatsune Miku Dreamy Theater 2

Hatsune Miku Dreamy Theater Extend

Dark Awake the King has No Name

Ikki Online

Also, has anyone found a way to use the PS button? I've been using my DS3 for that, but I have hopes there is a better way.

Was able to pick up a DS4 at the GameStop in Greece, NY. They already had the controllers on display behind the counter, with many more in the back.

I somehow created a weird starring scene in the store while purchasing this controller - like I was picking up an actual PlayStation 4. It's was like I could hear them thinking "OMG! He is picking up a PS4 controller...for his PS4?!".

Or maybe this was all in my head.

Was able to pick up a DS4 at the GameStop in Greece, NY. They already had the controllers on display behind the counter, with many more in the back.

I somehow created a weird starring scene in the store while purchasing this controller - like I was picking up an actual PlayStation 4. It's was like I could hear them thinking "OMG! He is picking up a PS4 controller...for his PS4?!".

It was probably in your head. I mean, how many launch titles have local co op? Maybe the sports games or something, but there really wouldn't be this immediate need to obtain a controller. If anything, people were probably wondering why you're getting it in the first place. Like if you bought the camera or a game before release... it just seems needless.

Grabbed my DS4 from GS today. Works great... my current micro B USB cable didn't work but then when I tried the USB cable from my Android phone, it worked fine. Loving it in Battlefield 3. No rumble, but everything else works. Select is Share and Start is Options for those that are/have been playing it on PS3.

I doubt it was in your head. I have to imagine the masses don't know about the early release of the controllers. I can think of ten gamer friends right now who I could have fooled by saying I bought a ps4 and showing them the controller. I just found out about the release two days ago. If I was one of those people with no prior knowledge, I would've given you that same look.

Can someone do a quick comparison between the DS4 and the 360 pad? Or at least point me to a decent one?

I'm sorta tempted to go to GS and pick one up for PC, though I'm thinking it's just detected as a DInput device and that I would need to somehow emulate a 360 pad either with motioninjoy or x360ce.

Reading through the GAF thread about it, so far people having some difficulty with x360ce and I believe motioninjoy is out of the picture atm. I think I'll just wait until a proper xinput wrapper is made for this baby.

If the touchpad on this thing can be used as a bonafide trackpad for PC, man. This would be the ultimate PC pad.

Can someone do a quick comparison between the DS4 and the 360 pad? Or at least point me to a decent one?

I'm sorta tempted to go to GS and pick one up for PC, though I'm thinking it's just detected as a DInput device and that I would need to somehow emulate a 360 pad either with motioninjoy or x360ce.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ubLlK_424wY

I made this video yesterday comparing it to every current/last gen controller. I already got crap for calling the analog sticks digital sticks, lol. Was just something I thought I read but it ended up being that the face buttons are digital, the sticks aren't.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ubLlK_424wY

I made this video yesterday comparing it to every current/last gen controller. I already got crap for calling the analog sticks digital sticks, lol. Was just something I thought I read but it ended up being that the face buttons are digital, the sticks aren't.
Well done. Nice touch comparing to the Wii U controller for all 8 of us who have a Wii U and the wireless controller. :)

I caved in and picked one up.

-Triggers are shaped correctly, they're maybe a tad springier/trigger-like than DS3.

-Triggers on PC show up as both an axis and a button. Some older games can't register triggers as buttons, so this caters to both.

-Sticks are definitely tighter and not nearly as loose as DS3, and maybe slightly looser than the 360 pad.

-The concave with lip design on the sticks is just fine. My thumbs never slip off or feel like they will at all.

-The grip is pretty much perfect. It's slightly larger than DS3 and conforms better. Going back to the DS3, I don't have as much of the controller in my hand as the DS4.

-The light is non-bothersome. It's dim and pointed downward (no reflection off tv screens or whatever).

-All buttons register on the PC. It's your basic DInput controller.

-It registers via Bluetooth by holding Share and Guide button.

-Requires Micro B USB cable. Luckily i had one from my Sansa mp3 player.

-The controller is much more solid-built than the DS3. If you squeeze the DS3 you can hear that plastic crackle-like sound. With the DS4, there is none of that.

-Also packaging is extremely easy to open. No need for scissors and risk of cutting yourself with hard plastic.

Overall I am thoroughly impressed and will be calling this my PC pad. I'll have my 360 pad there in case x360ce doesn't work. At least until a proper XInput wrapper is made for this.

I caved in and picked one up.

-Triggers are shaped correctly, they're maybe a tad springier/trigger-like than DS3.

-Triggers on PC show up as both an axis and a button. Some older games can't register triggers as buttons, so this caters to both.

-Sticks are definitely tighter and not nearly as loose as DS3, and maybe slightly looser than the 360 pad.

-The concave with lip design on the sticks is just fine. My thumbs never slip off or feel like they will at all.

-The grip is pretty much perfect. It's slightly larger than DS3 and conforms better. Going back to the DS3, I don't have as much of the controller in my hand as the DS4.

-The light is non-bothersome. It's dim and pointed downward (no reflection off tv screens or whatever).

-All buttons register on the PC. It's your basic DInput controller.

-It registers via Bluetooth by holding Share and Guide button.

-Requires Micro B USB cable. Luckily i had one from my Sansa mp3 player.

-The controller is much more solid-built than the DS3. If you squeeze the DS3 you can hear that plastic crackle-like sound. With the DS4, there is none of that.

-Also packaging is extremely easy to open. No need for scissors and risk of cutting yourself with hard plastic.

Overall I am thoroughly impressed and will be calling this my PC pad. I'll have my 360 pad there in case x360ce doesn't work. At least until a proper XInput wrapper is made for this.
does it run of battery fast? i feel like my ds3 runs of battery fast. or is charging while you are using it in the ps3?

does it run of battery fast? i feel like my ds3 runs of battery fast. or is charging while you are using it in the ps3?
Sorry, I can't really attest to the battery life since I don't have that much time with the controller. I usually leave it plugged in. I will leave it wireless for as long as possible and get back to you on that.

So I just got the DS4 for my pc but I'm having issues getting it to work in Batman Origins. It shows all the buttons working in my windows controller properties but I cant figure out how to get the game to recognize it.. any ideas?

So I just got the DS4 for my pc but I'm having issues getting it to work in Batman Origins. It shows all the buttons working in my windows controller properties but I cant figure out how to get the game to recognize it.. any ideas?
I assume that Origins uses XInput exclusively. To make it work you need to use x360ce to emulate an xbox controller. There's no other way around atm.

Thanks I was actually looking for a software like this. This will help me out a ton thanks again man!
You have to use it for every game that requires XInput (360 pad) exclusively.

Instructions:

1. Hook up controller (wired or bluetooth).

2. Download x360ce from here: https://code.google.com/p/x360ce/downloads/list and the VS2010 libraries.

3. Extracte x360ce.exe to the same folder where said game .exe is located. In steam you can right click > local files > browse local files.

4. Launch x360ce.exe.

5. Let it generate the .ini and .dll files.

6. Cancel on the settings search window.

7. Make sure you're on the appropriate controller tab, usually Controller 1 (Wireless Controller for the DS4 case).

8. Select Logitech Rumble Pad 2 preset.

9. Load

10. Save

11. Close

12. Open x360ce.ini and add "Version=1" under options. Save and close.

13. Copy and replace the xinput1_3.dll from the 2010 library zip into the game folder.

14. Load up game.

If you want guide button functionality, click on the guide button drop down and record, then press the PS Guide button to set it. Then save and you're good. You have to do this for every game that doesn't support DInput and only supports XInput exclusively.

After you do all this and want to do the same to another Xinput game, just copy the same x360ce.ini, x360ce.exe and the xinput1_3.dll into the .exe folder of your choice.

Also note, if you have the DS4 hooked up wirelessly be sure to not have it Wired else you'll get two controllers hooked up and get double inputs. If you want to go wired, be sure to unpair the DS4 from bluetooth by removing the device.

Disclaimer: x360ce doesn't work for ALL XInput exclusive games. But so far I've tested Naruto and Sine Mora and they work flawlessly.

i had my ds4 paid off since may when i went today to pick it up they also gave me killzone as well i had the game paid off to but didn't expect them to give me the game to 

You have to use it for every game that requires XInput (360 pad) exclusively.
Thanks for taking the time to put that up for me! It works great, I'm stoked I can use it now. I honestly cannot thank you enough, I thought I had wasted money at first.

I saw an article somewhere that someone got the DS4 to work with the 360, which I found silly, but interesting.  I'm wondering if when we get closer to launch if they will release more drivers for the controller so we don't need the third party software?

bread's done
Back