DualShock 4 Wireless Controller and Wireless Headset for PlayStation 4 - 20th Anniversary Edition - Pre-order @ Newegg / Amazon / Best Buy / Walmart

thegreatjuanito

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
No symbols on the touchpad? Pre order cancelled. I'll just wait for the red one

Last edited by a moderator:
I see a thread has been made here!

Well today I heard about this. Went to Gamestop (They didnt even know they were in the system!) So preordered mine before everything is out.

Headset is 10$ down, controller is only 5$. So I have mine secured. =) How fast do you all think these will be sold out of preorder?

Also should update the OP with this info that its at Gamestop.

They'll probably be around for a few months, I can see(in my crystal ball) a black friday sale on these for $40 before they vanish completely, unless the extra $10 premium is because the run of these is extremely small, but I doubt that.

I also have a feeling the gray console might get rereleased too(without markings), it just seems weird Sony hasn't announced any more special consoles past the Batman PS4 for the U.S., I mean, why have the accessories without the matching console? 

10$ prem? Seems all PS4 controllers at Gamestop now are 65$ except for the black one which is 60.

Either way... it will be nice to have a 3rd ps4 controller that I can dedicate to the PS TV. Kinda would beat the pink ps3 controller I use on it now.. but touch pad would be nice.

Btw anyone have those Gold Headsets? They really good with that 7.1 type sound or whatever it does?

I would buy that controller if it had the Playstation face buttons on the thumb pad like the 20th anniversary bundle.  But it doesn't.

Ugh I can't decide whether to keep the Headset I got from Amazon for 65$ or not. They might end up rare like the White ones, but at the same time I already have 2 sets of the White ones from when Target clearanced them out...

Hope these controllers won't be rare. Would pick one up for $40 or so.

I gotta think they won't be permanent colors. 20th anniversary only comes once. I think I read they were going to be a limited run. How limited is the big question.

I see the headset becoming more rare. Only headset out there that matches the 20th ps4. The controller on the other hand loses out to the real 20th controller.

Typically, the controllers from the limited edition ps4's fetch some good money.

I say, if it is a limited run, that the controllers reach the 100 mark and the headsets reach 200.

But I'm just a dude on a web site. Lol.

I'm hoping some company in China can get ahold of one and make replacement shells,I want one but not enough to pay that premium lol

Replacement console shells wouldn't be bad either lol

Last edited by a moderator:
I got my headset today and I really like them. I have been using the Xbox stereo headsets for the longest time and it's great to finally have a wireless pair at the glitched $65 price.

Still glad I got both.. Headset is the harder one to get it seems. Controller, seems to be more common in gamestop.

While both are not "needed", I guess the Retro in me had to have the classic grey stuff. =) Headset is nice tho. Nyko plans to bring out a new modular charging which will have usb output as well so we can plug in the gold headset again too.

Still glad I got both.. Headset is the harder one to get it seems. Controller, seems to be more common in gamestop.

While both are not "needed", I guess the Retro in me had to have the classic grey stuff. =) Headset is nice tho. Nyko plans to bring out a new modular charging which will have usb output as well so we can plug in the gold headset again too.
link to Nyko? I would love to see what you are talking about

Is it true these 20th anniversary PS4 controllers are more sturdy and overall better?
I wouldn't say sturdier, but they're a little different. I feel like the texture on the face buttons isn't as slick as the one on my white DS4's and is meant to mimic the feel of the original PlayStation controller's buttons. Likewise, the rubber on the sticks is a little rougher and more of what you'd expect from the original Dualshock (or anything before the DS4).

http://www.gamestop.com/ps4/accessories/ps4-white-modular-charge-station/115690

That thing, also is in black. They havent posted the new version on their site yet, but when I just contacted them via email is when they told me and confirmed. Sadly the updated version will only be in black. =(
I always thought they should make something like this that adds a few usb ports and moves them to the back of the console to hide them, while staying true to the design

Just wish it would be in white... This new black one is gonna suck on my white system.. but if I wanna use my gold headset.

Kinda wish I had the grey retro ps4 now lol.

bread's done
Back