Dualshock Issue: Are you affected?

N

Napster921

I just wanted to get a general census of how many people were affected by the 3.0 firmware update controller problem. You guys having any issues?

I never even heard about a problem. Both of my DS3s are working fine, and I haven't heard complaints from any of my friends in the past day.

It has affected me, but now I realize that all the controllers that are having issues are import fakes. Not cool...not cool at all.

[quote name='Arakias']what is this infamous problem you refer to that no one else seems to be affected by?[/QUOTE]

Imported white Dualshocks were reported to be non-compatible with firmware update 3.0. Doesn't seem to affect US controllers.

The problem should be detailed in the OP. Most people probably don't have imported DS3s, so most of the responses in this thread are probably needless.

Using original US black controller that came with the last 80GB model. Rock Band controllers work fine also.

[quote name='Stealthcat']Imported white Dualshocks were reported to be non-compatible with firmware update 3.0. Doesn't seem to affect US controllers.[/QUOTE]

I have a white DS3 imported from a long time ago. It's working fine with 3.0.

My White Import is working...except for the R2 button, which is busted. I don't know if I can send it in for repairs, though.

both of my controllers works for me. satin silver DS3 and cloud black DS3. i noticed that i cant access or rent any movies from the playstation store. im guess its region locked?

I think we can closed this one now. If you've got a knock-off controller from Hong Kong, it sounds like you're likely SOL after 3.0. I always prefer first party when it comes to controllers, but that's definitely hitting below the belt.

I was a little worried since I have a while controller that I grabbed while in Japan but I had no problems at all when I did the update. I even waited a bit after it came out to see what was going on.

I had some initial synch issues with the DS 3 from my slim PS3 and after the 3.0 FW update I've noticed that my USB headset goes on and off sporadically. But since I managed to fix the synch issues I've had pretty smooth sailing.

One thing I will say is that the newer mini USB controller they give you with the slim PS3 more snugly fits into the top of the DS3.

My DS3 is fine, but on a related note the 3.00 firmware caused my Uncharted to freeze in Chapter 3,
after you explore the U-boat and at the part where you're running away from bad guys shooting at you.

Really annoying, hope they fix that soon, but I do have other games to play, so not that big of a deal. Sucks if you rented the game and encountered the bug cause you just wasted your money.

I just started Uncharted today and it froze on Chapter 2 as I turned to face the forest (turned right). I'll have to remember to turn off auto-save. My DS3 is doing fine by the way.

bread's done
Back