Duarbility of Wii

darkcecil32

CAGiversary!
Feedback
7 (100%)
Hey guys, does anyone here have any experience with their wii taking a hard knock or two? I know Nintendo has a reputation for making their consoles solid as a brick, and I'm assuming that the Wii is no different. And am certainly hoping that it isn't.

The reason I'm asking is because I accidentally knocked my wii over when trying to untangle a lot of the cables in the back. The console merely fell from the upright position onto its side but with a loud thud (I have a hardwood floor). It seems that everything is in working order afterwards, but then I have this nagging feel eating away at me as this is the first time in all my years that I've let something like this happen to one of my consoles. That, and I finally have a reason for the first time all summer to use my wii as there's a bunch of virtual console games I want to try and get with the pepsi rock band contest.

My toddler knocks mine over all the time on a marble table but its only onto the side and I haven't had any issues (her ejecting games and destroying them aside lol) However my nephews accidently knocked theres off a small table and it hit a carpeted floor and the disc eject broke but I guess it landed on a corner kind of so maybe thats why.

As far as I have seen they are quite durable. I've knocked mine over from upright onto it's side before with out incident. I know how you feel though I try to take very good care of my systems and considering their cost it is something that can be in the back of your mind worrying for a bit when something like that happens. Good luck and I hope it continues to work great.

[quote name='blissskr']My toddler knocks mine over all the time on a marble table but its only onto the side and I haven't had any issues (her ejecting games and destroying them aside lol) However my nephews accidently knocked theres off a small table and it hit a carpeted floor and the disc eject broke but I guess it landed on a corner kind of so maybe thats why.[/QUOTE]

oo, that's a relief. pretty clever of her to figure out how to eject the disks and destroy them, hope the damage hasn't been too bad for you. I think I'm going to head down right now and see if my disk eject button still works...*scurries off*

[quote name='Banjora']As far as I have seen they are quite durable. I've knocked mine over from upright onto it's side before with out incident. I know how you feel though I try to take very good care of my systems and considering their cost it is something that can be in the back of your mind worrying for a bit when something like that happens. Good luck and I hope it continues to work great.[/QUOTE]

Thanks! I hope so, too. Cost is a big worry. I'm going to be saddled with debt after I graduate from college this year. If I ever want to make it to grad school, I can't afford to spend money I shouldn't have to be spending. And even then, I'll be working for a few years, anyways.

Trust me, they are durable. I was playing Mario Kart, and it was kind of out a little bit, and I pulled the Gamecube controller and it went crashing to the floor. Good news, it was fine.

If you are concerned about it taking a spill moving it to the horizontal position may be for the best.

Still, Nintendo is the king of robust hardware. They seem to take it personally when things do break. I can only think of the DS Lite hinges and the original NES connectors ever being prone to failure.

[quote name='foltzie']If you are concerned about it taking a spill moving it to the horizontal position may be for the best.

Still, Nintendo is the king of robust hardware. They seem to take it personally when things do break. I can only think of the DS Lite hinges and the original NES connectors ever being prone to failure.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I know Nintendo has a reputation for making nearly invincible hardware. I guess I tend to worry more about disk based consoles than the older ones of the past. As for repeating frequency, I think this is the first time I can recall in 17 years of owning consoles that I've ever dropped one, so hopefully it shouldn't happen again anytime soon. *crosses fingers*

I'm not sure how durable is the wii, but mine took a big fall when I was playing SSBB with my brother I was using a wired gamecube controller and my brother a wave bird. My dad's dog just comes walking right where the controller wire is and nocks the wii off the dvd player.

The wii fell I think 4 to 5 feet it's carpeting, but I'm not sure if it hit anything on the way down all the wires is still on the wii and it's still running with the game still running I was surprised it still worked, but I guess it depends on how it falls I dunno.

Mine fell from vertical to horizontal onto a hard, tile floor at my friends house. My Wii did make some odd noises (before or after, I can't remember) but it doesn't anymore. It fell a long time ago and it still works great.

When I still had a Wii I dropped it several times as well as moved it twice and smacked it once and the thing worked perfectly.

The only Wii problems I've heard of are when people buy them and leave WiiConnect 24 on all the time and it leads to GPU issues. However, and this of course comes with a fistful of salt, I have only heard of this problem in launch units and have not heard of this happening with newer models.

bread's done
Back